020

New Faces

 

Suho ed his coat as his chauffer held the door for him, the male paused before getting in the car. He glanced behind him and saw Jinyoung speaking with Ahyoung at the lobby.

His forehead creased as he noticed that the girl seem bothered.

“Sir,”

Suho looked away and quickly slid inside the car, he leaned back on his seat as they drove away from the building.

“The lunch will be at Intercon, vice president.” His secretary informed him, Suho nodded back and took out his phone.

“I’m surprised that you are already acquainted with miss Lee, sir.” He added, Suho glanced up from the device.

“It..happened that way. I have to make a call.” Suho murmured as he found Seri’s name on the screen and swiped the green icon across the screen. It took her a few rings before answering.

“Oppa, hi~”

“Why did you not know that Ahyoung would be in the meeting today? How could you not know? I thought you knew everything.”

His chauffer and secretary both glanced at each other, their boss sounded childish.

And, was he whining?

There was a short pause from the other line, Suho’s lips thinned as he glanced at the car’s backseat window.

“Right, you got the ShinHan project from Chanyeol. Oh.”

“Oh?” Suho repeated, peeved.

“Then, what’s the problem, oppa? It’s just Ahyoung.” Seri’s chuckled didn’t help him with his discomfort, he sighed and he shook his head.

“It’s just Ahyoung, and it isn’t like you to fret over work.” She mused. Suho chewed on his lower lip, not replying.

“I—I’ll call you later.” He abruptly ended the call and put his phone aside.

Sure, it’s just Ahyoung. It’s just her.

I don’t know how to act around her.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the male, curious.

“When did you get in Seoul?”

“Just a few days ago, I’m here because of work. You look beautiful as always, miss Shin!” Jackson chuckled, his eyes went to the male beside his friend.

“Right, Jackson, this is my husband, Chanyeol. This is Jackson, we met when I was in Hong Kong with abeoji. We’ve done business with their company as well.” She explained, the tall male broke into a smile and shook his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you, welcome to Seoul.” Chanyeol greeted, Jackson nodded back.

“How long will you be here for? Let’s hang out.”

“We have that party for the company next week, invite him.” Chanyeol nudged his wife, Seri nodded.

“Here,” Seri took out her business card from her purse.

“You know how to reach me, and, we would love to have you at one of Samsung’s year-end events.”

“Oh, wait, Samsung? You transferred companies?” Jackson was confused, he looked at her business card, but he saw SK Telcom’s logo embossed on it.

“Uh, no, but him.” Seri pointed to Chanyeol, Jackson blinked at her.

“I married into the family, Jackson. Please don’t make me say it out loud.” She muttered through gritted teeth, Chanyeol chuckled, amused by his wife’s friendship with the male.

“Oh, wow. Nice.” Jackson said jokingly, Seri slapped his arm.

“Be there, alright? I’m sure abeoji would love to see you.”

“Of course, but I have to go first. I have to meet a friend here. Take care!” Jackson winked before making his way towards one of the elevators.

“Did he live in Seoul before?” Chanyeol asked as he took her hand again.

“For a bit, I think he did. If I remember correctly, his family rented one of the Park Holdings’ townhouses. I think he and Jinyoung would probably know each other.”

 

 

Ahyoung exhaled and she removed Jinyoung’s hands on her.

“Even if you think they aren’t safe to be with friends with, I don’t think it is right for you to say that in my father’s company, especially when we’re doing business with them.” She replied, her tone even.

“Since when did you get interested with this company, Ahyoung? Is it because of him? You took this on because of him, right?” Jinyoung shot back, the girl’s eyes widened at his words.

“I don’t understand what’s going on with you, and truthfully, I’d rather not know what it is. But, I have to go,” She stated as she saw the black BMW sedan pull over by the doors, her father’s secretary rushed to the car.

“Ahyoung, being with those people, those…Samsung people, it’s not right. You’ll regret it.”

“What do you have against them, Jinyoung-ah? What did they ever do to you?” Ahyoung sighed, Jinyoung tried to reach for her hand but the girl stepped back.

“I don’t want you around them, even Seri.” He stated, Ahyoung eyed him before shaking her head.

“I’m not having this conversation right now. Call me when you think you’re finally making sense.” She said as she sidestepped the male, the ShinHan heiress made her way towards the waiting car and got inside.

Jinyoung could only watch as the car sped away from the building and he let out a sigh. He felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket and he immediately took it out.

“He~”

“Park Jinyoung!” A voice said loudly, Jinyoung winced as he checked the screen, he paused.

“Jackson?”

“I’m in Seoul, buddy! Let’s meet up.” Jackson said happily, Jinyoung puffed his cheeks as he made his way towards the elevator.

“I can’t right now, I’m a bit~”

“Oh, and I bumped into one of my friends too, I’ll introduce you. I can’t believe she got married early.” Jackson said happily, Jinyoung got inside the machine and waited for the doors to close. The male loosened his tie and leaned his head back on the wall.

“I don’t know if you know her, but she’s a Shin~”

“Look, I’ll call you later. I still have work to do.” Jinyoung murmured before putting his phone back in his pocket.

“I know what you want to talk about, and truthfully it’s none of my business, Jinyoung-ah.”

“There’s no need for you to call me regarding this matter again.”

Suho’s words started to echo in his head, Jinyoung’s fists curled tightly and the doors opened, the elevator dinged, informing him that he was already at the basement.

“He’s doing this in purpose.” He spat as he got inside his car and pulled the doors shut.

 

 

“I’ll get going now, thanks for..having me over, auntie. For the fruit too.” Sehun said with a small smile as he stood up

“It’s good to know that Soojin has made new friends. When will I be able to meet this lovely Seri?” Mrs. Jung asked, Soojin grimaced.

“Seri drops by a lot, eomma. She gets here morning coffee here from time to time.”

“And, she’s married, yes?”

Soojin wanted to hide behind the counter at her mother’s words, but Sehun chuckled.

“She married my cousin, auntie. I believe you know Chanyeol hyung? He’s the one assigned to Lotte.”

“Right, I remember.”

“I’ll walk you out, vice president Oh.” Soojin murmured, she grabbed Sehun by the arm before her mother could speak again.

“My mother can be a little…nosy, I’m sorry for that.” She said as they stepped out of the double doors, Sehun looked at her then at her hand on the sleeve of his coat.

“It’s fine, your mother has always been warm to us.”

Soojin blinked at him, she dropped her arm to her side and Sehun smiled at the girl.

“I had fun, thanks for lunch.”

“Well, we’re even now. You helped me with grocery shopping.” She said as she wrapped her arms around herself, it was really getting cold out. Sehun looked at her, his rose.

“You should go inside, it’s cold.” He reached out to give her arm a small squeeze, Soojin smiled and nodded.

“Drive safely, Samsung prince.”

Sehun groaned at the term, Soojin chuckled before turning away from the male, she glanced back and noticed that the Audi was already speeding away from the vehicle.

“He’s dangerous. Very~” Soojin pushed the doors again but she felt someone tap her on the back, she turned and halted when a fresh bunch of Ecuadorian roses covered her line of sight.

“Long time no see, Jung Soojin.” A deep voice said, before she could react, Soojin was pulled into a warm embrace.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++