040

New Faces

 

 

“I was right. You were acting so strange, and you’ve got a shorter fuse than usual.” Sehun commented as he crossed his legs on the chair, Suho smiled and handed her a slice of apple.

“How are you feeling now?” The older male asked.

“The doctors are happy that I don’t seem to have any form of morning sickness. They just want me to be careful because I seem to be…a little undernourished for this one.” She patted her stomach softly.

“You mean, your lifestyle isn’t ready to be pregnant.” Sehun mused, Seri shot him a look and Suho winced as the apple flew across the room and hit his cousin on the head.

“Hey!”

“Children, please.” Suho sighed at the two, Seri made a face at her best friend. Sehun rolled his eyes, he stood up from his seat and joined them.

“Please be a lot more careful, Seri-ah. It’s not just you now.” Suho said as he patted her hand.

“Right, you are currently carrying the future of Samsung and you better not mess~” Sehun was shoved by the older male and he chuckled.

“I’m happy for you, Seri. I hope your leg heals soon.” Sehun scrunched his nose at her, the girl smiled and bumped fists with him. They heard the doors slide open and Chanyeol walked in with a bunch of snacks.

“I got you some of your favorites.” He said as he put the bags down, Sehun sat on the foot of the bed. Seri’s eyes went to him, her brows rose. Something was bothering Oh Sehun, she gently nudged him with her knee.

“Are you okay?” She mouthed, Sehun looked at her and nodded back.

“When will they let you go home?” Sehun asked, Suho helped Chanyeol with the food.

“Maybe in a few days, they want to make sure everything’s okay with the…uhmm..this.” Seri pointed to her belly, Suho chuckled.

“Seri-ah, you can say it. Baby.” Chanyeol mused, Sehun shook her head at the girl.

“Zygote.” She offered, the three males sighed.

 

 

Soojin slid down from the cab and looked at the hospital’s façade, she had opened the shop earlier for the day and decided to visit Seri. She had talked to the girl on the phone last night, and Seri reassured her that she was doing fine despite her injured leg. But she knew there had to be something else. Soojin marched towards the revolving doors but she halted, her forehead creasing.

“I’m interested in you. And, I would like to ask you out.”

“I like you, Jung Soojin. I wish you’d give me a chance.”

“Surely, he’s going to be here. He’s her best friend.” She murmured, her grip on her purse tightening, she exhaled.

“What if he’s inside?” She mumbled as she pushed herself to get inside the building, after what happened yesterday, Soojin didn’t know what to do.

Sehun told her those things and all she could manage to say was that she needed to go. And she left, despite he offered to drive her back.

In short, she ran away from him because he asked her out.

Classic Jung Soojin.

The elevator doors pinged open and she stepped in, Soojin chewed on her lip as she looked at the screen indicator before her. Her phone buzzed and she took it out from her jean pocket, she opened the message. Her mother was asking her to join them for lunch.

Soojin was about to reply when the doors opened, and then she heard a familiar voice.

“Soojin-ah,” Suho was smiling at her, the girl let out a breath.

It’s just the cousin. Whew.

“Good morning, Suho oppa.”

“Great timing, Chanyeol had to step out to fix some papers. Why don’t you join Sehun and Seri in the room?”

Oh god.

 

 

Ahyoung pinched the bridge of her nose as she kicked herself away from her desk. Things weren’t just going as smoothly for the day, she had to call a lot of clients and most of them weren’t participative at all.

And, she couldn’t focus on anything. Did a goldfish take over her soul? She’ll never know.

She glanced at her desk again and eyed the basket of daisies, it arrived about an hour ago. And the sender was Mrs. Kim.

Suho’s mother had sent her flowers and it came with a note, thanking for joining them for dinner last night. Yes, they had dinner at Suho’s house without Suho.

The older male had been called to work last night and, Seri was rushed to the hospital. She didn’t even know whether Suho already knew about what happened at his place yesterday. Ahyoung sighed, she felt on edge and giddy. And she had no idea why.

She sat up and made a mental note to visit Seri during her lunch break, she was about to get back to work again when her phone started to ring. She picked it up without thinking.

“Hello~”

“Ahyoung-ah, are you busy?”

Her phone almost slipped through her fingers, she puffed cheeks before speaking.

“No, oppa. What’s up?” She swallowed as she stood up from the chair and walked towards the windows.

