019

New Faces

 

Soojin glanced at the window as the car sped up, Sehun was on the phone beside her, he was speaking through his Bluetooth earpiece in soft tone. The girl glanced at him, taking a small peek. He really undeniably handsome.

The kind of handsome that would have you wondering how his parents conceived him.

“Have you eaten?”

Soojin blinked, realizing that he was speaking to her, Sehun put his earpiece away.

“I ate something at the mart, you?”

“I had something at the office earlier,” He replied as he checked the mirrors again.

“Aren’t you hungry? You should eat something.”

“It’s okay, I can~”

“I’ll ask them to prepare something at the shop,” She said as she took her phone out, Sehun glanced at her, he smiled.

“Something other than bubble tea, of course.” She added, Sehun’s nose scrunched.

“You’ll never let that die down, huh?” He mused as he slowed to a full halt, Soojin looked at the window and saw the frontage of her shop.

“There’s nothing bad about bubble tea.” Soojin chuckled, Sehun shook his head before sliding down from the car, the girl was about to push the door open but he got to it first.

“The roads are getting slippery.” Sehun murmured as he pulled the door open for her, Soojin stepped down and noticed that her staff were staring at them through the glass windows.

“You don’t have to get the bags, I can~”

Sehun got the bags from the trunk and grinned at her.

“Seri would kill me if she finds out I let you carry these bags. I know, you’re capable of carrying them, but I don’t want to die.” He continued, Soojin laughed and nodded back.

“Oh Sehun is a feminist.” She hummed as they walked towards the doors, he glanced at her, confused.

“Aren’t all genders equal? But, do we really want to get in to that? It’s still early.”

The girl laughed and held the door for him, he stacked the bags on one of the empty tables.

“A feminist who can’t differentiate cabbage from lettuce.”

Sehun paused, his forehead creased briefly before rolling his eyes at the girl.

“I’d like to have my food now, if it’s not much. Driving you here was tiring.” He said in a playful tone.

“If you were served a salad, would you know if it was really a salad?” Soojin shot back, Sehun sighed and just transferred the bags to the counter.

“I never win.” He nodded to himself before taking a seat, Soojin chuckled and made her way to the kitchen.

Sehun glanced back and smiled to himself.

 

 

“Thanks for the quick lecture no how to run a company without having a mental breakdown in front of the board,” Ahyoung said as they reached the lobby, Suho looked at her.

“It’s nothing. We all went through the beginners’ stage, Ahyoung-ah.”

“But, o—oppa, you seem so good at it.” She murmured, Suho paused, hearing her address him that made his heart flutter.

And that wasn’t good.

“It took me years to make it seem like I know what I was doing.” He joked, Ahyoung chuckled and shook her head.

“Lunch will be at the Intercon, I’ll see you and your team there.” Ahyoung spoke, she saw a Mercedes Benz roll in and she looked at the male.

“I..have to say this, but it’s..weird not seeing Seri right next to you.”

“Seri’s quite a handful. And we always try to protect her from certain things.” He replied before stretching his palm towards her.

“It was great doing business with you, young miss.” Suho said teasingly, Ahyoung shook her head at him, she was about to place her hand in his when a familiar voice called her.

“Ahyoung-ah!” Jinyoung’s forehead was crumpled as he jogged towards them, Suho put his hand down.

“W—What brings you here, s—sunbae?”

“Work.” Suho’s reply was short. Jinyoung looked at Ahyoung then at the Samsung executive.

“We’re on our way to get lunch to commemorate the project’s first day. I didn’t know you were coming.” Ahyoung said as the male took her hand in his and yanked the girl to his side.

Suho’s brows rose, but his face showed no reaction. Ahyoung blinked, stunned with his actions. There were people watching them and that didn’t sit well with the girl.

“What are you doing?” She asked softly as she tried to pull away from the male, Suho exhaled and glanced at his car.

“Can I talk to you? Privately.” Jinyoung spoke, Ahyoung shook her head.

“Jinyoung-ah, I~”

“I’ll just go ahead, I’ll see you later, Ahyoung-ah.” Suho gave the two a small polite bow before heading off. Jinyoung watched as the older male got inside the car and waited for it to speed off before facing his girlfriend.

“What did I say? Why are you still seeing that guy?” He spoke through gritted teeth.

