031

New Faces

 

 

“What’s going on?” Chanyeol murmured as they walked back in the party, the guests were all gathered by the windows and doorway to the patio.

“Do we have a live band playing?” Seri asked as she walked towards the crowd, she passed through the doors and paused.

“You’re going to use that against me? Is she really worth that much, sunbae? You’d risk all that for a nobody like her? That girl won’t even take over for her father.” Jinyoung was chuckling as he spoke, Seri’s brows rose up. Her eyes went to the older male, she noticed how Suho was barely holding it in.

“Oh no.” Seri mumbled, she saw Sehun stepped through the doors with Soojin behind him.

“I’d risk this.”

And then it happened, one moment, Jinyoung was standing before the older male and now he was drenched in champagne as he sat on the floor like a wet duck.

“Oppa,” Seri blurted out, Suho smirked before speaking again.

“Bottoms up.” He left without glancing back and security started to approach Jinyoung, they hauled him up.

“You! You are the reason for this!” Jinyoung spotted Seri in the crowd, she felt Ahyoung’s gaze on her.

“If you hadn’t~”

Chanyeol and Sehun stepped between them, Seri looked away, her forehead creasing.

“If she hadn’t what?” Sehun challenged, Seri turned away and rushed to Ahyoung, the girl was still standing there, wide-eyed.

“Don’t make me talk about China, Park Jinyoung. That’s my wife right there, you better respect her in her turf.” Chanyeol snapped, he gave the guards a nod and the male was dragged away.

“Ahyoung, come.” Seri spoke as she reached the girl, she glanced at Soojin and gave her a small nod.

“People saw that, huh?” Ahyoung said as she let the girls pull her back to the party. Soojin pulled the seat for her before replying.

“I don’t even want to know what came over him.” Soojin stated, Seri sighed and puffed her cheeks. She had a feeling she knew exactly what had happened. Park Jinyoung felt threatened because Suho knew about what he was doing. Or what he had done.

Or, was he still cheating on her? Or, was that a one time thing?

“He….He must have really said something that triggered Suho oppa, huh?” Soojin spoke, her eyes were on Seri. Ahyoung turned to the other girl, Seri flinched.

“But, why would he come here just to pick a fight with him?” Soojin muttered, Ahyoung didn’t speak, the girl looked shaken.

Seri looked up as someone took the seat next to hers, her forehead creased and she stood up.

“Seri~” Sehun tried to talk.

“I’ll go check on Suho oppa, food should be served in a few. I’ll go get Ahyoung something to calm her nerves.” Seri patted the girl’s shoulder, she noticed Suho’s jacket on her and she smiled before leaving.

 

 

Seri stepped out of the elevator, and she was right. Suho was already at the lobby, the older male was speaking with her husband.

“Oppa, are you okay?” She spoke as she padded towards them, the latter nodded.

“I already got people working with PR, some photos may have leaked online, but~” Chanyeol trailed off and he puffed his cheeks.

“Look, oppa,”

“Seri-ah, I just lost my cool, I think I may have too much to drink and~”

“We both know what happened in China, oppa. Park Jinyoung and his other women. We know.” Seri stated, Suho paused and his eyes widened.

“W-What?”

“Jackson is pretty…generous when it comes to her Facebook page, and I know you don’t open your account.”

“He posted photos?” Suho spoke and crossed his arms, Seri nodded in reply.

“I saw them first, I didn’t know what to do because Ahyoung’s a friend. And I know our family is working with them.” Chanyeol said softly, Suho exhaled and shook his head.

“Oppa, she has to know.”

“Then, who’s going to tell her? Can you?” Suho replied, Seri exhaled and looked around them.

“I think..it’s better if it came from you, oppa. Since you were there and you witnessed the whole thing.” Seri said, she winced slightly before holding onto Chanyeol’s arm, he glanced at her.

“I—I’ll think of something. Right now, I’d like to leave for a bit, can you handle it upstairs?” Suho asked his cousin, Seri smiled and patted his arm.

“Good job, oppa. He deserved that.” She commented, Suho eyed her warily, waiting for more.

“Of course, instead of champagne, we should have opted to serving acid tonight.” She mused, Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her.

“Go back upstairs, Seri. Can you make sure Ahyoung gets home safe?” Suho asked her, Seri nodded before leaving the two males to talk. She got inside the elevator and leaned back on metal bar.

“Yup, acid would have worked just fine.” She murmured, the doors pinged opened and she stepped out of the machine.

“Samonim,” One of the guards approached her, they were about to her back when she heard a voice behind them.

“Look at you, flexing all that power you have. Just like you did before.”

 

 

“Hey, talk to me.” Soojin nudged her friend again, Ahyoung put her glass down and shook her head.

Sehun glanced at the two briefly and continued with his meal.

“I just…It’s like I don’t know who he is anymore.” Ahyoung stated, Soojin turned to the girl and nodded.

“I haven’t been talking to him lately,”

“It’s not your fault, Ahyoung.”

