027

New Faces

 

“This is chicken, beef and pork.” Suho said as he took his seat, Seri looked over beside him and her nose scrunched.

“Seri doesn’t like grilled chicken that much.” Soojin mused as she plopped down beside Sehun.

“Oh no, we can’t have those two seated across each other.” Suho mumbled, Chanyeol smiled before carefully sitting down beside his older cousin.

“Why?” Ahyoung grew amused as she took the seat across Chanyeol, the male shrunk down on his chair.

“They will~”

“Keep the pork to yourself, ew.” Seri blurted out as Sehun placed more meat on her bowl. The latter grinned back at the girl.

“Seri only eats beef.” Soojin chuckled, Ahyoung shook her head and she paused when Suho put some meat skewers on her plate.

“I’m assuming you’re okay with everything? No food allergies?” He asked, Seri leaned forward and spoke.

“Suho oppa is like the mom of the group.” She said, Ahyoung smiled and shook her head at him.

“I’m good with this, oppa. Thanks.”

Soojin glanced at Sehun beside her, she was already used to him talking to her but strangely, he was being quiet. She glanced at him and realized he was whispering something to Seri, and the girl didn’t seem pleased.

“Sunbae, aren’t you hungry?” She spoke, Ahyoung looked up from her bowl and her eyes went to the male.

“I…I am, I just need~”

“You can have this, Sehun put too much.” Seri pushed her plate to him, Soojin could hear Sehun murmuring to his friend still. Suho grew amused and shook his head.

“I’ve always wanted to ask,” Ahyoung started to ask, she was about to continue when her phone started to ring beside her. Suho followed the girl’s gaze and his brows rose when he read the name on the screen. His eyes went to Ahyoung, he noticed how the girl was frowning. Ahyoung was about to get the phone when Suho suddenly slid his fingers across the screen, rejecting the call.

The girl’s eyes widened and she looked at him.

“Don’t let him know that you’re hanging out with your “bad friends”.” He said with a small smile before turning back to his plate.

 

 

“She went….where?” Jinyoung stepped on the brakes, he was on the phone with the Lee family butler.

“The young miss said she would be attending a dinner party with some friends, she mentioned Mrs. Park and her relatives.”

Jinyoung’s forehead creased and his grip on the wheel tightened.

“She’s with the Samsung clan.”

“Yes, sir.”

Jinyoung exhaled, he tossed his phone to the backseat and pressed his forehead against the steering wheel. He was sure of it know, Kim Junmyeon was messing with him.

First, with the project.

And now the older male was using Seri’s friendship with Seri just to taunt him. This was exactly how Samsung moved, they were cunning when it came to business.

But, what was he going to gain from this?

“Ahyoung is the only daughter to the ShinHan fortune.” Jinyoung murmured as he sat up, he leaned back and sighed. The male then reached for his phone again and started dialing Ahyoung’s number. But it all went to voicemail, just like it has been for the past few days.

“She’s being brainwashed by those brats.” He spat before calling his secretary instead.

“Yes, vice~”

“I need you to find an address for me,”

 

 

Seri glanced at Ahyoung again, her brows going up. She wasn’t sure if anyone noticed but the girl has been ignoring calls the whole night. They were already done with dinner and had transferred to the patio and were enjoying dessert with some wine.

“I’ve always been curious,” Soojin started to speak, Suho looked at the girl.

“How come almost no one know that you two are married?” She spoke just as Seri blurted out.

“Oh Sehun, I am not going to a buy Bentley with you.” Mrs. Park groaned, all eyes went to the two friends, Sehun rolled his eyes and moved away from her.

“Uhm, we wanted it really private, just family and a few friends. Seri’s idea, actually.” Chanyeol spoke with a grin, Ahyoung picked up her drink and took small sips.

“Seri doesn’t like human interaction.” Sehun chimed in, Soojin chuckled, agreeing.

“Not really a fan of big weddings, and Chanyeol and I have always been…private with things. That’s why we didn’t go for the whole ballroom and banquet thing.” Seri reasoned as she picked up her mango juice.

“Right, oppa, how is it working with Ahyoungie?” She sat up, Chanyeol’s eyes went to the other girl and he bit his lower lip.

“I’m actually learning from this experience, not saying that I like it though. Thanks for bringing it up on a Friday night, Seri.” Ahyoung pointed out, the latter chuckled.

“It’s part of life, Ahyoung. You can’t escape it, but you can definitely dodge it from time to time,” She suddenly started patting on her jean pockets.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol spoke and tapped her knee.

“I left my phone in the car.”

“You wouldn’t forget your phone if you drove a Bentley.” Sehun hummed, Suho glanced at his cousin, confused.

“Shut up.” Seri mumbled as she stood up and left the group.

“You’ve been quiet the whole night.” Soojin spoke softly, Sehun’s eyes went to her and they softened.

