012

New Faces

 

“Uncle, auntie, it’s good to see you here.”

Soojin paused at his words, her eyes immediately went to Sehun.

“Sehun-ah, did you come alone?” She heard her father spoke as he shook the young man’s hand with familiarity. Soojin grew confused, very confused.

Her parents spoke casually to Sehun, too casual for a business partner or a colleague.

Am I missing something?

Her parents were acquainted with him? Acquainted enough to call him by name and for him to call them uncle and auntie?

“I did, but my cousin’s here as well. I heard about your recent acquisition of IOQ Oil, how did it go?” Sehun continued, Soojin pursed her lips, she was still standing behind her parents.

“Oh, that was the one you talked about with Sehun a few weeks ago, right?” Mrs. Jung chimed in, Soojin was about to move when she met gazes with him. Sehun paused, his eyes widened briefly.

“Oh, right. You two haven’t been introduced yet. Soojin-ah, this is~”

“We actually know each other, uncle.” Sehun said amiably, he gave the girl a warm smile before speaking her.

“Really? How?” Mrs. Jung asked, Soojin looked away still feeling Sehun’s gaze on her.

“Red is a very becoming color on you, Soojin-ssi.” He said to her, Soojin met his gaze.

“Uhm, Sehun-ssi and I met through a friend, eomma. We bumped into each other weeks ago and, we were introduced.” Soojin said quickly, she chewed on the insides of her lips and glanced at her lips.

“Friend? Ahyoung?”

“We met through a common friend, uncle. They were in the same class back in college.” Sehun explained for her, Soojin started to look around. She just realized one thing. She wasn’t used to interacting with Sehun without Seri around.

And it was quite unnerving her, no, she felt she couldn’t breathe while he was looking at her.

“Ah, that’s good then. Good for the business.” Mr. Jung joked, Soojin grimaced at him.

“We’re not pawns, abeoji.” She murmured back, Sehun grinned at her.

“I gave birth to you so that you could be a pawn to the business. Did you not know that?” Mrs. Jung said jokingly, Sehun laughed along.

“It’s not as bad as it sounds, Soojin-ssi. Would you like something to drink?”

 

 

Suho’s lips thinned as Seri chatted with the couple, Jinyoung was chatting along with the girls as if nothing happened.

As if he didn’t see Jinyoung making out with three different women the other week.

As if he didn’t see Jinyoung sneak into a hotel suite with those women the other week.

His forehead creased and he looked away, he was very uncomfortable standing in front of the male acting as if nothing happened.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Seri hooked arms with him, Suho looked up and nodded back at her.

“I—I’m just a little hungry. How about you?”

“Right, they probably wont serve the food till later.” Ahyoung chimed in, her eyes focusing on the two.

“I told you we could have eaten something before heading here, oppa.” Seri stated, Suho felt Jinyoung’s gaze go to him.

“Sunbae, when did you get back? I thought you were to fly back next week.” Jinyoung spoke, Ahyoung blinked.

“You two met in China?” She asked, Seri started to look around, she spotted Sehun chatting with Soojin and a middle-aged couple. Her brows rose up, all the way up.

“Hyundai. Right.” She whispered to herself before looking away.

“We did,” Jinyoung replied quickly, his voice cracking. Seri looked at him amused, Ahyoung chuckled and patted his hand.

“We missed you at the fundraiser, Suho-ssi.”

“Call him oppa, we’re friends after all.” Seri chuckled, Suho’s eyes went to the girl beside him.

“Actually, just go with whatever you’re comfortable with.” Suho said mildly, he looked at Jinyoung.

“I had to move my flight, Jinyoung-ah. You stayed there for quite a bit, right?” Suho replied, the latter nodded back.

“Right, sunbae, can we talk for a bit? There are few things that I wanted to ask you.” Jinyoung said with a polite smile and he let go of Ahyoung.

“You two talk, Ahyoung and I will just~” Seri stopped when Suho held onto her arm around his.

“Maybe next time, Seri and I will be going to our seats now,” Suho stated, Seri noticed the edge in his voice.

“O—Oh, sure. Enjoy the rest of party.” Jinyoung murmured back, Ahyoung grinned at Seri.

“Let’s hang out next time.” Ahyoung stated, Seri blew her a kiss before Suho pulled her away from them.

 

 

Soojin slowly sat down, she glanced over her shoulder, Sehun was speaking with another set of people.

