044

New Faces

 

 

Soojin looked at the article then at her friend, the two were at the Jung residence, enjoying a peaceful Friday night.

“Are you sure about this?”

“It’s already out. What do you think?” Ahyoung replied, Soojin scrunched her nose in reply.

“Stop worrying. It’s fine.”

“I’m just….I just…” Soojin trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“Just spit it out, this isn’t like you.” Ahyoung chuckled as she poured herself some wine, the other girl chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“I mean, I think it’s a good thing you decided to join ShinHan. It’s great but, I…are you sure that this is all you? Your decision?”

“What do you mean? Of course, it is.” Ahyoung leaned back on the couch, Soojin turned the TV’s volume down before speaking.

“Jinyoung…We all know how Jinyoung wanted you to join your father badly. I heard how he wished society knew you so…he could talk about having a powerful girlfriend to make him look good.”

“Oh.” Ahyoung rolled her eyes, Soojin tilted her head at the girl.

“It’s not?”

“Why would I let him influence something that important to me?” Ahyoung replied, but Soojin was only staring at her.

“I mean it, I did it for me. Not for him. I am finally ready, Soojin-ah. And, I cant exactly explain how or why. Maybe it’s because I’ve been getting a lot of exposure to it? And realizing that it’s not that bad?”

“Seri?” Soojin grinned as she picked up a cookie from the platter before them.

“Not just her, from everyone that I’ve been talking to lately.”

“No certain someone from that everyone?” Soojin mumbled to herself with a small grin.

“What?” Ahyoung glanced at her, the latter quickly shook her head.

“Good for you, Ahyoung. I’m sure you’ll do great. ”

 

 

Chanyeol watched as the elders fussed about, they were holding a small party to celebrate Seri and the baby. His aunt was adamant about throwing it at Suho’s place, not that the older male minded. But, why at his place, no one really knew.

“This is…a bit…hmm.” Chanyeol felt an arm encircle his waist, he smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“Please stop explaining what a zygote is to the old people.” He murmured, she chuckled and let go of him, she was looking at Suho as he chatted with Soojin and her mother.

“The Ohs and Jungs are meeting today too. Whoa.” She chuckled and crossed her arms.

“Oppa looks tensed, are things okay at work?” She asked, Chanyeol nodded in reply.

“Yes. Actually, I don’t know what’s going on with him.”

“Maybe it’s the project with ShinHan?”

“What do you mean?”

“Remember about a week ago, when Ahyoung said she’d..take over? I mean, help her father.” She recounter, Seri saw Sehun walk in and she waved at him. The male rolled his eyes and padded towards the couple.

“I think?” Chanyeol stated, his cousin greeted him with a slap on the shoulder.

“Ahyoung expressed her plans to her parents, everything was announced too.”

“Right, she’s joining the company.” Sehun nodded along and looked around the party, Chanyeol grinned when he saw Sehun’s mother approached the Jungs.

“Oppa probably thinks that Ahyoung was forced into it because of what Jinyoung did.” Seri shrugged, Sehun and Chanyeol blinked at her.

“Why would she be?”

“Didn’t Jinyoung want his girl to be part of this crazy society we live in? He wants a girlfriend who’s known in the business world.”

“I don’t follow. I never have.” Sehun stated, Chanyeol picked up a cupcake and started eating.

“He’s probably assuming that Jinyoung still affects her. Easy. Now let me go get something to eat, I cannot stand the sight of macarons right now.”

 

 

Ahyoung walked through the patio doors and was surprised by the amount of guests. She quickly scanned the area and spotted Chanyeol chatting with Soojin and Sehun. She smiled as she made her way towards them.

“Oh, Ahyoung-ah?” A feminine voice called for her, she turned and saw the elder walking towards her.

“It’s good to see you again, Mrs. Kim.” Ahyoung blurted out, the lady smiled pleasantly.

“I’m glad you could join us today, Ahyoung. Did you come alone?” She asked as she pulled the girl with her, Ahyoung started to panic.

“I did, I drove myself~”

“Junmyeon-ah, we have a guest!” She called out, Ahyoung balked in surprise as heads turned towards them. She spotted Seri grinning in the crowd as she munched on some chips.

Ahyoung turned her head just as Suho came to view, he was dressed in a pair light denim jeans and a white turtleneck sweater.

Disney prince on a weekend.

“Hi,” He said, there was a look on his face that Ahyoung didn’t quite understand, he looked surprised to see her.

“You show her around, don’t forget to offer her something to drink.” Mrs. Kim said with a wink, Suho sighed and sent his mother a look. Ahyoung couldn’t help but laugh.

“Sorry about that, my mother can be a bit…something.” He mumbled as he gestured for the girl to walk with him.

“It’s okay, oppa. I haven’t seen everyone in a while now, I’m worried that you guys have forgotten about me.” She said jokingly, then the male stopped and looked at her.

“Forget you? I didn’t.” He spoke, Ahyoung blinked at him, stunned with his reply.

“I…I was joking.” She murmured, Suho’s brows rose and then he smiled.

“I never got to say this but,” He said as he leaned closer to her, Ahyoung felt herself tense at his proximity.

“Congratulations on your promotion.” He said with a chuckle before giving her hand a squeeze, the girl could only let out a nervous chuckle.

“T—Thanks, o—oppa.”

“I’ll get you something to drink.”

Ahyoung watched as the male walked away from her and then she speed walked towards the munching Seri.

 

 

“Hey!” Seri was smiling as she gave the girl a hug.

“Are we celebrating because of your zygote?” Ahyoung asked with a grin, the other girl nodded back.

“What was that? When did Suho oppa’s mother get so close with you?” Seri was chuckling, Ahyoung paused and glanced at the lady again.

“I ran into her while I was returning Suho oppa’s car. I think…she thinks that Suho oppa and I are…” She trailed off and shrugged, Seri looked at her and smiled.

“I know that smile. Don’t.” Ahyoung winced, the latter laughed.

“Why not? I don’t know if you heard this but you’re single now.” She pointed out, Ahyoung waved her away.

“And I know it’s only been weeks but, Ahyoung-ah, there’s so much out there.” Seri shrugged.

“I thought Soojin and Sehun were enough for you.” She mumbled, Seri scoffed and rolled her eyes at the girl.

“I didn’t even need to lift a finger. But this,” Seri hummed, she saw Suho chatting with some of the guests by the patio doors, she looked at Ahyoung. She noticed how the other girl was also looking at him, her lips were starting to quirk up.

“I’m considering sold.”

“What?” Ahyoung turned her head to Seri, the latter winked at her.

“Oppa!” She called out, Suho’s eyes went to them.

“Ahyoung would want a mimosa!” Seri said, her voice loud enough to reach him, Ahyoung nudged her arm.

“Seri~”

“It doesn’t have to be Suho, Ahyoung-ah. But don’t shelter yourself too much because you met the wrong guy.”

“I know t—that, but S—Suho is~”

“A friend. A close friend. No need to stutter over him, darling.” She hummed before hopping away from Ahyoung.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++