028

New Faces

 

Seri remained quiet as she walked back in the house, she was staring at her phone’s cracked screen, a little annoyed.

“We’ll have that replaced tomorrow.” Chanyeol nudged her, Sehun and Soojin were already making their way back to the patio. Chanyeol heard the front doors close and he turned, Ahyoung was standing at the foyer, she had her eyes on Suho as he walked towards Seri.

“Seri-ah, are you okay?” He asked, Chanyeol glanced at Ahyoung again, his brows rising.

“Did the car hit you?”

Ahyoung’s head snapped up as soon as she heard him, she rushed to Seri.

“No, no, he didn’t. I was just surprised, I dropped my phone, I’m okay, oppa.” Seri said quickly, not wanting to aggravate the male more. Suho exhaled and patted her shoulder.

“Come, let’s get you something to drink.” Chanyeol said softly as he pulled his wife with him, Seri nodded and wrapped one arm around his waist as they walked.

Suho glanced behind him and saw Ahyoung, she had a big frown on her face as he met his gaze.

“Ahyoung-ah, I….I apologize, I shouldn’t have toyed with your phone, it wasn’t right of me to meddle with your affairs and~”

“Wait, oppa. Stop.” Ahyoung sighed, the male looked at her, really looked at her and he noticed how stressed out she was.

“It’s not your fault, I mean, I didn’t even know how he managed to locate me here. And I’m sure, you two aren’t that close for him to know where you live. And now you’re apologizing to me?”

“He wouldn’t have any reason to rush here if only…I let you answer his call.” Suho said softly, unsure.

“I…We haven’t been talking for days, oppa. So, don’t blame yourself. He was trespassing your property. If there’s anyone that should be blamed, it’s him.” Ahyoung murmured, she crossed her arms and looked away. Suho could sense her discomfort, he chewed on his lower lip before speaking.

“He really doesn’t like it, huh? You being with us.”

“That’s his problem, I don’t even know half of his friend group, why should I let him bother me with that?” She muttered, Suho couldn’t help but smile.

“You know what? Let me drive you home, those guys probably are still in the mood to chat.”

“No, it’s fine, I can just call a cab~”

“It’s already late, let me take you home.” Suho said as he reached for her hand and gave it a small squeeze, Ahyoung paused, feeling the warmth of his touch against her skin.

“O—okay, I’ll just get my coat.” She murmured before turning away from him, the girl felt her cheeks heat up as she rushed to the living room.

 

 

Soojin’s lips were pursed as Seri and Chanyeol joined them in the patio, Sehun glanced at the girl, his brows rose.

“What’s his problem?” Seri spoke, Soojin’s eyes went to him.

“Is Ahyoung not allowed to meet other people? How terrifying.” She made a face as she plopped down, Chanyeol nudged her.

“Seri-ah,” He said softly, not wanting her to say more in front of Soojin.

“No, go on. What do you think of what just happened?” Sehun mused, Chanyeol sighed at the male.

“I just don’t get why he’s all worked up because Ahyoung is here with us. It’s not like she’s alone in Suho oppa’s house. We’re here, Soojin’s here even the maids can see what we’re doing.” Seri pointed out, Soojin could see how annoyed her friend was.

“Finally you have an ally,” Soojin felt Sehun’s knee brush against her as he poured himself some champagne and he took a small sip, Seri’s eyes went to the girl. Soojin flinched and looked away.

“An ally?” Seri echoed, Sehun grinned at Soojin. Chanyeol turned his head as he heard a car roll in at the curb, Sehun followed his gaze. Suho slid down from the Rolls Royce and opened the door for Ahyoung.

“Hyung is driving her home, you’re now free to talk about Park Jinyoung.” Sehun announced.

“Oh Sehun, really?” Soojin muttered under her breath, Seri smiled to herself as she looked at the two.

