038

New Faces

 

Suho watched as Ahyoung sidestepped the male, Jinyoung stood there, stunned.

“A—Ahyoung-ah,” Suho spoke, the girl’s eyes went to him. She also noticed people from her family’s company looking at her, waiting for her word.

“Here.” Suho fished out something from his coat pocket, the girl paused.

“Take my car.” He put the key fob in her right palm, the girl looked at him, Suho saw how tears were pooling around her eyes.

“Oppa, it’s fine, I..” She trailed off, now knowing what to say. People had seen it all, and it finally did hit her. Jinyoung and her were over, nothing could fix the two of them. And she didn’t want them to be fixed.

“You’re not fine, and it’s okay. I’ll take care of this.” Suho gave her a small smile before nudging her to the direction of his Mercedes, the girl let out a shaky breath before nodding back.

“Call me if you need anything.” He said as he opened the driver’s door for her, Ahyoung looked at him.

“Lee Ahyoung!” Jinyoung hollered, the girl glanced back at him, he was storming towards them.

“I’ll let you decide then.” Suho said before stepping away from the girl, his secretary was waiting for him by the doors, the male was confused with his boss’s actions.

Jinyoung stopped on his tracks when Ahyoung slid inside the car and drove off in full speed. Suho glanced over his shoulder, his eyes went to Jinyoung briefly.

“Sir,”

“Make sure word doesn’t get out of regarding what happened here. And,”

“Yes, sir?”

“Make sure Ahyoung is safe. Have some of our men follow her, but maintain distance.”

 

 

Soojin could hear the venom in the girl’s words and it bothered her.

“Jena, stop this.” Sehun said, his tone arctic.

“Be careful, new face, these Samsung kids play different.”

She felt Sehun pulling her with him as they sidestepped the girl but Jena spoke again.

“Don’t let them break your heart.” She hummed, that made Soojin paused and she couldn’t help it. She turned her head to look at the girl.

“You should be thankful someone actually had the guts to stop Seri the other day,” She said, Sehun stopped and he turned his head, Jena’s brows rose at the girl’s words.

“Because the you’re talking about might just bite back and you’ll never recover from it.” Her lips quirked up.

“Just because you have Sehun’s attention now doesn’t mean~”

“Look who’s trying to get attention.” Soojin cut her off, Jena halted, her eyes narrowed at her.

“I can put up with a lot of things, but talking about my friends right in my face, is the one thing I wont let go.”

“You shouldn’t be taking Seri’s side.” Jena pointed out.

“There’s no way in hell I would be taking yours.” She smiled at her before moving away, Soojin could hear Sehun’s footsteps behind her and she winced to herself.

“Okay, I know I sounded mean but she was~” She turned to him and halted when she realized how close he was to her, her nose almost touched the front of his shirt.

“It doesn’t really matter. I wanted to ask if you would rather get something to eat first.” Sehun spoke, there was something in his tone that made her think twice.

“You want to talk about it, huh?” She murmured, Sehun blinked back at her and he nodded.

“Jena. Jena is something. And I’m sorry I dragged you into this mess.” He ran his fingers through his hair, Soojin her lips before speaking.

“Seri ignored you for days because you took her side,” She stated, Sehun winced but he nodded.

“Sehun, it’s fine. You don’t have to explain anything.”

Sehun let out a breath before meeting her gaze again, his forehead creased and then he reached out to cup her cheek.

“No, I want you to know. I want you to know everything.” He murmured before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

 

 

Seri stepped out of the room, she was on the phone as she crossed the hall.

“What do you mean she found out? How?”

Suho was on the other line and she was worried.

“Oh my god, oppa. Talk about the timing.” She mumbled as she made her way towards the stairs, she brushed her hair away from her cheeks and leaned over the railings as Suho continued to fill her in.

“Well, she needs the time alone. Great thinking. Jinyoung deserves to rot in hell.” She mumbled darkly.

“Seri, she saw him at the lounge in broad daylight.”

“I know, I got it the first time you said it. He deserves more than a slap.”

"Seri, Ahyoung was really upset when she left. I'm worried."

Seri's lips curled up and she hummed back, signalling for the older male to continue.

"I let her drive off alone. It's not safe."

"You gave her the space she needs, oppa. That's really nice."

"What if she~"

"Oppa, she's already out of the worst danger, Park Jinyoung."

Seri heard Chanyeol calling for her and she pushed herself off the railings, she transferred her phone to her other ear.

“Can you please try checking on her later? I mean, call her.”

“Of course, I will. Don’t worry, oppa.” She said, the girl was about to go down when her reflection on the windows caught her eye.

“Seri, we have Fruit Loops and~”

Her phone slipped from her fingers, Seri fumbled to reach for it and then she started to lose her footing.

“Ah!”

 

 

Ahyoung exhaled and looked at the calm ocean waters before, she pulled her coat closer to her frame and chewed on her lower lip.

She felt horrible inside, a part of her was thinking that she might have decided on that rashly. However, in a way, she felt relieved.

“Was I just waiting for a reason to break up with him?” She blurted out, her forehead creasing. She wasn’t going to deny it, there were times when Jinyoung made her feel trapped, he tends to force things to her especially when it came to work. Ahyoung never brought it up to him because she knew he would just argue with her.

But now, she felt free.

She was free of him.

She leaned back against the car’s hood and crossed her arms. And yet here she was, taking advantage of Kim Junmyeon’s kindness. She turned her head to look at the car.

“Maybe I should stop being so accepting to strangers.” She murmured, Ahyoung exhaled and she shook her head again. Jinyoung’s words played in her head again and she grew frustrated by it. She couldn’t fathom where he got the guts to tell her that, to assume about her and Suho, when he had been nothing but nice to her.

“Nice. He’s always been so nice that it can get scary sometimes.” She mumbled to herself, and then she noticed a couple males walking towards her. She paused, realizing from their gait that they seemed drunk. She sighed and went around the car again, she was about to open the door when one got to her and pushed it back.

“We’ve been…eyeing from across the street, miss. You seem lonely.” One said in a sleazy manner, the stench of cheap alcohol assaulted her sense and she pulled back.

“Leave me alone.” She said gruffly as she tried to reach for the door again, but his friends started to laugh, she felt a hand on her hip and she panicked.

“Leave me~” She halted when it suddenly got dark around her, Ahyoung turned just as four men in dark suits surrounded her, one of them had the sleazebag in a headlock.

“She asked to be left alone.” One spoke, and then he opened the door for Ahyoung. The girl grew confused, surely her father would not send her bodyguards without informing her.

“Young miss, we can drive you back to downtown if you want.” The other male spoke, Ahyoung saw the men from earlier running away from them, one of them were limping.

“A—h, no, it’s okay. I can drive myself back. Did…” She trailed off as she looked at their faces.

“The vice chairman sent us to make sure you got home safe, we’re sorry for intruding.” They gave her a polite bow, Ahyoung nodded, her brows going up.

Of course, reliable Suho oppa. As always.

“I’ll make sure to return his car later then.” She said before thanking them, the girl got inside the car.

“The vice chairman says that you can return it anytime, we will be following you back to the city, ma’am.” He slowly closed the door shut for her and Ahyoung watched as the four crossed the street.

“Is this the Samsung treatment?” Ahyoung said light-heartedly as she drove away from the street.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++