004

New Faces

“Are we sure about this?” Ahyoung said jokingly as Soojin eased in the Maserati sedan into the property, the other girl smiled.

“We were never really close to her back in school, huh? I mean, she had her own circle of friends, we also had our own bunch too.” Soojin stated as she killed the engine, Ahyoung nodded back and they both looked at the house.

“She lives alone in here?” Soojin blinked, the house was quite impressive, and big for a single lady to live in.

“SK Telcom’s Shin Seri.” Ahyoung hummed, the two were about to march towards the front porch when a silver Audi R8 pulled over in front of the door. The two watched as the driver slid down from the car, and his eyes zeroed in on them, he automatically smiled.

Soojin smiled and gave him a polite bow, Suho waved them over.

“I see you two arrived together,” He said amiably, Ahyoung glanced over her shoulder and noticed the number of cars at the garage.

“Yes, Ahyoung doesn’t like driving at night.” Soojin said jokingly, Ahyoung felt the male’s kind eyes on her and she looked away.

“I’m okay with it.” She mumbled back as they reached the front door.

“I understand, it’s not exactly the most comfortable thing in the world.” Suho held the door for them.

“Seri seems to have a lot of guests over.” Ahyoung said, taking note of the vehicles outside, Suho shook his head.

“Seri doesn’t really like crowds, so, it's just us tonight.” He said to them, Soojin walked in first when a sudden weight almost knocked her down.

 

 

“Sehun, can you please check outside? I asked Suho oppa to buy pepper for the steak!” Seri hollered, Sehun glanced up from the couch.

“Please!” He rolled his eyes and stood up, he made his way towards the foyer, he noticed his cousin’s car parked outside.

“I think he just got here!” He called out as he walked towards the door, he was glancing at his shoulder, waiting for a reply when he bumped into a body.

“Hyung, Seri~” Sehun stopped and yanked the girl towards him before she could fall down.

Oh Sehun, you should be careful.” Suho chuckled, Sehun looked down and realized it was the girl from the coffee shop, he immediately let go of her arms and stepped back.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you.” He said quickly, the girl nodded back and smiled.

“It’s fine, Sehun-ssi.” She replied, and then he looked at his cousin.

“We—We have guests.” He blurted out, he noticed another lady beside Soojin.

“Yes, right, this is~”

“Oppa!” They heard Seri’s voice, Sehun turned his head just as the girl marched up towards them.

“Soojin-ah, Ahyoung!”

Sehun watched as Seri greeted them with hugs and pulled them into the house while chatting. Suho patted his shoulder before making his way towards the kitchen with the pepper.

“Sehun-ah, this is Ahyoung. We were also in the same class, and you already know Soojin.” Seri spoke as she grabbed his arm, steering her towards them, Sehun nodded back and stretched his hand towards the lady.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Same here.” She replied, Sehun glanced at Soojin before looking at Seri again, her brows rose at him.

“I—I’ll go check on the steaks.” He stuttered, Seri tilted her head at him. Sehun pursed his lips and stared back at his friend. Soojin grew amused as she looked at the two. It was as if they were mentally communicating with each other.

“Or, do you want to show them around instead while I~”

“No!” Sehun blurted out before turning away, he was grumbling to himself as he made his way towards the kitchen.

 

 

“So, you live alone? This is house is quite big.” Soojin asked as they were back in the living room, Seri grinned, the three women were roaming around the house with glasses of champagne in hand.

“It has its perks, I get more space for clothes.” She said jokingly.

“Oh, you play video games too?” Ahyoung spoke as she noticed the different gaming consoles by the flat screen. Seri’s brows rose briefly and she let out a small smile.

“I try to have a little fun from time to time, are you guys hungry? I’ll go check on the food, those two might burn down the place when left unsupervised.” Seri whispered happily before leaving them.

Soojin watched as their friend headed down for the kitchen, Ahyoung sat down on one of the white couches and looked around.

“So, what do you think? Is she with that Sehun person?” Ahyoung asked, Soojin glanced over her shoulder.

“Hmm, I feel like she’s with Suho. I mean, he seems…sweet to her.” Soojin trailed off, she noticed the books on the shelves and shrugged.

“Reconnecting with her feels weird, I mean, were never close to her. She’s always a bit..intimidating.” Ahyoung mused as she leaned back.

“We were probably just wrong about her, but, has she always been hanging around with the Samsung clan?”

