033

New Faces

 

Everyone turned to the head of the table frantically, the room had gone awfully quiet that you could already hear the air conditioner’s swing. All eyes were on the young Samsung boss as he remained motionless on his seat, his eyes were on the screen.

“Sir,” His secretary spoke, Suho exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“You’re telling me you need extra funding for a project that has been delayed for seven months now, due to your division head mishandling the documents.” Suho said bluntly, other managers looked away.

Something didn’t feel right, usually their boss was calm and easygoing, but today, was different. He didn’t even smile once when he got inside the conference hall.

“Is that your other way of saying that the funds were mishandled?” He spoke, his tone eerily soft. The rest of the staff in the room glanced at each other worriedly.

“Seven months. If it were a pregnant woman, she would be due in two months.” Suho said humorlessly.

“But, sir, the permits~”

“You were given ample time to process all necessary documents needed.” Suho said, the manager looked away.

“You reason out as if it’s the company’s fault that you couldn’t do your job properly, when in fact,” Suho exhaled, his brows furrowing.

“There’s not even a single person in this room can answer any of my questions. So, tell me,” He crossed his arms and looked at each of them.

“How will you fix this problem? And, how many more months for extension should I give you?” He questioned, his secretary grimaced on his seat. But the executive stood up, all the staff in the room followed suit.

“Finish all of these by tomorrow, or you can start handing in your resignation letters.” He stated flatly before leaving the room, his secretary scrambled after him.

“Sir, about~”

“Clear my schedule. You can take the afternoon off.” Suho said without looking back as he got inside the elevator. The male exhaled and leaned his head back, he then reached for his phone in his coat pocket.

“I have to talk to her.” He sighed as he unlocked the screen and dialed Ahyoung’s number.

 

 

Seri was smiling to herself as she enjoyed her tall glass of iced café as she continued dealing with her work. She was at a restaurant blocks away from her office, rumors have begun spreading as some footages from the party appeared online. Although, most of them had been taken down, but some people managed to save copies and reuploaded them again.

And because of those rumors, her phone had been ringing off the hook the whole morning that she chose to work outside the office. No one knew where she was except her husband, and Chanyeol knew that she enjoyed her alone time.

She puffed her cheeks as she looked at her laptop again, the girl begun reading files and reviewing them. Her phone started to ring again, Sehun’s name was flashing on the screen. She tossed the phone back in her purse and leaned back on her seat.

“She’s back and you’re taking her side again.” She spat, and then she paused when somebody took the seat across hers. Seri looked up and her forehead creased.

“It wasn’t easy to trace you, but that didn’t mean it was impossible.” Jinyoung smirked, Seri noticed the bruise under his eye but she didn’t comment.

“People are having a field day, your cousin-in-law is viewed as the devil as he should be.”

“What do you want?”

“You should be careful going out alone Shin Seri. You planned this on the very beginning, huh?” Jinyoung asked, his tone very mocking.

“Which part? The one when you flew to China and started around?” She shot back, Jinyoung smirked and shook his head.

“You’re using that to threat me? Do you know how easy it is for me to destroy you and your family? One tiny scandal can destroy Samsung and everything you’ve worked for.”

“You’re trying to blame this on me?” Seri replied, Jinyoung stood up and met her gaze evenly.

“You’re trying to destroy my life, won’t it be fair if I do the same?”

“You’re a jerk.” Seri spat, Jinyoung chuckled.

“Mind your own business, spoiled brat.”

 

 

Sehun ran his fingers through his hair as he stepped in the shop, his eyes went to the counter and he saw Soojin. He smiled as he approached the counter, but something caught his eyes.

The girl was chatting happily with someone with the male seated across her.

“Sehun-ah,” Soojin spotted him and she waved him over, the male turned his head to look at him.

“Hey,” Sehun said as he joined them, he glanced at the male briefly.

“I’m telling you, your parents know you’ve been attending all these parties. And that wont be good for you.” He said lightly, Sehun’s eyes went to him again, Soojin chuckled and shook her head at him.

“I’m trying this new thing. So far, it’s been..” Her eyes went to Sehun briefly and she started to smile.

“Interesting.” She finished as she placed his drink before him, Sehun blinked at the girl.

“I knew you’d be coming, enjoy.” She said, and then she cleared .

“Uhm, Sehun-ah, this is Mark. He’s an old friend, and Mark, this is Oh Sehun.” Soojin introduced the two, Mark stretched his palm towards the male.

“Nice to meet you.” He said, Sehun shook his hand and smiled back.

“An old friend? How quickly you dismiss our love.” Mark commented, Soojin laughed and shook her head. Sehun leaned back on his seat, his brows going up. And then one conversation from weeks before started to play in his head.

“That Mark Tuan seems nice, did you ever date him?”

“Hmm, no.”

“Mark Tuan? Is he back in town?”

“What’s this? Why didn’t you tell me lover boy’s in town?”

Sehun looked at Soojin again as the girl continued to chat with Mark comfortably.

Lover boy?

The Oh heir took small sips of his drink as he leaned against the counter, he noticed how Soojin would smile when the male would start speaking again.

