043

New Faces

 

 

“He really made it all go away.” Soojin murmured as she browsed through her phone, Sehun looked up and shrugged at her. The two were having dinner in a restaurant in Cheongdam.

“When hyung gets really annoyed with something, he does everything he can to get rid of it.” Sehun commented, Soojin exhaled and put her phone down.

“You’re worried about her.” Sehun said, the girl nodded back.

“I know you want to talk but, I’m just not used to Ahyoung ignoring my texts.”

“It’s okay, at least we know she’s safe. She drove off with one of his cars, it wont be difficult to locate her if we need to. I don’t mean to sound creepy or something.” Sehun murmured at the end, Soojin couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Has anyone ever mentioned that you’re kind of the complete total opposite of what you seem to be at first?”

Sehun blinked at her words, confused.

“What?”

“I mean,” Soojin smiled before taking a quick sip of her soda.

“When I first saw you, I thought you were the ice prince type, you rarely spoke and you always had that semi-annoyed and semi done with the world look on your face. I even thought you didn’t like the fact that Seri kept on hanging out with us.”

“Ice prince? Me?”

“You’re not exactly the smiling type like Chanyeol, you know.”

Sehun started to smile and he leaned over to help her slice her steak, Soojin puffed her cheeks at him.

“I tried not falling for you ever since I met you.” He stated, Soojin winced.

“Of course, you’ve always been the straightforward type.” She mumbled, her cheeks were starting to flame up, Sehun looked at her and he smiled.

“I didn’t know how to approach you because you’re so independent, you know what you want and, I know that you don’t need someone like me.”

“Sehun-ah, what~”

“It took a lot of guts asking you out, I didn’t want you to be awkward around me. And, I liked being your friend.” He finished.

“Do I really seem like that? Miss Independent?”

Sehun nodded and he put his utensils down.

“Sometimes she needs someone too, someone who pays attention.” Soojin said, Sehun met her gaze and he smiled.

“I’m glad you took the risk in asking me out, Oh Sehun. You make me nervous too.”

 

 

Seri scratched the back of her head as she looked at the older male, Chanyeol grinned and just pushed the wheelchair forward.

“She had someone return the car this morning, but I’m worried.” Suho stated as they moved towards the elevators, he was holding onto her bag while the two bodyguards followed them.

“Worried about what? You helped her, hyung.”

“How did she find out? Did someone realize what we were trying to hide? Could she be mad at us? At me?” Suho continued, Seri looked at him and chewed on her lower lip.

“You are asking me all these questions, me, a pregnant woman who is itching to go home.”

“You always have answer to things.” Suho mumbled, which was unlike him.

“It’s possible that someone told her, or she saw those photos. Or she finally pieced it out all together, Ahyoung’s a smart woman, oppa.”

The doors pinged open and the family reached the lobby, Seri smiled and looked at Suho again.

“Just do what you always do, oppa.”

“What? Punch the daylights out of Park Jinyoung?” Chanyeol chuckled, Seri sent him a dry look.

“You always give her space when she needs it. You always give her an escape from things, and that’s a good thing.”

Suho paused, he exhaled before giving her a nod.

“She just needs time, oppa. That guy was playing with her all along. Who knows,” Seri spoke as she saw their car being brought around.

“She’s going to say something crazy and wrong again.” Chanyeol murmured but he was smiling at his wife.

“She might be the one to punch the daylights out of Park Jinyoung this time.”

 

 

Soojin ran her fingers through her hair as her mother enjoyed her cup of warm latte on one of the empty tables.

“This is very unexpected, eomma.”

“Why? Am I not allowed to visit my daugher’s shop?” She replied, the girl winced and looked around. It wasn’t quite busy yet, but her mother’s presence slightly irked her.

“It’s not that, it’s just unlike you.”

“Your father left for a business trip, and I’m quite bored at home.”

“Are you going to start that lecture again? Because I don’t have my earphone with me.” She mumbled as she sat down across the elder, the latter smiled and nodded.

“You’ve always been independent. It’s a good thing, but then it can be bad sometimes.” The lady mused, Soojin rolled her eyes.