“Come on, I just gave you the strongest ally here. You have no idea how much Seri can hate a person and torment~”

“Wait, so you don’t get along with Jinyoung? I mean, I noticed that you don’t talk to him a lot, but I figured you just…Oh. Oh.” Seri started to beam at the girl, Chanyeol shook his head and started to nibble on some fruit.

“I just feel like Ahyoung deserves someone better, someone less controlling and someone…who wont push her to be part of her father’s company.”

“I did…hear rumors about him wanting Ahyoung to join the ladder, but…is it..true?” Seri murmured, Soojin nodded and pushed her glass away.

“I never had the guts to tell Ahyoung how I feel about Jinyoung, but yes, that’s true. I’ve heard him try persuading her to take position at ShinHan. And he knows how much that kind of talk makes her uncomfortable, but he’s…”

“He wants to have a high ranking girlfriend for him to show off.” Sehun said, not mincing his words.

“Makes sense.” Seri agreed, Soojin turned to the male, the latter grinned at him.

“Seri, I don’t want Ahyoung to know because it may affect her and~”

“No worries, I’m not the type to blabber. And besides, we should get going. That was enough fun for the night, right?” Seri added, Chanyeol nodded so quickly and dashed to the study.

“I’ll drive her home, see you tomorrow?” Sehun asked her, Soojin glanced at the two.

“You speak as if I already agreed I’d ride with you.” She said softly, Sehun turned to her, his eyes wide.

“Would you rather join Seri or Chanyeol~”

“No, no, we drove separately. Sorry friend, I refuse to drive you home tonight.” Seri announced, Soojin blinked at her friend.

“Thanks for pushing me away, Seri. I love it.”

Seri blew her a kiss and hopped away from them, Sehun picked up his jacket and faced the girl.

“I still can’t believe he had the guts to do that.” Soojin murmured as the male helped her with her coat.

“Soojin-ah, does he not like us?” Sehun spoke, Soojin looked at him, her head tilted.

“I mean, from the way he was speaking,” Sehun begun as he gently steered the girl to the foyer, she hooked arms with him with comfort.

“It seems like he doesn’t like the fact that Ahyoung’s hanging out with us.” Sehun said, careful with his words.

“That or he feels threatened by your family.” Soojin replied as they reached the garage, Sehun shook his head at her words and took our his key fob, the Bugatti’s lighted blinked to life.

“So,” Soojin eyed the car and the other vehicle at the curb. Soojin appeared, she was chatting with Chanyeol as she unlocked the said car.

“This is your version of friendship bracelets? Matching Bugattis?” Soojin started to laugh, Seri looked up and gave them a wave.

“Do you want a friendship bracelet too?” Sehun mused at her, Soojin eyed him warily and shook her head. Sehun opened the car’s door for her and gestured for her to get inside.

“If my mother sees you dropping me off, she wont let go of you.” She said jokingly as she slid on the passenger seat.

“It’s fine, I can handle that.” Sehun smiled before closing the door, Soojin leaned back on her seat and let out a shaky breath.

“You make me nervous. How do I make this stop?” She murmured as she put on her seatbelt, her eyes went to Sehun again, Seri was already driving out of the property, while her husband remained. Chanyeol was walking over to his cousin, Soojin’s eyes went to Sehun again. She watched as he spoke with the older male, from the way his shoulders shook slightly as he laughed and his eyes formed tiny half-moons when he smiled. He was tall and lean, and he always gave off a mysterious vibe because he rarely spoke. But, she knew he was a warm person, he was so different from the other guys she’s met.

And, he was dangerous because he was not just physically attractive, everything about him screamed perfect, as corny as it sounded.

He was kinda perfect and that terrified the Hyundai Motors heiress.

 

 

Chanyeol looked up as Seri stepped out of the bathroom, she was already dressed for bed in her usual silk pajamas. He reached for his laptop and put it on the bed beside him, the girl’s eyes went to him.

“I feel bad.” She said as she put her phone away and plopped down beside him,

“Why?”

