037

New Faces

 

Suho saw his car being brought around, Ahyoung let go of his arm and turned to him.

“Ahyoung~”

“I don’t want to talk about it, oppa. I’m fine, you don’t have to ask me.” She said evenly, Suho was about to speak but someone stepped in between them.

“Ahyoung-ah, let me explain.” Jinyoung spoke as he took her hands in his, Ahyoung pulled back from the male.

“I asked for space, Jinyoung. Fair enough.”

“It’s not how it looks like.” Jinyoung spoke, Suho stepped back, he didn’t know what repulsed him more, Jinyoung’s ability to lie to the girl’s face or watching the male as he tried to explain himself.

“Maybe this is what we need, I was right.” Ahyoung told him, Jinyoung tried to hold her hand again, but the girl simply shook her head. People were starting to look and that worried Suho a bit.

“What we need? You didn’t even tell me why we needed space.”

“Well, I’m telling you now.” Ahyoung shot back, Jinyoung loosened his tie, frustrated.

“Ah~”

“It’s not just space we need, Jinyoung. We need to stop. I can’t do this anymore.”

“What…are you talking about?”

“I’m breaking up with you.” She replied, her tone flat. Jinyoung let out a breath and his eyes went to Suho.

“Really? You’re doing this in front of him?” He spat, Ahyoung followed his gaze and sighed.

“This has nothing to do with other people, you keep on blaming~”

“Well, what else do you want me to do? It’s way too obvious, ever since you started hanging out with these people, you’ve changed!”

Suho saw his secretary exiting the double doors, he was about to move away from the two when he heard Ahyoung.

“Well, I asked for space and now you seem to be enjoying that.”

“Not like how you enjoy all that attention your Samsung prince has been giving you, was it the money that pulled you in? Or the prestige of becoming one of their women?”

Suho’s eyes widened at his words and then he turned back just as Ahyoung’s palm came in contact with the man’s face.

“You were probably cheating on me, but thanks for making me realize you’re not worth it. You never were.”

 

 

Soojin stretched her arms as she glanced back at the shop again, they had closed an hour earlier for the day.

“I should enjoy the weekend.” She murmured to herself, she noticed a familiar orange car rolling in behind her, Soojin turned and smiled.

“Seri’s here.” She murmured as she hopped towards the Bugatti happily, she was about to lean down when the driver’s door open.

“You’re closed for the day?”

Oh my god, you are not Seri.

Her eyes widened when she realized she was wrong, Sehun was smiling at her.

“I thought..you were Seri.” She blurted out, he nodded and walked around the car, Soojin noticed that he was dressed casually today. A pair of dark denim jeans and a nicely fitting turtleneck in a shade of beige underneath the leather jacket he was wearing.

Very Oh Sehun, very…attractive.

“I was hoping to get something to drink, but I guess not today.” He said teasingly as he leaned against his car.

“Is this your version of…a friendship bracelet or something? Same cars?”

Sehun chuckled and opened the passenger door for her, Soojin paused.

“How does spending the rest of the day with me sound?” He asked, Soojin blinked back at him, she really hadn’t given it much thought before but he really was tall.

“Not bad. Do we get to eat first?” She said as she leaned down to get inside the car, Sehun nodded back at her.

“Of course.” He said before closing the door, Soojin watched as the male went around the car and she leaned back.

“What do you feel like eating?” Sehun asked as he started the engine, he suddenly leaned closer to her and pulled the seatbelt across her, Soojin halted, realizing how close his nose was to her neck.

“Buckle up.” Sehun grinned at her as he pulled back, Soojin looked way from him and puffed her cheeks.

 

 

“No, you can have it rescheduled to next week. I have a meeting with the Seon Group this Thursday, and,” Chanyeol walked towards the window and looked at the garden.

“Regarding the LeeJin Financial, sir?” His secretary spoke.

“Yes, have them submit a proposal by the weekend.” Chanyeol murmured, he ended the call and glanced back to their bed. Seri was sleeping soundly under the sheets, Sehun was right. She had a slight fever and she didn’t even wake when Chanyeol carried her out of the office earlier. His forehead creased. He had been so busy lately that he didn’t notice that his wife probably wasn’t feeling well.

Seri started to move on the mattress and he walked towards her.

“Whe—Where am I, oh.” Her eyes flitted to his face, Chanyeol broke into a smile and sat down beside her.

“How did I end up here?” She asked as she slowly sat up, he smiled before kissing her cheek.

“You fell asleep in your office, Sehun was pretty bummed about cancelling plans.” He said with a grin.

“Right, he wanted me to come with him, he needed some help with checking one of your Galleria spaces.”

“Oh, I didn’t know Samsung already has you on payroll.” He said playfully, Seri ran her fingers through her head and snorted at him.

“I’m hungry.” She spoke, she noticed that she was still wearing her work clothes. She slid down from the bed and stepped out of her skirt.

“I’ll make you something to eat.” Chanyeol grew amused as the girl padded to closet, Seri waved him off before rummaging through his collection of sweatshirts.

“Wait!” She called back, Chanyeol stopped in his tracks.

“I want cereal.”

 

 

“Ah, so this is part of your work?” Soojin asked as they stepped inside the mall, Sehun nodded back at her.

“I know I promised that we’d eat, but this…Suho hyung asked me to check on this last week, and I haven’t yet, so~”

“Sehun, it’s okay. Maybe I get to learn a thing or two today.” She said teasingly, he shook his head as he gently lead her forward, Soojin could feel his palm on her back as they walked.

“You know,”

Soojin turned to him, Sehun seemed to be thinking hard before continuing.

“I thought you wouldn’t be able to hang out as much since your friend came back.”

“Friend? You mean, Mark?” She replied, Sehun’s eyes went to her briefly but he nodded. Soojin could feel the mall employees glancing at them curiously, some were even whispering to themselves.

“Mark’s a busy person, plus, being in his company can be a bit…weird. It can get weird.” She said softly.

“Weird?”

“He asked me out a couple of times, Oh Sehun. And, I always said no and he seems to have no problem with reminding me that…I kind of..”

“Said no to him?” Sehun grew amused, Soojin was at a loss of words.

“Yes. That.” She muttered as her eyes wandered around the mall, they got on the escalator. Sehun’s palm remained on her back as they got off the machine.

“Soojin-ah, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you, and I never got~”

“Wow, seeing Oh Sehun with another female. A weird occurrence.”

They both looked up, Soojin was staring at the lady walking towards them, she looked very familiar.

“Jena.” Sehun spoke, Soojin’s eyes widened, remembering how Seri reacted to the girl. It was her who got in a verbal war between her friend, Soojin was so worried that time.

“I’m sorry, we haven’t been properly introduced, I’m Jena.” She extended her hand to the girl, Sehun gently tugged the girl behind him.

“What do you want?”

“Come on, Oh Sehun. She also has to know what kind of situation you’re bringing her into.”

“Jena,” He sighed, not wanting her to step any closer to them.

Soojin could detect the sarcasm in the other girl’s voice, she felt Sehun’s grip on her wrist tightened.

“Be careful, miss. Being with Sehun mean going against Seri, and we all know,” She hummed, as she backed away from them.

“That always gets what she wants.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++