021

New Faces

 

Seri looked at her phone, she grimaced.

“What is it?” Chanyeol asked, he peered over the menu and he looked at his wife’s phone.

“It’s Sehun calling.”

“Yeah, it’s like every Samsung son wants to speak to me today.” She muttered under her breath, Chanyeol grinned and spoke to the waiter.

“What do you feel like having?” He asked her in a soft tone.

“Just order something I would eat. Please.” She replied as she got her phone and answered the call.

“What is it, you brat?” She answered.

“I just…I ran into Soojin at the mart.” Sehun said, Seri’s brows went up.

“Okay.” She replied, not knowing where the conversation was going.

“I offered to drop her off at her shop, we has lunch there too.” Sehun finished from the other line, Seri blinked, still confused.

“So, why…are you telling me this?”

“You told me to be her friend, Shin Seri. That’s what~”

“Oh, right. Sorry. That’s…really nice of you, Oh Sehun.” She smiled, Chanyeol looked at her questioningly, the girl rolled her eyes.

“She’s really different from..others.”

“This isn’t just a crush, huh? Or, this isn’t going to be just a crush.” Seri spoke, she looked at her nailbeds and smiled, Sehun grew quiet from the other line.

“I know you’re hesitating, but, Sehun-ah, give it a shot.”

“What if..things don’t work out? What if she doesn’t like me?” He said softly, Seri smiled and leaned back on her seat. Overthinking wasn’t a Sehun thing.

“Seri, there’s a reason why that I only get along with you.”

“So, you do admit that you’re a brat. Hah!”

Chanyeol looked up from his phone and sent her a look, she grinned at him.

“I cannot answer your what ifs, Sehun. I can only ask you to try. And, don’t worry, I always got your back. Just don’t ever wear Air Jordans infront of me.”

“She’s your friend too.” Sehun murmured, his tone still unsure.

“You’re family to me. Now, end this call because I have to eat. I’ll see you later.” Seri said and she put her phone down, she felt Chanyeol’s eyes on her.

“I was being neutral.” She said, her tone very defensive, the latter chuckled and let his wife be.

“Being neutral by pushing Sehun to try.”

“Then, should I have discouraged him? He told you to ask me out instead of always following me around,” She pointed out, Chanyeol chuckled and scrunched his nose at her.

 

 

“You didn’t have to wait for me out here.” Ahyoung said as Suho opened the car’s door for her.

“I didn’t want to go inside the alone, the other managers have already arrived.”

Ahyoung got down from the vehicle and looked at him, he looked all handsome and neat in his three piece suit. So handsome that it actually irked her.

“Shall we go inside? The pavement’s a bit slippery.” Suho stated, Ahyoung nodded back and walked with him towards the revolving doors.

“They chose a Japanese restaurant. I hope that’s fine with you,” Ahyoung stated as they got on the escalator.

“Anything’s good.” Suho replied as he stood behind her.

“About earlier, I’m sorry you had to see that. I don’t know what’s going on with him lately,” Ahyoung begun, Suho’s brows rose and he kept his hands in his pockets as they left the escalator.

“Jinyoung…Is he alright?” Suho spoke, the girl walked with him and nodded.

“I don’t even know, he’s…spouting nonsensical stuff lately.“ She said, Suho saw the restaurant’s entrance and he paused.

“Is something bothering you?” He spoke, Ahyoung faced him, he noticed hos the girl’s forehead was creased.

“It’s..not that big of a deal, I mean, it doesn’t really get to me. But…” She trailed off, the look on Suho’s face softened, he gave the girl a small smile.

“You don’t have to tell me, I’m sorry if I’m prying~”

“No, it’s not like that, oppa.”

Suho looked at her, Ahyoung sighed.

“Promise me you won’t tell Seri?”

“Seri?” Suho blinked, now he was confused.

“I have a feeling that Seri’s the type to go after people when she’s angered.” She mumbled, Suho chuckled and nodded.

“My lips are sealed.” He said in an assuring tone, Ahyoung puffed her cheeks before speaking.

“Jinyoung’s been telling me to..stop hanging out with Seri.”

“What?”

“He says that…being friends with her and the people around her is dangerous, oppa. And I don’t know what to do about it because, he’s my boyfriend, but it’s not right. Seri’s a good friend, I know that. And, technically, I’ve known Seri longer, we go way back.”

Suho didn’t know what to say, he peeled his gaze off her and looked at the restaurant’s entrance instead. His eyes widened when he saw Chanyeol and Seri walking out of the doors, the girl was clutching onto his cousin’s arm as they chatted.

“Plus, now he’s seen me with you, and~”

“Ahyoung-ah!”

 

 

Soojin turned and her eyes widened, the male handed the flowers to her with a warm smile.

“W—When did you get back?” She blurted out, the latter shrugged.