“I just worry about you, daughter. You like being alone, and you never let anyone in.”

Soojin paused, her brows rose briefly. She put her palms on her lap and met her mother’s gaze evenly.

“Eomma, I~”

“Oh, good morning, sir!” One of her staff chirped, the two women looked up and Soojin almost fell of her seat.

Talk about your timing, Oh Sehun. It can be good and bad at sometimes.

Sehun was dressed in a brown houndstooth jacket with a white turtleneck inside, his dark brown pants accentuated his height perfectly.

“Soojin-ah,” He smiled as he saw her, Soojin heard her mother gasp in surprise.

“Oh, good morning, Mrs. Jung.” Sehun said politely as he reached them, Soojin scrunched her nose at him.

“Sehun-ah, I didn’t know you were a regular here. You must like coffee.”

“Ah, well, actually auntie, Soojin and I~”

“Yes, eomma! Sehun’s a regular here. Although, he doesn’t enjoy coffee that much.” Soojin intervened, she quickly slid down from her chair, almost tripped in the process. Sehun held onto her arm as she steadied herself.

Mrs. Jung stared at her dubiously.

“I—I’ll go make you your usual.” Soojin mumbled, Sehun was about to chat with the elder but the girl simply dragged him away.

“That was kind of rude.” Sehun murmured as they reached the counter, Soojin exhaled and looked at him.

“I’m sorry, I’m just not ready for my mother’s ten million questions. I hope you don’t mind.”

Sehun smiled, he took off his coat and nodded at her.

“It’s fine. They already know me, I don’t have to worry about that.” He said as he pulled his sleeves up to his elbows, Soojin nodded back.

“Very cheeky. But okay.” She shot back, the male chuckled and he gently reached out to squeeze her hand.

“I mean it, it’s fine. You don’t have to tell your parents about us. I don’t mind.”

“You don’t mind if I tend to keep you as a secret?” She blinked at him, Sehun grinned in response.

“Just so you know, my parents already know about us. They keep tabs on me, so,”

Soojin grimaced and swatted his hand away, the male laughed at her reaction.

“It won’t take long before my mother calls yours.” He said teasingly, Soojin groaned in reply and turned away from him. Sehun chuckled and leaned back on his seat.

 

 

Ahyoung slid down from her car and studied the house’s exterior, she made her way towards the front door with a small smile on her face.

She was about to knock when the double doors opened, revealing a smiling Chanyeol.

“Ahyoung-ah, long time no see.”

“Yes, I really wanted to visit at the hospital but time didn’t permit so. Is she awake?” Ahyoung asked as the male ushered her into the house.

“Seri’s having breakfast, join us.” Chanyeol said as he led her to the dining room. Ahyoung found her friend eyeing a platter of fruit before her.

“Congratulations on the zygote, Shin Seri.” Ahyoung chirped as she walked in, the girl looked up and beamed at her.

“Thankfully you’re alright, I was so worried when I heard you fell.” Ahyoung continued as she neared the girl.

“It feels like I haven’t seen your face in ages. But, I’m fine. Thank you.”

Ahyoung laughed and leaned over to give her friend a hug, Chanyeol sat down and let the two talk.

“I heard about what happened, Ahyoung-ah. I’m sorry for…keeping things from you.”

Ahyoung shook her head and set her purse aside.

“Actually, I was a little annoyed that no one told me, and then I realized how difficult it must have been for you as well.”

“I didn’t want to come off as someone who….I didn’t want to get in between you two. It wouldn’t be right for me to do that. But, yes, he is an . I just had to get that off my chest.” Seri murmured while chewing on her lower lip.

Ahyoung managed to smile and took a small sip of her coffee.

“How are you feeling?” Seri asked her, Chanyeol looked at the two women before excusing himself and leaving the room.

“I took some time off work, actually before all this happened, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, you know.”

“About?” Seri asked, Ahyoung started to smile and she fidgeted with the Cartier bangle on her wrist.

“Joining my father, maybe it is time for me to take responsibility.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++