“You would not believe what happened today, that ing toad appeared before me, he even had the guts to threaten me.” A voice made them all turn, Seri tossed her purse on one of the empty tables and walked ahead, not really focusing.

“I destroyed his life? That er can’t even keep his hands to himself and thinks around is a personality trait~” Seri halted when she finally realized that it wasn’t just Soojin she was talking to.

“Who…are we talking about?” Soojin asked, Sehun was about to react when Mark got to it first.

“I never pegged you to be a foul mouthed one, but cool.” Mark mused as he extended his fist to her, Seri rolled her eyes and bumped fists with him.

Sehun tilted his head.

“Who threatened you?” Soojin asked, Seri exhaled and scrunched her nose.

“Park Jinyoung.”

“He what?” Sehun echoed, now he was annoyed. Seri glanced at him, her forehead creasing.

“Seri, let’s talk about this,” Soojin took her apron off, but the girl shook his head.

“I’m sorry, I’ll drop by some other time. Meet you later?” Seri asked, Soojin glanced between the two best friends.

“Seri, please stay. Let’s talk~” Soojin tried to reason but the girl was already shaking her head.

“It’s fine, i have work to finish up. See you around, mister Tuan.” Seri stated as she turned away from them.

“Seri, wait.” Sehun walked after her, the girl ignored him and walked out of the café.

“Come on, let’s talk about this.” He asked, Seri turned to him and snorted.

“Talk? You were about to take her side again, Oh Sehun. Don’t you dare tell me to calm down,”

“I know, I’m sorry.” Sehun stated, Seri exhaled and looked at him.

“I don’t want to see her around us. Take care of that.”

“I will.” Sehun’s lips pursed and he crossed his arms, Seri grinned and peeked back at the café.

“Met him?”

“Mark Tuan?”

“Lover boy.” Seri hummed, Sehun rolled his eyes at her, the girl chuckled.

“He doesn’t seem an easy enemy, Oh Sehun. He’s actually nice. I like the guy.” Seri stated, Sehun sent her a look.

“Ask her out tonight. Take her to dinner.” She said before taking out her keys.

“Are you sure you’re okay? You’re pale.” Sehun commented, the girl shrugged at him before getting in her car.

Sehun exhaled and faced the shop’s window again, Soojin was still talking with the newcomer. Well, newcomer to him. Sehun puffed his cheeks before heading inside the shop again.

 

 

Ahyoung was standing by the photocopying machine when her colleague came rushing into the room, the lady even almost tripped.

“Hey!” Ahyoung caught her by the arm before she could land flat on the floor.

“Y—You…You were here..all this time?” She was gasping for air, Ahyoung blinked in confusion and she tilted her head.

“Well, I needed to copy some papers to submit to the main office.” She explained, her workmate let out a big breath before speaking again.

“You have a guest, Ahyoung. And it’s not just anyone. He..He’s..the freaking Samsung prince!”

“Ah.” Ahyoung murmured as she gathered the papers in her arms.

“Ah? Our boss is running around back there, not knowing how to entertain him. And, you just…ah?”

“I’ll be right down. Give me a moment.” Ahyoung mused before leaving the room, she chewed on the insides of her cheek as she went to the elevator. Events from the party started to rewind in her head as she got inside the machine.

“He probably wants to talk about it.” She sighed, the doors pinged open and she could already hear her boss’s shrilly voice from down the hall. Ahyoung shrugged and made her way back to her cubicle, she broke into a small smile as she saw the familiar face.

“Miss Lee!” Her boss spoke, Ahyoung set the papers on her desk before turning to Suho.

“It’s fine, manager Seo. I’ll…entertain vice chairman Kim.” She said amiably, Suho smiled and thanked the lady as she left.

“Oppa, what brings you here? I mean, here..at my work.” She murmured, she felt Suho’s gaze on her and she took a seat.

“I wanted to check on you. You seemed really shocked at the party and, Jinyoung said some things that aren’t exactly pleasant.”

“Oh, and still we have people speculating why you two were in a brawl?” Ahyoung added, Suho winced but he nodded back.

“Don’t worry, your name wont pop up. I made sure of it.” He said softly, Ahyoung sighed and nodded.

“I know, oppa. Thanks.” She met his gaze before speaking again.

“But, I really am fine. I know that I need to talk to him at some point, but right now…I’d like to be as far from him as possible.”

“The more you avoid him, the more he’ll try to pull you to him.” Suho said, honest.

“I know. But, oppa, I feel like…I feel suffocated. He wants me to be this other person, become this big boss beside my father. But, that isn’t me.”

Suho nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“You don’t see yourself ever taking over?” He asked carefully, Ahyoung pursed her lips.

“I do, but…at my own pace, oppa. And I know it sounds bad, but I like having my freedom and doing my own thing.”

“It’s not bad, Ahyoung-ah. It’s something most people should be able to understand. You shouldn’t be forced into doing things you don’t like.”

“If only Jinyoung understood me like you do, oppa. Then, it would be perfect, right?” She said lightly as she stood up, Suho’s brows rose but he nodded back.

“I’ll go get you cheap instant coffee. I’ll be right back.” Ahyoung said playfully before leaving him, Suho let out a breath and leaned back on his seat again.

He doesn’t deserve you.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++