014

New Faces

“So, how was the experience? I know you didn’t enjoy it.” Jinyoung said jokingly as they stepped out of the hall, Ahyoung snorted and shook her head.

“Your mother wants me to join you for dinner tomorrow. Is that okay?” He asked as they walked towards the lobby, Ahyoung nodded back.

“Of course, they’ve been wanting to catch up with you.”

“I feel like she doesn’t particularly like me.”

Ahyoung paused, her eyes going to him.

“It’s not that, it’s because she rarely sees you and I’ve been telling her how busy you are, so, don’t let it get to you.”

“I hope so, I hope she doesn’t hate me that much.” Jinyoung’s tone was light, Ahyoung stopped when she saw Soojin step out from the hall, she was followed by her parents who were chatting with Sehun.

Her brows rose and she raised her hand to wave at the girl, the latter broke into a smile and walked towards them.

“Oh Sehun knows your parents? No, he’s friends with your parents?” Ahyoung said with a teasing smile.

“Apparently, so. It’s quite..weird.” She murmured back, she met gazes with Jinyoung and she gave him a small nod.

“Seri left ahead, so~”

“Hyung, are you leaving?” Sehun spoke, the two girls turned just as Suho crossed the lobby. He turned and nodded back at his cousin. Jinyoung tensed up and he diverted his gaze away from the two males.

“Seri already went home, I’ll see you at work.” Suho said quickly, they watched as he made his way towards the waiting Rolls Royce vehicle outside, Ahyoung’s brows rose as the Samsung executive slid inside the car and sped away. She didn’t miss the permanent frown on his face as he left.

Maybe because Seri left ahead of him?

“A very fitting car for the Disney prince.” Soojin joked, Ahyoung sent her a dry look.

“Anyway, I have to go ahead. Call me later.” She patted Ahyoung’s hand, the girl nodded back and watched as her friend joined the Jung elders.

“It was good to see you, Ahyoung-ssi.” Sehun approached them, Jinyoung blinked at the male then at his girlfriend.

“Yes, you too, Sehun-ssi.”

Sehun nodded back and he made his way towards the exit doors, Jinyoung nudged Ahyoung.

“You know the two of them?”

“Suho’s cousin? Yes, I was introduced to him as well.”

“Well, be wary of those guys. They’re different from other people. Even Seri, she’s their family too.” Jinyoung said softly before pulling her with him.

 

 

“I didn’t know you’d be attending the JQ product launching, how was it?”

Seri puffed her cheeks and loosened the pins on her hair, the male glanced at her.

“I only went because I had a job needed to be done.” She hummed back, he looked at her questioningly.

“There’s this thing. I’ll update you later. How was Japan? You left me for Japan for two months. Did you finally complete your Pokedex?” She asked dryly, the male laughed and gently reached for her hand with his free one.

“Work was tiresome, but I don’t need to fly back anytime soon. The deal with Bandai Group’s done. And, no, I didn’t have time to play Pokemon there. And, I missed you.” He replied, Seri rolled her eyes at him, she proceeded to slip off her heels and stretched her toes comfortably.

“Lies.” She shot back with a smile and she gave his hand a small squeeze.

“What’s this rumor spreading around? You were spotted shopping with a friend that wasn’t Sehun?”

“Really? People talked about that?” Seri beamed, her husband turned to her, amused.

“I’m more surprised that you went shopping with someone that wasn’t Sehun. Is everything alright?”

“Yes, can we stop by for food on the way home? The food there .”

“Seri, that was your family’s hotel.” He reminded her, Seri smiled before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“I know. I’m hungry. Oh, and I did miss you. Can we get food now?”

He laughed, he gave her lap a small squeeze before nodding back.

 

 

 

Sehun glanced at his cousin as the meeting went on, Suho was on his usual seat, fiddling with his pen as the speaker spoke.

“What’s wrong with him?”

Sehun looked at his other cousin, the latter shrugged. He did noticed that Suho was a bit unlike himself today, it was like something was occupying his thoughts. Something was bothering him probably.

“Maybe he’s under the weather? Doesn’t he have that ShinHan Banking meeting today?” Sehun asked, the male nodded back and put his phone back on the table.

“Yes, he does. Seri messaged me.”

“Lunch, huh?”

“Where is this coffee shop she’s been talking about?”

Sehun’s eyes widened and he looked away.

“She said she wants me to meet her friends. Friends from school. She’s very pleased about it.” The male spoke as he looked at the screen again, year-end reports and projections were being presented to them.

“Well, she might replace us for those friends. Should we be worried?” Sehun asked, wanting to change the subject.

“You can be replaced. I’m the husband.”

“I am the best friend. You can be replaced.” Sehun shot back, Suho shushed them from across the long table.

 

 

Seri puffed her cheeks as she opened the documents on her desk, she glanced at her laptop to check the time.

“Can you move the Cyon meeting tomorrow? You mentioned that director Kwok might not be able to come today,” She turned to her secretary, the male nodded back.

“Then, tomorrow afternoon, ma’am?”

“Sure, do that. And,” Seri shut her laptop close and her phone buzzed. She quickly picked it up.

Good news. I actually have the afternoon off.

I asked Jinyoung to joinm us. -Ahyoung

She smiled before sending her friend a bunch of thumbs up emoji, she looked at her secretary again.

“Has Suho oppa called back? I asked him if he could check on the SK contract with Samsung?”

“Not yet, ma’am. But I’ll inform you once I get a reply from his office.”

“Good.” Seri smiled, she stood up and took her purse. She checked her phone again and noticed that she got a friend request on Facebook, she opened the app and a familiar smiling face appeared on her screen.

"Jackson?" She murmured, she smiled and quickly accepted his request.

“I’ll be stepping out for lunch.” She mentioned to the male before leaving the office, the young lady made her way towards the elevator, she got inside and her phone started to ring.

“Did you get the address I texted you?” She answered.

“I did, I might run a little late. I need to finish signing a few documents for Sehun.”

“Okay. Did you see Suho oppa today?”

The doors closed before her and she leaned back.

“I did, at the meeting. Why?”

“I’ve been trying to reach him whole morning, anyway, I’ll just drop by at his office later.”

“Be careful on the road.” He said before ending the call, Seri smiled to herself and put her phone in her purse.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++