“Yesterday, pa had some errands for me.” He said good-naturedly as he pushed the doors for her, Soojin walked in the shop again.

“Still, you should have called. I would have~”

“It’s fine, I wanted to see you right away. How are things?” He asked as he leaned over the counter, Soojin put her apron around her waist before facing him.

“Better, I did the fundraising for children like you suggested. It was a hit amongst our customers.” She said as she poured him a cup of black coffee, he grinned and took a small sip.

“I told you it would work, most things do.” He said as he cupped her cheek, Soojin stilled, the girl cleared and slowly pulled back.

“So, for how long will you be staying now?” Soojin asked as she fixed her hair.

“I got myself assigned her actually.”

The girl paused, she turned to face him again.

“What?”

“I’m staying here for quite some time.” He said excitedly, Soojin blinked but she nodded back.

“That’s good then, you kept on flying back and forth. That was tiring for you.”

The male shrugged and fixed the lapels of his jacket, his eyes went to Soojin as she busied herself with the coffee machine.

“Hmm, Soojin-ah,” He cleared his throat, the girl paused and turned to him.

“Do you have some time tonight?”

Soojin’s forehead creased, she chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“It’s just dinner, Soojin-ah. For old time’s sake.” He winked at her. Soojin exhaled and looked at him, the girl started to smile.

“Who would ever say no to you, Mark Tuan?”

 

 

Chanyeol followed his wife’s gaze and saw Ahyoung with Suho, Seri let go of him and walked towards the two.

“You two are together. Lunch?” Seri was smiling as she greeted the girl with a hug, Suho took a small step back and his lips thinned.

“We just finished the meeting. Remember when I told you that I had to proxy for my father?” Ahyoung said jokingly, Seri smiled.

“Well, the day has come and you’re done with it.” Seri said happily, Ahyoung could nod back. She was worried that the girl heard their conversation earlier.

“Have you two eaten already? Join us,” Ahyoung murmured, Chanyeol shook his head.

“We were just about to leave.” He replied, his eyes went to his cousin.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Chanyeol asked, Suho turned to him and nodded.

“Yes, I’m fine.” Suho’s reply was short, Chanyeol tilted his head, something didn’t feel right. His cousin look bothered, from the way his forehead was creased and now he was crossing his arms.

“Hyung, you really took the ShinHan project. Lucky for you, you’re already acquainted with the daughter.” Chanyeol spoke, trying to get a reaction out of his cousin.

“I didn’t know she was already working for her father. Well, directly for her father.” Suho murmured, Chanyeol’s brows rose.

“Right, you’re coming right?” Seri suddenly blurted out, the two males glanced over at them.

“What are you talking about?” Suho spoke, which made Chanyeol pose.

“That party next weekend. One of your family’s many year-end parties.” She said playfully, Chanyeol saw how his cousin frowned, but he immediately replaced it with a smile.

“Must you really impose that upon your friends, Mrs. Park?” He asked, his tone light. Chanyeol shook his head to himself.

Something was definitely up.

“W—Well, only if A—Ahyoung can~” Seri blinked at her friend, Ahyoung smiled and nudged her arm.

“I’ll be there if you want me to be. I wont even bring a date so that you can get sick of dealing with me.”

Suho halted, his eyes went to the other girl.

“Why? Is Jinyoung busy again?” Seri made a face at the girl, Ahyoung blinked at her.

“N-No, it’s just~”

“We have people waiting for us inside, Seri-ah. I’m sure you two can catch up at a differenttime.” Suho gently patted his cousin-in-law’s arm. Chanyeol’s lip quirked up, now he was curious.

What could be bothering his older cousin? Suho was always the calm and reasonable one in the family.

“Always such a grump when it comes to work.” Seri stuck her tongue out at him, Ahyoung laughed.

“The car’s already waiting downstairs, I’ll see you around, Ahyoung-ssi.” Chanyeol said before gently pulling his wife by the waist. Ahyoung gave him a small wave before blowing Seri a kiss.

“I’ll see you!” Seri said with a grin before letting Chanyeol pull her away, Suho blew a raspberry and faced Ahyoung again.

“That was close.” She blurted out, Suho couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Do you actually think Seri would go after Jinyoung because of what he said?” Suho asked as they walked towards the restaurant.

“Well, you know her better. Would she?” Ahyoung mused before walking ahead of him, Suho bit his lower lip and glanced behind his shoulder again.

“Oppa? Aren’t you going in?” Ahyoung called, Suho turned and nodded back at her. He padded towards the girl and smiled to himself.

“I think it’s better if we don’t tell Seri, I don’t want to want threaten Jinyoung’s safety,” Suho said jokingly as he pulled the chair for her. Ahyoung looked at him and she broke into a smile.

“I’ll take that advice.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++