“I’m trying to come up of reasons to not attend this meeting I have tomorrow. And, I don’t hear you complaining about the company party Seri demanded you to attend.” He said in a light tone, playful even. As soon as she grimaced, Sehun let out a small laugh.

“You always say that it’s not that bad.”

“It is not that bad when you're with someone you really want to talk to.” Sehun said as he refilled her glass with champagne, but then he paused. 

“W—Were you going to drink more?” He blinked at her, Soojin smiled and picked up the glass.

“Since it’s a weekend, why not?”

“Will you be going to the party alone tomorrow?” Sehun asked as he set the bottle down, Soojin nodded before taking a small sip.

“’Then, can…I come by and pick you up?” He asked, Soojin’s brows rose but she nodded.

“I’ll drive you back home, of course.” Sehun added quickly, Soojin patted his hand.

“I’ll be ready by six. Thanks for the offer, Oh Sehun-ssi.”

Sehun laughed at his full name before nodding back. Chanyeol was about to pick up a bunch of grapes when a loud screech echoed from the front doors.

“Chanyeol-ah!”

 

 

Seri dropped her phone on the ground just as the BMW sedan pulled to sudden halt before her, she was leaning over the Chiron’s driver seat, looking for her phone when the gates were suddenly opened.

The girl stared at the car in confusion, she couldn’t recognize the plate and Suho didn’t own a BMW, she was about to move the car’s lights were switched off.

“Seri, what happened?” She heard Chanyeol call from the doors, and then the driver slid down.

“J—Jinyoung-ah,” Seri blurted out, she felt Chanyeol pull her back as he stared at the male.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked, realizing how close his car was to hitting his wife.

“Is Ahyoung here?” Jinyoung was curt as he spoke, Seri glanced over her shoulder and saw Ahyoung making her way to them. Sehun was leaning by the doorway, arms crossed.

“Park Jinyoung,” Ahyoung said her tone harsh, Chanyeol pulled Seri away from the couple, they heard Soojin speak from behind.

“Did he demand they open the gates for him?”

Sehun nodded back at the girl and gestured for her to step back, not wanting them to get involved.

“So, you’re here, with them again. Was I not clear enough?” Jinyoung spoke, Ahyoung shook her head at him.

“I am allowed to be friends with whoever I want, Jinyoung-ah.”

Suho appeared from the garage, he had his hands in his pockets as he looked on. Chanyeol glanced at his older cousin, his forehead creased.

“You are making a joke out of yourself, Ahyoung. First, you won’t take your father’s offer and now you’re exposing yourself to them?” Jinyoung’s voice echoed throughout the curb, Suho saw his security appear and he shook his head at them.

“I don’t know what you’re problem is, but I’ve always been open about being uncomfortable with working for the company, Park Jinyoung. You should leave, this isn’t~”

“Look at you, you refuse to be seen by people and yet you’re comfortable lounging around at a stranger’s house.” Jinyoung then grabbed her arm and started to pulling her to his car, Seri grew antsy as she glanced at Soojin.

“Jinyoung, let..go,” Ahyoung flinched as his grip on her tightened, Jinyoung yanked the door open and turned to face her.

“It’s almost midnight and yet you’re still~” The male stopped speaking when Suho took hold of his arm and gently, but steadily pushed him back. His grip on Ahyoung was loosened and the girl immediately stepped back.

“She asked you to leave.” Suho spoke, his tone firm, and judging by the way his hands were still in his pockets, he also meant business.

“Stay out of this.” Jinyoung snapped at him, Suho’s lips quirked up and he took a step forward, meeting the other male eye to eye.

“You barge in here, disturbing us and now you’re hurting one of my guests,”

“Oppa’s angry. Should we be worried?” Seri whispered, Chanyeol shushed her and pulled the girl behind him. She was right, Suho was not in a pleasant mood.

“One of your guests is my girlfriend, sunbae. So,~” Jinyoung tried to sidestep him, but Suho grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back.

“And she’s a lady. That’s not how you treat women.” Suho let go of him and put his hand back in his pocket.

“So, when she asks you to leave my property. You should, because I’m going to take her side despite all the crap you’re saying now.”

“She’s my girlfriend, she listens to me!”

“Oh, no.” Sehun snorted at him, Soojin glanced at the male and he grinned at her.

“Nobody cares. Leave my driveway before I have to make you.” Suho stated as he turned away from the male, he looked at Ahyoung and stopped.

“Let’s go back inside.” He spoke before heading straight for the front doors, Jinyoung glanced behind him, he saw the guards waiting.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Suho cleared his throat, the girl nodded back at him and made her way towards the doors without looking back. The rest walked back into the house and Suho stood by the doorway as the BMW backed on his curb.

“Sir,” One of the guards walked up to him.

“Make sure he leaves and that he follows nobody later.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++