023

New Faces

 

“You’re here for work?” Jinyoung spoke as their breakfast arrived, Jackson grinned at him. The two friends were at a café near the Han River.

“You should have called when you got here.”

“I wanted to surprise you, and I had work needed to be done,” Jackson nodded before taking a sip of his coffee, Jinyoung leaned back on his seat and drummed his fingers on the table.

Jackson looked at his friend, sensing his discomfort.

“Is everything alright?”

“What?” Jinyoung’s eyes went to him, Jackson grinned and set his fork down.

“It seems like something is bothering you, is it work? Or, are you bored again?” He wiggled his eyebrows at him, Jinyoung grimaced.

“It’s not that, don’t even start.” He warned him, Jackson laughed and nodded at him.

“Anyway, I think I might be staying for quite some time. Pa wants me to check out~”

“A long time? Why? You don’t like spicy food. You wont survive here!”

“W—Why does it feel like you’re driving me away?” Jackson balked at him, Jinyoung halted, his lips thinned.

“N—No, it’s not like that.” He mumbled, Jackson shook his head.

“Don’t worry, I’m already booked for this weekend, it’s to some party that only cool kids can attend.” Jackson made a face at him before eating, Jinyoung rolled his eyes and finished his coffee.

 

 

Seri stepped down from the driver’s seat and smiled as the valet greeted her with familiarity.

“I haven’t seen you in a while, samonim.”

“I’ve been busy, ahjussi.” She said before making her way towards the doors, she crossed the lobby and went straight for the elevators.

“Did you hear? She’s still freely walking around like she’s not married.”

Seri paused, she looked up and realized that the elevator was still going down.

“I did, she’s always hanging out with her husband’s cousins, how shameless. Isn’t she worried that talk might start?”

She turned her head slightly and saw the silhouettes of two females behind her, they looked vaguely familiar too.

“If she ever gets pregnant, do you think Park Chanyeol won’t ask for a paternity test?”  They both chuckled, Seri stilled, her grip on her Chanel purse tightened.

“Right, she has Sehun in a~”

The doors pinged open and Seri looked up, Suho was staring back at her.

“O—Oppa,” Seri murmured, the male smiled before speaking.

“Suho-ssi,” One of the ladies behind her spoke up, Suho glanced at them and nodded.

“You said you’d call me back,” She said shyly, Seri pursed her lips and crossed her arms.

“I tried reaching you but your secretary won’t put me through, oppa.” Her tongue rolled off at the last word, Seri almost gagged.

“Ah, well~”

“Well, this oppa’s been busy.” Seri suddenly spoke, she turned to face them. The two women balked as they stared at her.

“Seri-ah,” Suho grew confused at their reactions.

“Did auntie force you into a blind date again?” She frowned at him, Suho looked at her, his forehead creased.

“Uhm, Seri-ssi, we were ~”

“Is she the one you spoke about last week? You’re right, oppa. She looks like an orangutan’s .” She hummed, the girls’ eyes widened in shock and Suho could only look away.

“E—Excuse me, Shin Seri~”

“It’s actually Mrs. Park. But only family calls me by name, and you’ll never be part of it. Do you think I’d let you even touch Suho oppa?”

“Seri.” Suho mumbled, Seri snorted at them.

“Everyone wants to bag a Samsung prince. It’s not even cute anymore.” Seri laughed, Suho sighed and gently pulled the girl behind him.

“I’m sorry, but my sister doesn’t seem to be feeling well. Come back with an appointment next time.” Suho said before going inside the elevator, the two women could only stare at them. Seri stuck her tongue out at them as door closed.

“Seri!” Suho hissed and the girl rolled her eyes.

“I’m here for the contract, oppa. I didn’t want to bother you because you were busy.” She said as she leaned back.

“And, you seem annoyed with the whole world lately, that’s why I didn’t call.”

The doors pinged open again and the girl went out ahead, Suho sighed and followed her.

“It seems like Ahyoung got you all busy,” She mused, Suho stilled, his eyes widened.

“W—What do you mean?”

“I meant the project, didn’t you hear?” She glanced over her shoulder in a non-chalant manner as she walked in his office.

“W—What did I not hear?”

“Well, we have a Kakao Talk group chat.”

“Hmm,” Suho tried not too sound on edge, but he had a feeling that Seri had bad news for him.

“She’s been…forced to take on that project. But she still refuses to take her seat in her father’s company. This is her bargain, she works on this project with Samsung, instead of taking over. Pretty cool, huh?” She grinned as she plopped down on the leather couch.

Suho almost dropped his phone on his desk.

“Sh—She’s going to permanently work on the project?”

 

 

Chanyeol stretched his arms as he took a seat before his laptop. He had just finished a meeting for the board and it had consumed all his energy.

He put his phone on his desk and pulled his laptop closer to him. He quickly typed in his password and opened the browser.

“Seri didn’t log out.” He murmured as he realized his wife’s Facebook account was on the screen, he was about to click for the menu when something caught his eye.

Suho was being tagged to an album by a familiar name.

“Jackson Wang.” Chanyeol murmured, he leaned back on his seat.

“Ah, right. He’s friend wit hyung too?” He said, recalling how Seri had introduced him to the Hong Kong businessman. Chanyeol waited for the photos load, he was curious.

