022

New Faces

Sehun squared his shoulders as he stepped out of the elevator, he was already on his way out when he spotted his cousin pulling over. His brows rose, remembering that Suho had an important meeting with ShinHan Banking.

“Oh, hyung!” He called out, his cousin’s secretary bowed politely before leaving the two.

“On your way out?” Suho asked him, Sehun nodded back, noticed how his cousin’s tie was askew.

“Did everything go well with ShinHan today?”

“I—Yes, it went well. I had lunch with the president’s daughter.”

“His daughter? Then, Ahyoung?”

Suho nodded back and ran his fingers through his hair, Sehun’s brows went up, way up.

“Why does it sound that the business side went well, but seeing Ahyoung seems to…be unsettling to you?” Sehun spoke, not bothering to mince his words, like always.

“It’s not that. I—I don’t know. I have things to finish upstairs. Let’s talk about this next time.” Suho patted his shoulder before sidestepping him. Sehun shrugged back at him and the tall male made his way towards his waiting car. He was about to get inside when his phone buzzed.

Thanks for today. My mother can be a little intense.

You deserve another “thank you” for putting up with that. – Soojin.

Sehun slide inside the Audi’s drive’s seat and smiled before typing in a reply.

It wasn’t bad. I like auntie Jung.

She doesn’t tease me about my bubble tea preference.

Soojin’s reply came in quick, it was a bunch of laughing emojis. Sehun bit his lip and put his phone away.

“I’ll be your friend first.” He said to himself with a small smile as he sped out of the Samsung compound.

 

 

“That must be why he suddenly added me up on Facebook. He’s in Seoul.” Seri commented as she walked in the kitchen, Chanyeol looked up.

“Your friend? Jackson Wang?”

“Yeah, and don’t get any ideas. We were only just friends, and he was…a bit of a playboy.” She stated, Chanyeol chuckled and walked towards her.

“I don’t think you ever made me feel…like I have to mark my territory or something. I don’t know how to put it in better terms, something not misogynistic.” He trailed off before placing his hands on her waist.

“Dating was never my thing. You know that.”

“Yes, and I know that I’m a miracle!” He cheered, Seri elbowed him and poured herself a glass of water.

“Actually, women aren’t into over possessive partners. While, it may sound cute and romantic, in the real world, it never is.” She stated as she lifted herself to the counter and crossed her ankles.

“And, you were never possessive, in fact, you’ve always let me be. You gave me the freedom to dump you despite how awkward it would have been. Not that I would ever do that,” She grinned before opening her arms to the male, Chanyeol chuckled before going into her embrace.

“For you to say those words, something must be up.” He murmured as he kissed her hair, Seri’s brows rose.

“I..just heard a rumor about a friend’s boyfriend.”

“Hmm.”

“He’s been trying to push her to go up the social ladder. Well, she’s already up there, but she isn’t known. So, boyfriend think it would be better for him and his image to have his girlfriend in a higher place.”

“When are you gonna say the names so that I get less confused, babe?” Chanyeol chuckled as he pulled away to meet her gaze.

“Well, I went out to get tea before going home and,” She placed her palm on his shoulder and started to play with the tips of his hair curling at the back of his neck.

“Did your tummy hurt?” He frowned, Seri shook her head and pursed her lips.

“I heard some women talking, well, the Shin twins? Shin Towers. They were chatting about JInyoung and how he’s been wanting for Ahyoungie to take over for months now. Well, allegedly, he isn’t a fan of Ahyoung interacting with male friends and only wants her to focus on her career. It’s kind of controlling and I don’t wish for my friend to be…” She trailed off, shutting.

“But, what if they were just gossiping? Jinyoung doesn’t seem to be that type.” He leaned his head on her palm, Seri shrugged at him.

“Gossips usually start with a bit of the truth.” She whispered at him, Chanyeol chuckled before kissing the girl’s cheek.

“Don’t stress over it too much. You should just focus on me.”

“Ugh.” She sighed and shooed him away, the male laughed before walking back towards the oven.

“I made roast chicken, you can shower first then we can eat.”

 

 

Soojin took her seat across the male and she smiled.