“I heard about what occurred last night. Did my parents scare you?” He asked lightly with a small chuckle.

“No, not all, oppa. I was actually worried that we had dinner there and you weren’t informed.”

“I’m sorry, Ahyoung-ah. I know how my mother can be very….forceful. And, I’m aware that she may have bombarded you with all sorts of questions.”

Ahyoung chewed on her lower lip, but she was smiling.

“It wasn’t that bad, oppa.”

Suho laughed, he sounded relieved.

“Anyway, how are you? I hope you’re feeling better.”

“I am, thanks. And, thanks for lending my your car, I needed the distance from the city for a bit.”

“Seri was asking about you earlier, do you think you could drop by? I’m sure she has a lot to say, and don’t worry, I haven’t told her anything.”

“I will be dropping by to see her later. Maybe I should tell her about Jinyoung. I kind of have a feeling she hates him.”

“She’ll be happy to see you.”

“Right, oppa?” She said hurriedly, Suho hummed back, waiting for her to speak.

“Let me treat to you a meal, I mean, since you’ve been helping me a lot lately. I feel bad for always just accepting your help. Please tell me when you are free.”

 

 

“You’re worried.” Sehun spoke, Seri looked up from her phone and set it aside.

“So, are you.”

“You first, pregnant women have a priority lane.” He replied, Seri shook her head at him.

“Who wouldn’t be? I’ve been traipsing around Seoul without knowing I have another human inside me, Oh Sehun. And, I don’t even know if I’m ready for this.”

“Well, do what you always do. Wing it.” Sehun shrugged.

“Wing it? How do you “wing” parenting?” She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, Sehun smiled before plopping down beside her.

“I don’t know what other say, but all I am sure of is that you and Chanyeol hyung will be good parents. You two always have each other’s backs. What are you so worried about? Also, this baby already has a very cool godfather.”

“Godfather? Who?”

“Me.” He said proudly, Seri almost kicked him away.

“Now, your time to spill. What’s up with you?”

Sehun turned to face her, his eyes narrowed briefly, trying to formulate words.

“I…asked her out, Seri.”

Seri paused, her eyes widened briefly.

“Soojin?”

“Duh.” He rolled his eyes at her, Seri started laugh at his discomfort.

“Oh my god, did she reject you? It would be epic if she did~”

“Hey, Shin Seri!” Sehun hissed at her, Seri zipped and motioned for her to continue speaking. She flung her legs over the bed and jutted her lips towards the wheelchair.

“We were together yesterday, and I told her the truth, you know. About what happened between Jena, and how that turned out. I wanted her to know.”

“That’s good then.” She replied as Sehun helped her to the wheelchair, Seri leaned back and smiled at him.

“I’m happy you finally told her how you feel, because now, I won’t be able to move mountains just to push you to her. I’m kind of injured as of the moment.” She said jokingly, Sehun grinned at her.

“But, Seri-ah, Soojin…she just..walked away. And I’m worried that I may have scared her or something. What if I was too forward and she~”

“Sehun-ah,” Seri said softly, Sehun turned to her and crossed his arms.

“Calm down, it’s normal that she’s surprised by it. I mean, I’d want to run away too.”

“I know, you ran away from Park Chanyeol when he asked you out, but you ended up trapping yourself in his office. Idiot.”

“I swear to god, if you don’t~”

The doors suddenly opened, and the two paused.

“Hyung, you watch over~” Sehun coughed when he saw the girl standing beside his cousin, Seri followed his gaze and she started to smile.

“Seri has a guest. I have to go.” Suho nodded, he gave Seri a wave before disappearing again. Soojin smiled as she looked at her friend.

“Are you okay? Oh my, your leg.” She saw Seri’s bandaged foot, Sehun looked away and took a seat.

“I’m fine. It’s not as bad as it looks.” Seri told her as the girl took her hand, and then she glanced at her friend. There was this sudden tension in the room that wasn’t there before. Seri mentally laughed, she tied her hair in a neat ponytail before speaking.

“You know, I can’t stand this. Stress is not good for the zygote, so,”

“What are you talking about?” Soojin asked as Seri wheeled herself towards the door, Sehun sighed.

“Zygote?” Soojin repeated, confused.

“You two should talk things through, I don’t like awkward situations, so, Mrs. Park is out!” Seri waved before closing the doors, and then she was gone.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++