“Maybe if I set the venue here at our place, it wouldn’t look that bad. I mean, if you look at it, Suho oppa’s a single man and I invited my lady friends over for a party, and it was getting late….you know. I never really thought of those things, I think I never had to think about it because I grew up with you guys, but for other people,” She trailed off, Chanyeol’s forehead creased, he didn’t like how she was stressing over Jinyoung’s intrusion earlier. The man wasn’t worth anyone’s time, especially his wife.

“Baby, can I talk to you?” He asked as he leaned back on the pillows, Seri nodded and inched closer to him.

“I don’t like….I mean, I would be glad if you would stop associating yourself with Jinyoung.”

She paused and turned to him.

“And I have a reason why,” He said softly as he pulled his laptop, Seri leaned against his shoulder and looked at the screen with him as it booted up.

“You don’t like how he challenged Suho oppa?”

“Suho hyung can take him on anytime, we both know that.” He let out a small chuckle, and the screen lit up, Seri’s eyes widened as the photos appeared before her.

Jinyoung in a lip lock with another woman.

Jinyoung having his hands all over another woman.

And in some photos, Suho was in frame, looking uncomfortable as hell.

“That motherfu~”

“You forgot to log out the other day, and when I tried to open my account…this popped up.” He interjected, Seri browsed through the photos.

“Suho oppa….He—He witnessed this.” She breathed, Chanyeol nodded.

“That son of a~”

“This..This must be the reason why hyung was acting strange when he got back from China, he saw Jinyoung…doing that.”

“So, stay away from him, alright?” Chanyeol touched her cheek, her forehead creased.

“He’s cheating on Ahyoung.” She said, her tone soft.

“She should know. Right?” Seri continued, she sounded unsure. Chanyeol’s forehead creased before leaning forward to kiss her cheek.

“I think your friend should know.”

“I will destroy him~”

“Seri, no.” Chanyeol murmured with a small smile and pulled the girl to his chest.

“And to think I felt bad for him, that fuc~”

“Yes, yes. He’s a terrible person.” Chanyeol nodded and wrapped his arms around her, Seri puffed her cheeks, annoyed.

 

 

Suho glanced at the male beside her, he had his eyes focused on the road as he drove, with his left hand on the wheel while the other loosely held onto the shift stick.

“Are you cold?” He asked, breaking the silence between them.

“No, I’m fine.” Ahyoung replied softly, Suho’s eyes went to her briefly.

“I want to offer that I can talk to Jinyoung to explain what you were doing at my place, but I think that’s not a good idea.” He said, Ahyoung looked at his side profile before replying.

“Bad idea, oppa. Besides, you don’t have to go that far. It was his fault for acting like that.”

“I don’t want to get you in trouble, Ahyoung-ah.” Suho replied, the girl almost smiled.

Trouble? You look like trouble, Samsung prince.

“I don’t understand him, I can’t hang out with Seri, he doesn’t like that I’m friends with you and your family. He doesn’t like how I rejected my father’s offer. What am I supposed to do?”

Suho’s brows went up, not knowing what to say. He didn’t want to cross boundaries, and he would never want to impose on the girl.

“He’s your boyfriend. He…He’s special to you.”

Ahyoung’s forehead creased and she leaned her head back, her lips quirked up as she noticed the lights on the car’s ceiling. It looked like a starry sky.

“I didn’t know your car was this nice, you have all the constellations here.” She said lightly, Suho chuckled and nodded along.

“All I can do is talk to him, even though if it feels…suffocating to repeating the same thing all over again.”

“Repeat what?” Suho replied, he glanced at the GPS monitor, they were already a few blocks away from the Lee residence.

“He’s quite adamant about the whole taking my seat at ShinHan thing.” She shrugged.

“But you…don’t want that. Yet. Right?” Suho tilted his head slightly as they reached the house, Ahyoung nodded, and then she pushed the window button down and waved her hand at the gates.

