042

New Faces

 

Ahyoung stepped down from the cab and walked towards the hospital’s doors, she was about to step in the building when she heard someone calling her name.

“Ahyoung-ssi,”

She turned and her head tilted as she tried to recognize the male.

“Jackson.” She said, the male smiled and walked to her, she glanced around them, a little confused why the male wanted to talk to her.

“Are you here to see Seri?”

“Yeah, how about you?”

“I was just upstairs to see her as well, but..there’s thing,” Jackson his lips while looking away, Ahyoung nodded for him to continue.

“Can..Can we talk? I wont take your time, I promise.” He said earnestly, Ahyoung smiled before replying.

“Of course.”

Jackson gestured for the girl to walk with him and so she did, the two made their way across the street and into a nearby café. Ahyoung sat down and waited for the male as he ordered coffee for the two of them.

Her phone buzzed and she took it out.

I’m free tomorrow for lunch. I’ll come by to pick you up. -Suho

She was about to type in a reply but Jackson appeared before her and he sat down. Ahyoung thanked him for the coffee and she set her phone down.

“What is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“It’s about Jinyoung and what happened when we met up in China.”

 

 

“Sir,”

Suho looked up from his desk as a list was handed to him, his forehead creased as he took a quick glance on it.

“They refuse to take the articles down, sir. One reporter even assumed that you two were fighting over a woman because you were seen~”

“Did they…”

“One mentioned miss Lee, sir. What should we do?” The male asked, Suho exhaled and loosened his tie.

“I have a lot of things on my plate right now since Chanyeol has been preoccupied with Seri’s admittance to the hospital. So,”

“Sir, having them shut down is a bit~”

“I already said this, once they try pulling Ahyoung into this, it’s game over for them. How many companies are there?” Suho asked, his secretary paused, he could hear the edge in the young executive’s voice. His boss was never the cold and domineering type, but that doesn’t mean he would never run out of patience.

“Three, sir. One of them is a headliner for Seoul Morning~”

“Take care of them.” His reply was simple and as deadly.

“Her name shouldn’t be dragged into this.” He said as he stood up, the male nodded quickly.

“If anyone tries to post another article, tell them I’ll deal with them myself. And,”

“Yes, sir?”

“Close down Seoul Morning Post.”

 

 

Seri was wheeled in back in her room and was surprised to find her two friends still inside.

“I was worried that you two would jet off and not talk.”

“How’s the baby?” Soojin asked, Seri scrunched her nose.

“She prefers not to call the baby that way yet.” Chanyeol chuckled as he helped the girl to the bed, Soojin rushed to the two. Sehun leaned back on the couch, smiling as Seri struggled.

“I’m fine, we’re both fine. I think.”

“Maybe wearing heels isn’t an option for you now? You’re always wearing them.” Soojin said worriedly, Seri shrugged back.

“I’m stuck with boring footwear for the meantime. I’m glad you could drop by. Thanks for bringing fruit.”

Soojin chuckled and sat down beside the girl, Chanyeol glanced at his cousin. Seri looked at her fingers before speaking.

“You know, Soojin-ah, there’s this thing we’ve been…not mentioning to you.” Seri started, Sehun eyed his friend.

“They told me that you weren’t Jinyoung’s biggest fan and so we decided that…”

“Jinyoung, really?” Soojin sighed, Sehun chuckled and gave her a small nod, wanting her to listen.

“Months back, Suho oppa and Jinyoung bumped into each other when they were in China. Suho oppa was there for work, you know. And Jackson invited them over to party or whatever.” Seri continued and she her lips.

“I feel like I should dial 911 by now.” Chanyeol murmured as he sat down.

“Suho oppa…he witnessed this.” Seri picked up her phone and gave it to her friend, Sehun grimaced and looked away.

“What the f-”

“Cussing might not be good for the zygote.” Seri intervened, Soojin shut and she glared at the screen.

“That’s why…oppa was very aggressive towards him, Soojin-ah. I just wanted you to know because…honestly, I want Ahyoung to be aware of this. But I don’t know how to approach this~”

“They already broke up.” Soojin told her as she put the phone down, Seri nodded and shrugged.

“She should know, Seri. I think she should.”

“Now that you already told Soojin, I think we should go. Time for you to rest.” Sehun stood up from his seat, he picked up Soojin’s coat and purse.

“Nice, now you take my friend away from me.” Seri pointed out, Chanyeol grinned at his cousin.

“I just want you to rest, my dear in-law.” Sehun replied with a roll of his eyes, Soojin snorted and pulled the male away from Seri.

“I’ll visit again tonight, I’ll bring you something with no caffeine.” She promised, Seri winked at her and she watched as the two walk towards the door. Seri saw how Sehun was holding onto the girl’s hand as they left.

“Don’t say it.” Chanyeol said.

“I told you so. They’d make a great couple.” Seri chuckled, the husband laughed and shook his head.

 

 

Ahyoung let out a shaky breath as she stood by the hospital’s doors, Jackson had told her everything. How Jinyoung was meeting other women every time he went on business trips and how even in Seoul, he also had women around him.

She looked up, not wanting her tears to fall. She slowly shook her head and turned away from the doors, Ahyoung raised her hand to hail a cab and a Rolls Royce stopped before her.

She paused as she recognized the vehicle, a familiar male slid down and was smiling at her.

“Ahyoung-ah, h~” Suho paused as soon as he noticed the look on her face, he walked around the car and rushed to her.

“Are you okay?” He reached out to squeeze her shoulder, Ahyoung swallowed, her forehead creased.

“Oppa, you knew.” She said, Suho paused and looked at her, it was clear that the male was confused.

“Ahyoung-ah, it’s cold today.” He stated as he took off his coat and draped it around her, the girl slowly shook her head.

“Y—You knew about Jinyoung, huh? That’s why…That’s why…” She trailed off, and she felt Suho’s hand on her tense up, he let go of her. The older male looked away and pursed his lips.

“Ahyoung-ah, I…I wanted to~”

“You wanted to tell me. I know.” She breathed as she took a step back from him, Suho grimaced at her reaction.

“I didn’t want to interfere and, I was worried that you’d see me as someone who~”

“You did nothing wrong, oppa. Please don’t talk that way.” Ahyoung met his gaze evenly, Suho nodded back at her, but concern was written all over his face. She pulled the coat closer around her frame before letting out a sigh.

“I guess my gut feeling saved me again.” She told him, Suho could only nod.

“I wanted to protect you from that, Jinyoung..what he was doing was all wrong and dirty.” Suho said softly as he carefully reached out to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Can..Can you give this to Seri for me?” She lifted the shopping bag she was carrying, Suho took the bag from her.

“I don’t think I’d want her to see me like this, she’s not supposed to be stressed out right now.” She continued on, Suho looked around them and realized something.

“Of course.” And then he put his car key in the girl’s purse, her eyes widened.

“Oppa, you don’t have to.”

“Let me help you.”

“I can’t keep on accepting all these favors, oppa.” She sighed at him, but Suho only smiled.

“And I know that you’re the one having all those rumors taken down.”

Suho nodded and gently pushed her towards the Rolls, Ahyoung turned to him again.

“Isn’t that too much for a business partner? I don’t want to seem~”

“Ahyoung-ah,” Suho spoke, his tone gentle but firm. He held onto her hand as he opened the car’s door for her.

“It really is okay. As long as It’s you, I don’t mind.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++