036

New Faces

 

“You always do this,” Soojin sighed as their food arrived, their server had to ask two of his coworkers to help him with setting their table.

Mark had ordered way too much food that even other customers were glancing at them.

“I’m hungry.”

“Mark, this is enough to feed a town.” Soojin pointed, he rolled his eyes at her before gesturing the girl to sit down.

“Jackson called me up, you know.”

“Really? I remember hearing that he’s in town. Probably hanging out with his friend.” Soojin rolled her eyes, Mark grinned, he was aware of Soojin’s dislike for Jinyoung.

“Yeah, but he sounded like they fought or something, Jackson was cussing the guy.”

The girl snorted and started to eat, Mark looked at her pensively and he picked up his chopsticks.

“Your café seems to be gaining new customers.” Mark hummed, Soojin eyed him, unsure.

“What are you talking about?”

“Your society friends drop by a lot.”

“Don’t use that term.” Soojin murmured.

“I mean, look at you now, miss Jung. Attending social gatherings, you even went to party without having to be nagged at. It’s new.” Mark spoke to her, the girl’s forehead creased briefly.

“You make it sound as if I shouldn’t be doing it.”

“You’ve always shunned away from those type of things, Soojin-ah. I’m not saying it’s bad.” Mark explained as he picked up a piece of tofu, Soojin shook her head.

“It’s nice you’re trying new to things, I never got you to attend one of our parties before.” Mark mused, his tone light.

“Well, I realized that it’s not that bad.”

“You mean, being around Oh Sehun is not that bad, despite the prying eyes of society?” Mark replied, Soojin’s eyes widened briefly and that caught his attention.

“Mark.”

“You’ve changed.” He said with a small smile.

“People do.”

“I know.” Mark replied and leaned back on his seat, he his lips before speaking again.

“I might have to step back then.”

 

 

Ahyoung ran her fingers through her hair as she walked in the conference room, the staff from her family’s company greeted her warmly.

“Today is the contract signing, ma’am. And, we were supposed to hold this publicly,”

“Right, that’s what I was expecting actually.” Ahyoung looked at her father’s assistant.

“Yes, but the vice chairman Kim requested if we could do it privately. He was worried that you wouldn’t like people taking photos of you.”

Ahyoung’s brows went up, but she smiled.

“Makes sense.” She said, then they looked up as the doors opened.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Suho greeted her, then his eyes widened when he realized that there were already other people in the room. Ahyoung smiled and stood up to greet him.

“I mean, miss Lee.” Suho murmured.

“It’s fine, it’s already common knowledge that we know each other, vice chairman.” She said as she shook his extended hand.

“I’ve managed to, uhm, take down everything now. You can relax.” He said softly as they sat down, Ahyoung nodded back and leaned on her chair.

“I hope Jinyoung didn’t cause too much trouble, that was bad press for you, oppa.”

“My phone’s been ringing off the hook,”

“Oh.” Ahyoung frowned, Suho smiled at her reaction.

“You don’t have to worry about it.” He replied as they were presented the documents, Ahyoung turned to look at him.

“I kind of dragged you into my issues.” She said, the rest of the employees were glancing at them curiously, they didn’t expect the two executives to be close. And it was their first time seeing the Lee heiress this comfortable and at ease in their workplace.

“I don’t mind.” Suho shrugged at her before picking up the papers before him.

 

 

Sehun stepped through the door and looked around in confusion, he checked the time on his watch again.

“Seri, where~” He paused when he found the girl on the sofa, fast asleep. He tilted his head before taking his phone out.

“We made plans on getting coffee, you were so adamant that I come on time.” He muttered as he searched for Chanyeol’s name. It took the older male a few seconds before answering.

“Sehun-ah,”

Sehun leaned down and pressed the back of his palm against the girl’s forehead, his brows rose.

“Hyung, you should come here. Seri’s office.”

“Why?”

“We made plans to go out today, but I found her asleep. And, she might have a slight fever.” He said as he walked away from her.

“I’ll be there in ten, can you wake her up?”

“I will.”

“Did Suho hyung tell you?” Chanyeol spoke, Sehun stood by the windows and looked at the view.

“What?”

“Park Jinyoung’s pressing charges.”

Sehun let out a laugh, he could already hear his cousin getting in his car from the other line.

“I’m just worried that Ahyoung might find out the truth in a very sensitive way, you know.” Chanyeol replied.

“She should find out, he’s been playing her for a long time.” Sehun stated, Chanyeol snorted in reply.

“I’ll get Seri something to eat on the way.”

“Hyung,”

“What?”

“My parents mentioned Soojin. I think they’ve been keeping tabs on me again.”

Chanyeol let out a laugh, Sehun grimace and he buried one hand in his pant pocket.

“They’re curious about her.”

 

 

“Thank you for preparing lunch, Ahyoung-ah.” Suho said as they stepped out of the private dining hall, ShinHan Banking Group’s side invited their partners for a meal after the contract signing.

“It’s nothing, oppa. If it weren’t for you,” Ahyoung paused as the other directors passed by behind them.

“I wouldn’t know exactly what to do.”

“Baby steps.” Suho gave her a small smile and they walked towards the elevator, he glanced at the girl again and his forehead creased.

“I have to ask,”

“Hmm?”

“Is everything alright? You..don’t seem to be feeling well, Ahyoung-ah.” He said quietly as they waited in front of the metal doors. Ahyoung paused, her lips thinned before letting out a small breath.

“You don’t have to answer that.” Suho added quickly, but she faced him.

“Well, I do feel kind of relieved, but I have a feeling I didn’t totally fix my problem.” She told him, the doors pinged open and Suho gestured for her to go first.

“Whatever it is, I’m sure you can solve it.” He said, the doors closed before them and Ahyoung shook her head.

“On a lighter note, at least we can start this project now, one less thing to stress about.” Suho reached out to give her hand a small squeeze. Ahyoung tensed at his sudden touch, but she smiled back.

“I guess.” She said, the doors opened again and the two young executives stepped out.

“I’d like to invite you for some dessert, if you’re free.” Suho mentioned as they crossed the lobby, the two passed by the hotel’s bar and lounge on the way.

“I’d like that, o~” Ahyoung suddenly paused, Suho almost bumped into her.

“Ahyoung-ah, what’s wrong?” The older male paused and followed her gaze, Suho’s eyes widened as he realized what the girl was looking at, rather, who was she looking at.

And for Suho, it felt like China all over again.

Jinyoung was there, having a couple of drinks in broad daylight, and there was a woman seated on his lap. He had one arm around her waist as he kissed her bare neck repetitively.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Suho held onto the girl’s arm and in that moment, Jinyoung’s gaze met with hers.

“Let’s go, oppa.” Ahyoung turned away and started pulling Suho with her.

Suho looked at her face and could see no emotion in her eyes as she moved, he heard Jinyoung scrambling off his chair behind them.

“Ahyoung, wait!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++