 

 

Jinyoung exhaled as he saw his friend walk up to him, he grinned.

“Wang Jackson,” He greeted him with a quick hug, Jackson shook his head at him.

“You want to go out tonight? I thought you were here for work.” Jackson spoke as they made their way towards his car. Jinyoung shrugged and loosened his tie, Jackson unlocked the vehicle.

“Work has been too much lately, I had to fly here in a rush, you know.”

Jackson snorted as the two got inside the car, Jinyoung leaned back on the seat and buckled up.

“Where do you want to go?” Jackson asked as he started the engine, Jinyoung smiled and looked at him.

“I want to have fun.”

“Have fun? What kind of fun?” Jackson grew amused at his reply, he glanced at the male, Jinyoung was drumming his fingers on the car door.

“Like how we used to when we were younger. Drinking, running around and of course,” Jinyoung looked at him meaningfully.

“Okay, I know the perfect place.”

 

 

Suho folded his sleeves up to his elbows as Seri helped him set the table, he glanced at her.

“I’m glad you invited some friends over, you hang out with Sehun way too much.” He said lightly, Seri turned to him.

“Maybe it’s because life has been so hectic lately that seeing old friends made me realize~”

“That you should have told me that we have guests tonight.” Sehun chimed in as he joined them, Seri eyed him warily.

“This is my house, you are also a guest.” She pointed out, Suho grinned at the two. Sehun made a face at her and the girl gave him the finger.

“About Ahyoung, what does she do? I don’t remember you mentioning her.” Suho asked the girl as Sehun disappeared again.

“Ahyoung works for ShinHan Banking, she’s also the youngest daughter of the company.”

“Ah, were you always close with her?” He asked as he took the glasses from her, Seri shrugged.

“Oppa, I’ve always had difficulty with getting along with girls, but I never had issues with her and Soojin.” She pointed out as she straightened the utensils.

“Right,” Suho chuckled and mussed her hair.

“Do you need any help?” Ahyoung appeared by the doorway, Suho straightened up and dropped his hand to his side.

“We’re almost done and no, I don’t allow guests to help.” Seri hummed, Suho pulled the chair for the girl.

“Wow, you literally made me wash vegetables and clean the wineglasses.” Sehun swooped in again, he had some wine with him, Ahyoung blinked but she laughed when Seri elbowed the male. Soojin appeared and took her seat beside Ahyoung, Suho excused himself to get the food from the kitchen.

“Sehun-ah, can you look at this? This has been bothering since earlier.” Seri spoke as she gestured towards her ear, Sehun plopped down and leaned over, he started carefully untangle the strands of hair from her earrings.

“Its your hair, it got stuck with your earring. Does it still hurt?” He asked as he straightened up on his seat, Seri shook her head. Ahyoung smiled and looked at her plate.

“Suho oppa knows how to grill steak, so we’re in good hands. I hope you guys aren’t stressed by all this.” Seri chatted.

“Of course not, its actually great seeing you again, we haven’t spoken to each other in years.” Soojin said as she reached for the wine.

“L—Let me do it,” Sehun spoke, Seri’s brows went up and her head to turned to him.

“This is a cork type opening, not that I’m insinuating that you can’t open this yourself, but, I mean…” Sehun trailed off, his forehead creasing. Seri’s brows rose, Oh Sehun never stammered.

“No, no, sure, go ahead.” Soojin smiled at him, Sehun nodded meekly before effortlessly opening the bottle. Suho came back with the food and he carefully set down plate, he took his seat across Ahyoung and glanced at the two.

“You know, not once did he offer to do something for me. Now, I feel hurt.” Seri pointed out with a chuckle, Sehun’s eyes narrowed at her.

“Children, please.” Suho murmured as he began to slice his steak, Soojin and Ahyoung picked up their utensils.

“Right, Seri, I have this event coming up at the café. And, you can totally say no.”

“What’s this? Are you inviting or uninviting me?” Seri mused, Soojin shook her head.

“It’s a fundraiser for homeless kids, and I know you’re not a fan of crowds. But, my doors are always open for you. It’s this~”

“We’re going.” Seri chirped, the two males beside her paused. Sehun’s brows rose and he nodded at Soojin before concentrating on his meal again.

“I’d love to, but I’m leaving for China tomorrow. I’ll send a check if that’s okay.” Suho offered, Soojin thanked him.

“Well, Sehun and I will be there.” Seri said happily, she glanced at her friend again before grinning to herself.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++