Suho stepped on the gas as the gates swung open and he eased in into the property.

“It’s not that I never want to, but right now, I know that if I take it, I won’t be happy. I jave a lot of things I have yet to discover, and working with my father with all eyes on me…”

“It can be overwhelming.” Suho finished for her, Ahyoung looked at him and she smiled.

“Correct.”

Suho slid down from the car and opened the door for her, his eyes went to the house.

“Do you want to come in for some tea, oppa?”

“No, no, it’s already past one, Ahyoung-ah. You should rest.” Suho said as he unthinkingly tugged the on the lapels of her padded jacket, he froze for a brief moment but the girl didn’t seem to mind.

“I was hoping you could play Dr. Phil again,” She said jokingly, Suho’s eyes went to her.

“I mean, if you want to talk I can~”

“I’m just joking, oppa. Thanks for driving me~” The girl halted when a two Mercedes Benz sedans parked behind them, Suho followed her gaze.

“You have guests?” Suho asked.

“At this house?” Ahyoung replied, the male watched as a middle-aged couple slid down from the car.

“Ahyoung-ah?”

“Eomma?” The girl said, Suho took a few steps back from the girl, keeping a respectable distance from her.

“W—Where…Where did you two go? Or come from?” Ahyoung muttered as her parents reached them, two members of the help started to bring their suitcases into the house.

“Our flight schedule got messed up on our way home, and~” Mrs. Lee stopped talking as soon as she saw the male behind his daughter.

“Who is this young man?” She hummed, Mr. Lee looked at the male.

“Ah, right, this is Suho oppa, he’s Seri’s cousin-in-law. He offered to drive me home.” Ahyoung said, Suho smiled before politely greeting the elders.

“It’s actually Kim Junmyeon, nice to meet you.” He said as he shook Mr. Lee’s hand, the wife’s smile grew wider as she looked at the male.

“When you say Seri’s family, then Kim Junho’s son?” Mrs. Lee patted the male’s hand, Suho nodded back.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Oh, call me auntie. Thanks for driving our daughter home.” She said happily, Ahyoung grimaced at her mother’s tone.

“Right, you’re the one working with Ahyoung on the project, right?” Mr. Lee spoke.

“Yes, fortunately I was already introduced to her before that. It was easy for us to communicate.”

“Working together?” Mrs. Lee said, now she was excited. Ahyoung was horrified as her mother started to pull Suho to the house.

“Eomma, let him go.” She said worriedly as she padded after him.

“You should at least have a cup of tea before leaving. You drove all the way here to bring her home, it’s the least we could do.” Mrs. Lee said, Suho was smiling as he glanced at Ahyoung.

“Oppa will have to decline, he’s a busy person and look at the time.” Ahyoung argued, Mr. Lee grew amused before excusing himself and going inside the house.

“Then, how about you join us for a meal sometime, mister Kim?” Mrs. Lee said.

“Yes, I’d like that, Mrs. Lee. And, please, just call me by Suho. It’s fine.”

“Right, I see my daughter speaks comfortably to you too. Then, I’ll have her call you for lunch.”

“Yes, I’ll be waiting. It was nice meeting you.” Suho said with a small bow, he turned to Ahyoung. Mrs. Lee walked into the residence with a giddy smile on her face.

“Driving me home was a bad idea.” She joked, Suho shook his head at the girl.

“Your mother is really nice.”

Ahyoung shrugged at him.

“Hey, if things get too much for you, or…if you feel like there’s just a lot of pressure around you, you…you can always give me a call. I’ll drop by and be Dr. Phil for you.” Suho said as he gently cupped her chin.

“Okay, thanks, oppa.”

Suho winked at her before heading for his car, Ahyoung watched as the Rolls Royce Phantom sped away from their gates.

And Mrs. Lee was watching from the master bedroom’s window a huge smile on her face.

Someone bigger than Park Jinyoung. No, someone better than Park Jinyoung.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++