045

New Faces

 

 

Soojin chewed on her lower lip as her mother chatted with Sehun and mister Oh. She was standing from across the pool, not wanting to join the conversation. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to join them, and get teased again.

“I just don’t understand how he can be so calm about everything.” Soojin mumbled to herself.

“That’s the beauty of being Oh Sehun.”

Soojin turned, Seri was grinning at her..

“Seri~”

“He’s always been the calm and voice of reason in our group. He might come off as rude or elusive, but he’s not. He’s just not a talker.”

“I noticed that. How did you ever put up with him, Shin Seri?”

“Don’t change the topic. I’m just really happy you accepted him, Soojin-ah. I’ve always been a little worried over him after what happened, but ever since you,” She took a quick sip of her juice.

“He’s become a lot more open and…expressive, thanks for that.”

“Don’t say that.” Soojin grimaced at her words, Seri laughed and hooked arms with the girl.

“I mean it, I’m thankful we became friends, but I think I’m a lot more thankful for your iced coffee.” She said lightly as she leaned her head against the girl’s arm.

“Well, that’s nice. Thanks, pregnant lady.” Soojin chuckled in response and patted her friend’s stomach.

“I’m happy for you and Chanyeol, Seri. Congratulations.”

“Congratulations too, now you are about to cornered by the elders.” Seri mused before leaving the girl, Soojin finally looked up and realized that her mother and Mrs. Oh were walking towards her.

“Seri, wait~” She glanced behind her, Seri was already making her way towards the house.

 

 

Ahyoung looked at the glass of champagne in her hand before speaking.

“Why aren’t you speaking?”

Suho turned to her with wide eyes, the girl grinned at him.

“I don’t know what to say, you found about Jinyoung then, I feel bad for not…being able to tell you. I was worried you’d be mad at me. At us.” He said softly, Ahyoung shook her head.

“It’s all in the past, oppa. And, it’s been so hectic lately that I almost forget what has been going on.”

“Liking your new job so far?” He asked with a grin, Ahyoung shook her head while laughing.

“It will take a lot of getting used to, oppa. It’s not easy.”

“I don’t think it should be. But, I know you’ll do a great job with it. I know you.”

“Really?” Ahyoung mused at him, the male nodded back at her. The girl paused realizing how weird it was.

Weird in the sense that talking to him was easier than conversing with her other friends, even Soojin. Her forehead creased for a moment.

She had always labeled him as comfortable. But, at the same time, he also made her nervous, because Suho had always been put together, he knew what he was doing and somehow, he always had control over things. She may have joked about calling him a Disney prince, but in reality, there was some truth it. She glanced at him briefly and puffed her cheeks.

And she could never explain why, but she liked talking to him.

“Right, I hate to talk about work right now, but we have that meeting with the press next week. Apparently, this project has gained interest because the new ShinHan director has everyone curious.” Suho said, he glanced up, noticing that people were starting to walk towards the house. He gently pulled the girl aside, Ahyoung tensed as his fingers wrapped around her wrist.

“I heard about it, I was hoping Samsung prince could stop it.”

“Oh, I don’t have the power to do that.” Suho chuckled, the girl smiled to herself.

“Now, I’m worried.” She said jokingly, Suho just gently guided her towards the house with a smile.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there.”

 

Seri glanced at her mother and mother-in-law as they placed bets on what the baby’s gender would be. They were talking about it over lunch and the girl could only sigh.

“What’s bothering you?”

She turned, Sehun was standing beside her.

“Why aren’t you eating?” He asked, noticing her empty plate. Seri shook her head and set it down on the table.

“I’m sleepy, and I want to lie down somewhere, but I might come off as rude.”

Sehun chuckled and made her sit down, on one of the empty seats.

“Soojin was a little antsy about your parents meeting here, how did it go?” She asked as Chanyeol joined them with a plate filled with food.

“Eomma was a little too excited, auntie Jung was surprised by it. But, she…she was okay. I guess.” Sehun trailed off, Chanyeol grinned at his cousin.