He is a society boy, but he’s working.

She leaned back on her seat and exhaled, she didn’t particularly like how the tall male had made her feel nervous earlier. But she managed to shrug it off as her noticing how handsome he was, that was it. The occasional appreciation for male beauty.

“Hi, gorgeous!”

She turned just as Seri took the seat next to hers, Soojin smiled.

“I love the outfit, very rebellious. I live for it.” She whispered, Seri chuckled and Suho took the seat beside her.

“I didn’t feel like wearing a dress. But, this dress really was the perfect choice for you, huh?”

Soojin greeted Suho with a small wave, the male smiled back before finishing his champagne.

“I wont let you take over next time, this is too much, Seri.”

“I would never be able to pull this off, this was made for you.” Seri mused as she looked around, and then she raised her hand slightly. Soojin’s eyes widened as she followed the girl’s gaze. Sehun was looking back at her, he gave her a small nod before excusing himself from the people he was conversing with.

Seri, why?

Sehun strolled over to them, he ed his coat before taking the other seat beside Soojin, Seri turned her head and smiled.

“Would it be rude if we ask for the food now? That’s the reason why I’m here.” Seri hummed, she glanced at Suho, the male was awfully quiet.

“I’m fine. I need to use the restroom for a bit.” Suho spoke, feeling her gaze on him. Seri nodded back, the male grinned, he patted her hand before leaving the group.

“It would be a little…wrong, Seri.” Sehun replied as he leaned on the table, Soojin kept her eyes off him.

“Whatever, I’m going to ask for a sandwich. You two stay here and be happy with your glasses of Cristal.” She rolled her eyes at him, Soojin grew amused.

“Are you allergic to alchohol?” She asked her, Seri shook her head.

“I don’t drink alcohol, don’t take it the wrong way. I’m just not a fan.” She said as she slowly stood up, Sehun narrowed his eyes at her. But Seri kept her gaze on Soojin, the girl was looking at her questioningly.

“Watch over this society boy for me, I need to eat.” Seri winked before setting off, Sehun pursed his lips and looked away. Soojin’s brows rose and she turned to face Sehun.

“She’s never going to let go of that society boy thing, huh?” She spoke, the male looked at her and nodded.

“She can sense you’re not really feeling the party.”

“Was I that obvious?” Soojin grimaced, Sehun smiled and nodded.

“Like I said, it’s not that bad, miss Jung.” He said in a playful tone, and then he stood up. Soojin blinked at him in confusion as he stretched one hand to her.

“I'll show you something. And I promise it won't disappoint.

 

 

“What did you want to talk about with Suho?” Ahyoung asked Jinyoung steered her away from the crowd, his eyes went back to the party and his forehead creased when he saw Soojin being seated with the two Samsung males and Seri.

“W—When did you get close with Seri?”

“Seri? We were classmates back in college. And somehow, we’ve reconnected.”

“What about Suho sunbae?”

“She usually comes by the coffee shop with him and Oh Sehun, so we were naturally introduced. They’re nice people.”

“Ahyoung-ah, you should be careful.” Jinyoung spoke softly, the girl paused, her forehead creasing.

“What do you mean?” She asked him, he gave her a small smile before taking her hand.

“You might not know this, but hanging out with them, or even being seen with them is quite dangerous, babe.”

Ahyoung turned her head, she spotted Seri making her way towards the doors, she was speaking on the phone.

“Dangerous?”

“It’s the Samsung clan we’re talking about, Ahyoung-ah. Nobody wants to get on their bad side, and don’t you think they have a lot of enemies? I just don’t want you to get mixed in with the wrong people,” He said as he cupped her cheek, Ahyoung’s brows furrowed together.

“I don’t think they’re “wrong people”, you’re even friends with Suho-ssi.”

“I’m only doing that for business purposes, they’re a scary family.” Jinyoung stated, Ahyoung saw Seri appear again, the girl was literally hopping back to their table with a plate of mini sandwiches with her.

“It might not look like it, but they are dangerous.”

Ahyoung watched as Suho pulled the chair for Seri, he was about to get one of the sandwiches but Seri slapped his hand away.

“Just be careful, I don’t want you to get hurt.” Jinyoung gave her hand a small squeeze before pulling the girl with him. Ahyoung’s forehead creased but she nodded back, and then Suho turned his head towards them.

He gave Ahyoung a small smile before diverting his gaze from her.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++