“I’ve been avoiding him for weeks, Soojin. I’m at fault too.” She stated, Soojin sighed and shook her head at the girl.

“Ahyoung-ah, he…he was never worth it.” She stated, Ahyoung’s forehead creased, the girl exhaled before standing up. Sehun looked up, confused.

“Ahyoung, I’m sor~”

“No, don’t be.” She murmured as she fumbled for her phone from her purse.

“I—I’ll be heading home first. Thank you for having me, Sehun-ssi.” Ahyoung murmured before rushing towards the door, Sehun was about to stand but Soojin held onto his arm.

“Let her be. She needs to be alone.” Soojin said softly, Sehun took his seat and looked at the girl.

“You just had to say that, huh?” Sehun said, Soojin sighed and nodded.

“And now, I’m starting to think that I shouldn’t have. But, Sehun, how thick-faced can a person get?”

Sehun leaned back on his seat, not knowing how to continue. It was getting a little heavy for him, he knew about Jinyoung and he is also aware what kind of damage it can cause if he ever told Soojin about it. The girl already hated the man’s guts. But then, the truth will always come out. And he hated keeping things from her.

“Soojin-ah, there’s this thing,” Sehun begun, Soojin turned her full attention on him.

“Okay, go, shoot. But please, if you feel like drunk-crashing a party tonight, I don’t wanna hear it.” She said, Sehun let out a chuckle.

“Actually, when he was in Chi~”

Soojin turned her head towards the doors, and Sehun did the same.

“Are you hearing that?” She asked, Sehun nodded, it sounded like someone was shouting outside. And the voice sounded so familiar to him.

“What if it’s Ahyoung?” Soojin stood up and rushed towards the door, Sehun tailed after the girl while trying to place the voice in his head.

 

 

“Must you do this now? Like, right now?” Seri exhaled, there was just so much going on and it felt like her head was about to explode.

“You had me kicked out of the party. Grow up, Seri.” The girl spat, Seri sighed.

“My husband did that before I could ask him to. But okay, I’m gonna take credit for that.”

The girl’s eyes narrowed and she shook her head.

“Why can’t you just accept it? It’s not going to be just you forever.”

“I had you kicked out, why are you still here?” Seri stated, the guards started to move forward but the girl raised her arms.

“Any of you start touching me, I will scream.” She warned, Seri snorted and looked around them.

“Go. Scream.” She challenged the girl, the latter looked at her with glaring eyes.

“I lost him because of you, Seri. You controlling freak!”

“Controlling? Really, me?” Seri shot back, enraged. The guards grew alarmed at the change of Mrs. Park’s tone.

“Are you never going to admit it, Shin Seri?” The girl yelled in reply, Seri started to laugh.

“At first I thought you just had a hard time letting go, because you’re so used to having all their attention. I tried to understand you.”

“Bull, Kim Jena. Just leave.” She tried to brush past her, but the Jena yanked her back, Seri winced as the girl’s nails dug onto her skin.

“I came back to take him from you. You’re toxic to him, Seri. Let him go!” She yelled at her face.

“I’m toxic? Was I the one who threatened to shoot~”

“What are you doing?” Another voice joined, Seri looked up and saw Soojin rushing to them, her eyes were wide as she looked at them.

“You’re hurting her.” Soojin stated as she stood beside Seri.

“Who are you? Stay out of it.” Jena spat as she looked at the girl, Soojin’s brows scrunched together before removing her hand off Seri.

“Who’s this, Seri? Another friend you’re grooming for your other friends?” Jena chortled, Soojin’s brows rose as she looked at the other girl.

“Go on, try berating her. I’m tired.” Seri replied, and then Jena started laughing.

“I’m right, huh? This is another one of your social experiments.”

Soojin glanced at Seri worriedly, the girl had remained eerily calm.

“Then, what does that make you, my ing guinea pig?” Seri opened , Jena’s fists curled.

“Should I continue? Should I announce it to them,” Seri gestured towards the peeking crowd behind Jena.

“How you begged and begged, even got on your knees just so Sehun wouldn’t~” Seri winced as Jena started to raise her palm.

“I don’t think this is right.” Soojin spoke as she held onto Jena’s wrist, she pushed the girl back.

“I think you should leave.” Soojin stated, her tone as firm as her grip.

“What are you? Are you a Samsung wife as well?” Jena snorted and shook off her hand, Soojin her lips before speaking.

“Stop doing this.” Soojin noticed how Seri had gone terribly pale and the girl kept on wincing behind her.

“Why don’t you step away and mind your own business?” Jena tried to push her away, Soojin staggered back, her heels getting caught on the hem of her gown, but she felt a strong arm around her waist, keeping her steady.

“She isn’t. But if you try touch her again,”

Soojin turned her head, he had his eyes on the lady in front of them. His jaw clenched and unclenched before briefly glancing at her.

“S—Sehun-ah,” Jena was staring back at him.

“You’ll be starting a war, Jena. So, get out of our sight.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++