“Is our Oh Sehun worried that the Jungs might not like him for their one and only daughter?” Seri hummed as she picked up a piece of roasted beef from her husband’s plate.

“Seri~”

“Don’t worry, Oh Sehun. Things are going to work out, and I know for sure that they like you. Come on, they’ve seen you grow up to be this perfect little grouch who runs Samsung~”

“Hyung, your wife!” Sehun groaned, Seri laughed and took a small sip of her juice.

“Go join the table, Soojin’s probably confused that she got seated with the Samsung elders.” Chanyeol mused, Seri winked at him.

“I don’t know if it’s the pregnancy, but you’ve become a bigger bully.” Sehun grumbled as he stood up.

“It’s just me, don’t worry.” Seri mused back, Sehun rolled his eyes and left them.

“Bully him later, we have to get some food in you.” Chanyeol said, the girl scrunched her nose at him.

“But, I don’t~”

“I ordered takeout, it will be here soon.”

“H—How did you know?” Seri blinked at him, stunned that he knew what she had been thinking.

“How could I not?” Chanyeol snorted and kissed her cheek.

 

 

Ahyoung exhaled as she stepped out to the patio, she had discreetly left the crowd and wandered into the house, looking for a little peace and quiet.

She leaned against the railings and looked at the party below, people were still chatting away and congratulating Seri with warmth.

“Why are you up here?” Soojin playfully wrapped one arm around her neck, Ahyoung smiled before shaking her away.

“I needed some…air.”

“Sure.” Soojin mused, Ahyoung turned to her friend with a questioning look.

“You’re avoiding, Ahyoung.”

“Too much human contact can get tiring, you’re right. I’m glad auntie seems to be okay with you and Sehun.”

“She was very open about how she was praying that I’d end up dating with someone she knows too, I don’t know what to make of it. The Ohs seems to be unsurprised.”

“Do you actually think that the elders don’t talk to each other behind our backs?” Ahyoung laughed, Soojin shook her head and leaned her elbows on the railings.

“But, Ahyoung-ah,”

“Hmm?” The girl hummed back as she admired the view of the lawn, Soojin smiled to herself before speaking again.

“Why?”

“Why, what?”

“Why are you avoiding him?”

Ahyoung turned her head to her friend, stunned.

“What are you talking about?”

“Seri didn’t have to tell me anything, but I heard you on the phone earlier. You were asking your secretary if you could assign the handling of the Samsung project to one of your many branch heads.”

Ahyoung’s eyes widened, Soojin was smiling as she looked on at the party.

“You heard that?”

“Yeah, I didn’t mean to, but I saw you looking all distressed and worked up.”

Ahyoung looked at palms and let out a small sigh.

“I don’t know what to make of it, Soojin-ah.”

Soojin remained quiet, wanting her friend to continue.

“He makes me nervous. It bothers me.”

“Disney prince?” Soojin said, Ahyoung nodded and leaned against the railings instead, her back was facing the party.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. But, I don’t want to be that girl who starts on liking another guy when she just got out of a relationship.”

“Why not? There’s nothing bad with that.”

“Jung Soojin, you~”

Soojin chuckled before facing her friend.

“I may not be an expert, but Jinyoung was an . He didn’t deserve you, but that doesn’t mean you should be doing this to Disney prince.”

“What?”

“There’s nothing bad about liking other people, Ahyoung. You’re single now.”

“I told you, I just got out~”

“I heard that, but, do you really need to get over someone who didn’t even take you seriously? Does he deserve that much?”

Ahyoung pursed her lips, Soojin playfully nudged her.

“Go out and have fun, Ahyoung-ah. And,”

“If he makes nervous,”

Ahyoung grimaced and looked away from her friend.

“Then, that’s a good thing.”

"It doesn't feel like it is." Ahyoung shrugged, she was toying with her bracelet.

"Come on, you don't even really know how you feel about the guy yet, why shut it down?"

"As if he would look at me? He probably sees me like someone he has to work with. A colleague." Ahyoung shot back, Soojin her lips before speaking.

"You know what,  he doesn't look at you like that."

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++