Does his cousin know this guy too?

“He went to China for a bit a few months ago.” Chanyeol said as he browsed through the album and then he halted. Park Jinyoung started to appear, in one photo he was even smiling to the camera. But his cousin looked very uncomfortable.

Chanyeol clicked on the arrow and he stopped.

There it was, photographed by this Jackson Wang, Park Jinyoung was seen pressing a certain young lady against the bar with his lips locked on hers.

“W—What~”

The next photo showed up on screen, and it was now Jinyoung with a different girl, he had his hands all over her body too. Chanyeol zoomed in on the male sitting across the bar, it was his cousin looking on with a unfathomable expression his face.

“T—That’s not Ahyoung. He’s kissing someone not Ahyoung. She’s not Ahyoung.” Chanyeol recited as he stared at the screen.

“And Kim Junmyeon knows that’s why he’s been acting weird.” It was as if he was explaining the scenario to himself.

“He’s cheating on her.”

The doors opened and Chanyeol almost fell off his chair, he looked up.

“Sir, it’s time for your meeting with the finance team’s manager.”

 

 

Soojin ran her fingers through her hair as she walked around the mall, she needed to get herself a pair of shoes. Something she could wear to the party Seri invited her to.

“High heels? Why?” She sighed as she entered another brand name store, she had no idea what would match the dress her mother prepared for her.

Seri was even nice enough to send the invitation to the Jung residence, although, Soojin thinks that it was probably her way of making sure she’d go.

She felt her phone buzz in her purse and she quickly took it out, her brows rose as she read the text. Mark was asking where she was, he says he was already done for the day. And he wanted to hang out.

Soojin sighed and put her phone back in her purse. Mark could be intense sometimes and she didn’t feel comfortable with that.

“What is the vice president here? I thought the malls were no longer under his jurisdiction.” She heard the sales representatives chat, a pair of teal colored patent stilettos caught her eye.

Soojin smiled and picked it up, it was the same shade of the gown her mother prepared for her.

“Maybe this could work.” She whispered to herself.

“He’s looking this way.”

“Maybe we caught his eye.” The two women giggled, Soojin looked up.

“Excuse me, do you have this in a size~” The Jung heiress pursed her lips when she realized that the two ladies weren’t even listening to her, they were staring at something behind her.

“E~”

“You’re out shopping,” A familiar voice spoke out, Soojin turned and she almost collided with the male.

“S—Sehun,”

He smiled and took the shoe from her.

“Do you have this in her size?” He spoke to the sales reps, the two nodded and scrambled back to the counter.

“They don’t even know my size.” Soojin blurted out as she really looked at him, he was dressed in a deep brown Fendi suit, with the brand’s logo all over it. He had a black shirt on and he ditched his usual necktie look, and opted to have a few buttons open.

“Then they have no choice to take all the sizes available.” He said with a small smile as he looked around them.

“I—I think this is the first time I’ve seen you dress..casually.” Soojin stated, Sehun blinked and turned to her.

“Well, this isn’t really my workplace, I had to run errands for Chanyeol hyung.” He replied as he gestured for Soojin to sit down, the two ladies from earlier had arrived with boxes of shoes.

“We also pulled out different designs in the same shade, vice president and young miss.” One announced, Soojin flinched at her words. Sehun grew amused and picked up one of the boxes.

“Did you come alone? No Ahyoung?” Sehun asked playfully, Soojin could hear the teasing in his tone.

“Did you come alone as well? No Seri?” She mused back, Sehun looked at her and he laughed.

“Good one.” He said, Soojin looked at the shoes around them, there were probably fifty or more. She shook her head and looked at him.

“Before you say anything or run away, it’s not that bad.” Sehun told her as he took out the exact pair she was holding onto earlier.

“Sure, it doesn’t look that bad at all.” She shot back, Sehun looked at her, he ed his coat before leaning down before her, Soojin halted.

“What~”

He set the shoes beside her feet.

“I’ll help you put it on.” He said softly as he waited for her to take her shoes off, she felt the two women from earlier staring at them.

“Sehun, it’s fine, I can~”

“Please. Let me do it.” Sehun met her gaze, Soojin chewed on her lower lip and slipped out of the pair of Prada flats she was wearing.

“Is this your first choice?” He spoke as he gently put the shoe one her right foot, Soojin felt his fingers brush against her ankle.

“Y-Yes,” She murmured as he picked up the pair, Sehun helped her put it on and he looked up.

“It suits you. Try to walking around them,” He said as he stood up, Soojin blinked before lifting herself off the chair. She noticed how his hand drifted to her elbow briefly, careful not to touch her, but also looking out for her. Soojin stared at the pile of boxes before them, she heard Sehun chuckle.

“You should take them for a spin.” He said.

“A spin?”

Sehun smiled before stepping away from the girl, Soojin padded after him, she saw him take out his wallet.

“Sehun-ah, don’t~”

He handed his card to the lady behind the counter, Soojin narrowed her eyes at him.

“Paying for my shoes, it’s a bit~”

“You can pay me back by attending the party. I’d like to see you there.” Sehun leaned forward while smiling, Soojin felt herself tensed as the male gently tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Did Seri put you up to this?” She blurted out, Sehun paused and shook his head.

“She doesn’t have to. I really would like to have you as my guest.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++