“Jinyoung, what’s wrong with you? I just said that he was here for work and~”

“I already told you not to talk with them!”

 

 

“It’s getting colder, not exactly my cup of tea.” Seri grumbled as she slid down from the Bugatti, she padded towards Chanyeol and clung to his arm for warmth as they walked.

“I told you to were your padding jacket today.”

“It’s not the most flattering thing to wear.”

“Well, wearing this thin jacket sure doesn’t flatter your health that much.” He joked back, Seri rolled her eyes at him, the two reached the basement elevator.

“Can we have steak instead? You mentioned you wanted to get Japanese food.” He asked as the doors closed before them, Seri let out a yawn before nodding back.

“Was work tiring?” He grinned as he squeezed the girl’s left shoulder.

“I had multiple meetings. It was bad.”

“Well, you’re always welcome to join me,” He hummed as he took her hand, Seri eyed him warily. The doors pinged open and the couple stepped out.

“Join you as in, you never forgetting to tell me that~”

“You don’t have to overwork yourself so much.” Chanyeol finished for her, Seri scoffed and shook his hand away from hers, the male laughed.

“Lucky you, you have your cousins. My cousins are in a different continent.” Seri murmured as she fixed the strap of her Dior purse on her shoulder, Chanyeol smiled and took her hand again.

“I can help out, if you want.” He offered before kissing the top of her head, Seri swatted him away.

“Wow, the Samsung boy offers help. Amazing.” She shot back, the male shook his head and pulled to girl closer to him.

“We should go on a road trip, you know. We haven’t done that in years,” Chanyeol suggested.

“Maybe. But don’t expect me to go camping with you, I~”

Shin Seri? Oh my god, it’s you!

Chanyeol stopped and glanced over his shoulder just as a male jogged towards them, he felt Seri move and the girl broke into a smile.

Jackson Wang!

 

 

“So, Seri and Chanyeol sunbae weren’t close as kids before?”

“Yeah, hyung has always been so outgoing and chatty, while Seri…was the opposite.” Sehun replied as he picked up his fork.

“But, seeing them now, they’re so cute together.” Soojin spoke as she sat down across the male, Sehun paused and nodded.

“The reason why hyung was so awkward around her is because he always did like Seri. It just took him years to tell her.”

Soojin smiled and took a small sip from her cup of coffee.

“Running this place…doesn’t it get tiring?” Sehun asked softly as he glanced around them, the shop was quite packed for a weekday. He took a small serving of the pasta and started eating.

“It does, but it’s worth it.”

“A whole lot more fulfilling than running Hyundai?” Sehun said playfully, Soojin looked at him. She never expected that the male had a playful side to him and it was quite endearing. His personality was the opposite of his cold appearance.

“Definitely. And, thanks for helping me out today.”

“It was nothing, I got paid with a meal and fruit juice.”

“That would have been bubble tea, but I’m letting you live today.” She chuckled as she started eating, Sehun glanced at the windows.

“I’d like…to thank you for..what you’re doing with Seri.”

Soojin paused, she looked up to meet his gaze.

“What?”

“I feel like she’s always been stuck with us, you know. And in turn, she was alienated from other friends. People tend to think we’re…scary because of our family business. I’ve always felt bad for Seri not having different friend circles, and I don’t blame her. She’s my best friend, and I was also…a bit greedy of sharing her before. But seeing her actually go out and bond with you and Ahyoung, it makes me happy.”

“Sehun-ah, we may never had the chance to get close before, but she’s always been a good friend to us.”

“I know, I’m just happy you’re very welcoming to her, Ahyoung too.” He smiled, before reaching out to brush the bits of cheese off the side of her lips.

Soojin’s eyes widened in shock, Sehun was still smiling at her as he handed her a napkin.

“W—Well, she’s~”

“Soojin-ah? I came here to~ Oh! You have a guest!” Mrs. Jung suddenly walked in the shop, Soojin balked at her mother as a small malicious grin started to form on her lips.

“Auntie, good afternoon.” Sehun said as he stood up to greet the elder with warmth, Soojin could feel the heat rise up to her neck.

“Eo—Eomma, Sehun was~”

“Oh my goodness, you never told me that you two got along so well. I brought some snacks, why don’t you join us for some fruit, Sehun-ah?” Mrs. Jung sa excitedly before gesturing for Sehun to sit again.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=+++++++++++