“See? It’s not that bad.” Mark mused at her, Soojin couldn’t help but chuckle.

“You didn’t want to make me feel awkward, so you chose Burger King?”

“If I had chosen some fancy candle-lit type of restaurant you would flee, Sophia Jung.” Mark Tuan pointed out as he straightened the napkins on their table.

“You’re right, this is perfect. Thank you for being thoughtful.”

The two were sitting by the windows, Soojin took a quick sip of her soda before talking.

“You mentioned you were going to be stuck here for quite some time.”

“Yes, for work. It would have been bad if I were assigned to Australia again, but Seoul’s perfect.”

“You’re here to annoy the living daylights out of Jinyoung again? Because, I would give you free coffee for that.”

“You still hate him?” Mark chuckled and their food arrived, Soojin picked up a fry before replying.

“I just don’t like how he treats Ahyoung. You know that.”

“Nobody’s perfect, Soojin. He just wants the best for her. I want the best for you, does that make me bad?”

“He wants the best for her. Meaning, he wants her to show to the world who she is. A ShinHan daughter.” Soojin rolled her eyes and picked up her burger.

Mark paused, and scrunched his nose. The girl did have a point.

“And besides, I~” Soojin paused when she noticed one of the vehicles driving by, it had stopped due to the traffic light. It was an Audi R8, a black one. Her brows rose briefly, distracted.

“Jung Soojin?” Mark nudged her shoe with his, the girl blinked and looked at him.

“Did you see someone you know?” He followed her gaze, but Soojin shook her head at him.

“Mark, I’m glad that you’re in town. I just…don’t want things to be awkward between us. Again.”

Mark paused, his forehead creased before patting her hand across the table.

“I know, that’s why, I’m trying to be your friend again. Because that’s how we started, right?”

“Mark, I~”

“I want that again, Soojin. The old us. And, I’m willing to take the risk again until you start looking at me. I want you to see me, Sophia. Just me.”

 

 

“You are crazy.” Seri stated as Sehun set the bags on the kitchen table, the couple was already preparing for bed when he dropped by.

“I need to understand why,”

“Why, what?”

Chanyeol grinned and leaned against the counter to examine what Sehun had brought to their home.

“Coffee? At this hour? We’re not even at work.” Chanyeol was amused, Seri rolled her eyes and walked towards them.

“These are coffee beans, Oh Sehun. What~”

“I want to understand why people love it so much, what’s the difference~”

“Sehun, wait. Hold up.” Seri sighed, Sehun looked at her and his eyes narrowed.

“Is this about…Soojin? I think it kinda is.” She was smiling, Sehun sighed and crossed his arms.

“I want to understand what she likes. Because, she knows what I like to drink. And I would like to return the…favor, or whatever it is.”

“Oh, it’s not just a crush then.” Chanyeol commented, Seri’s brows rose.

“I’ll leave you two to talk. But, Oh Sehun, my wife needs her sleep.” Chanyeol pointed out before making his way towards the living room.

“I’d like to be friends first, Seri.”

“I know.”

“And this.” Sehun looked at the bags of coffee beans and other coffee related stuff before them.

“This isn’t the way to do it.” Seri finished, Sehun looked at her, confused.

“All you need to do is talk to her, get to know her better. What she likes, what she doesn’t. The usual thing.”

“That’s not exactly very easy for me, Mrs. Park Chanyeol.”

“Well, if it’s easy to get, then it won’t be worth it, Oh Sehun.” She pointed out, Sehun sighed and looked away from her.

“Look, all I’m saying is that, don’t stress over it. Just be yourself. You don’t know, you might already have caught her attention.” She poked his arm, Sehun glanced at her.

“Just be yourself. But not like that.” Sehun mimicked, Seri slapped his arm.

“I was being serious, Sehun.”

“I know. I always got your back too.” Sehun bumped fists with her, Seri laughed.

“Good, now, you can show your way out. I’m going to bed.”

“But, the coffee~”

“Sehun, give it up. Coffee is Soojin’s thing. You don’t have to change yourself for other people.” Seri said softly, Sehun met her gaze.

“You have to open up, let her see the real you. You don’t have to like coffee so that she’d be your friend, Sehun.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++