006

New Faces

 

“Seri-yah,” Soojin spoke as they were out of the shop, the girl grinned at her.

“Wow, this is kinda weird. We keep in bumping into each other.” She said happily, Soojin nodded back and glanced at the shop again. She could see Sehun standing by the counter, it looked like he was paying for something.

“Don’t mind him, some people are just mean. Are you looking for something to wear? Formal?” Seri chirped, Soojin was about to reply when Sehun joined them, she noticed how the male placed the girl’s wallet back in her purse.

“Yeah, it’s one of those society parties my mother asked me to attend.” Soojin murmured darkly, Seri chuckled and hooked her arm around hers.

“I think I can help you. With your figure, there wont be a problem. Come on,”

Sehun glanced around them before following the two ladies, he took the shopping bags from Seri as they got on the escalator.

“You two must be on lunchbreak.” Soojin spoke, Sehun smiled to himself and turned away.

“Well, you can say that.” Seri nodded, Soojin blinked, realizing what she had just said.

“Oh my god, you two don’t have lunchbreaks, you can just go out as you please. Sorry.” She blurted out quickly, she was busy looking at Seri and did not realize they had reached the end of the escalator. She felt a firm grip on her forearm and she was pulled slightly.

“Watch your step,” Sehun spoke softly, Soojin glanced at him as she hopped off the machine, she smiled.

“Thank you, Sehun-ssi.” Her eyes focused on him, Sehun blinked back, he cleared his throat and stepped ahead from them.

“I’ll wait at the fitting room,” He spoke.

“Don’t you have a meeting? You can go ahead, I’ll just ask driver Moon to pick us up.” Seri replied, Sehun shook his head.

“It’s okay, get what you need. Take your time.” He said before turning his back to them, Soojin watched as the male got inside the elevator and she turned to Seri.

“I already have a couple of dresses in mind, let’s look for shoes."

 

 

Ahyoung got back to her seat and put her purse back under her table, she set her phone aside and proceeded to fix her hair.

Soojin had called her earlier, asking for her help to pick out a dress. But she couldn’t leave the office, the it was pretty hectic and her superior surely would have something to say about it.

Her phone buzzed, it was a message from Soojin.

Bumped into Seri and her ice prince. So, I’m out shopping with Seri for a dress. Intense. -Soojin

Ahyoung chuckled before typing in a reply.

Which ice prince? The Disney prince looking one?

She booted up her computer and tidied up her desk, she peeked from her cubicle and noticed her other workmates coming in.

Disney? She was out shopping with Sehun. So, I guess it’s her and him?  -Soojin

Ahyoung chuckled and sent her a quick good luck text before dialing Jinyoung’s number, she leaned back on her seat as her call was being connected. He had been gone for almost a week now, and Ahyoung felt bad that she rarely called him.

Or when she did, he was preoccupied or in a meeting. Her call went to voicemail, the girl sighed and put her phone down, she glanced at her desk calendar. Soojin’s fundraising event was in two days.

“At least I have something to look forward to.”

 

 

Suho puffed his cheeks as his food, he had meetings pushed to tomorrow because he knew he needed a small breather after all the appointments he had earlier.

Seri had texted him a few hours ago, asking if he’d be home by the weekend. He smiled, it was nice seeing Seri hang out with some lady friends, the girl had grown up with them, and now, she was literally tied to them.

Seri had always been a little too sheltered growing up, rarely got along with girls too. And he always did feel a little bad about that, she was right.

She hung out with Sehun and him too much. But, they needed her around, she kept things in order and balanced.

His thoughts went to her friends, Soojin and Ahyoung. His brows rose as he got his phone. Who would have thought that the pretty birthday girl from the other night was actually a friend of Seri’s?

He smiled and and picked up his utensils, he was about to continue eating when his phone buzzed. He grabbed the device and unlocked it, there were two messages, one from Seri and another from his office back in Seoul.

Oppa, please be home by the weekend. I am required to attend a party, going with Sehun is a pain. -Seri

He typed in a quick yes, knowing he probably needed to move his flight earlier and, cancel some meetings as well.

Sir, the partnership with ShinHan Banking has been greenlighted. We will be meeting with them next week.

“Right, ShinHan.” Suho shrugged before starting to eat, and there was one tiny detail he forgot too.

Pretty birthday girl is the daughter of ShinHan Banking.

 

 

Sehun loosened his tie as he leaned back further into the plush couch, he needed to check his emails. He exhaled and looked at the room around him, rows and rows of dresses were being hauled in, his forehead creased and he stood up.

He walked towards one of the gowns and he gingerly pulled it out of the display cart, it was in a shade of blood red, but at the same time it was muted and elegant.

“Oh, that looks perfect.”

Sehun almost dropped the gown, he turned and saw Seri and Soojin stroll into the room, the other girl looked around with curiosity while his friend set the boxes of shoes she was holding.

“That was quick.” Sehun blurted out, Seri nodded at him and took the dress, she padded towards Soojin.

“Can you try this on?” She asked excitedly, Sehun picked up his coat from the rack.

Soojin looked at the gown, while red wasn’t her favorite color, but it looked so pretty, the neckline was on the daring side, but the crystals around the bodice really caught her eye.

“Seri, this is a tube. I already feel anxious just by looking at it.” Soojin mused and she shoved the dress towards her, two sales associates stepped in the room.

“This will look perfect on you. Trust me.” Seri was clapping her hands in glee.

“I’ll step out.” Sehun spoke, Seri blinked and looked at him.

“Why? She’s~”

“You’re comfortable with me in the fitting room, but Soojin-ssi might not like that.” Sehun spoke softly, Soojin was being helped to the small platform, the two ladies pulled the curtains close.

“Fine, gold or silver?” Seri asked, Sehun chuckled and righted the lapels of her Chanel jacket.

“Gold. Now, go lend her a hand. I’ll get you two something to drink. And, don’t force her to wear things she isn’t comfortable with.” He stated before putting his coat back on and quietly stepped out of the room, Seri grinned to herself as she turned for the curtains again.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++