013

New Faces

 

Soojin tilted her head as they stopped before the tall wooden doors before them, they were at the area of the hotel where not a lot of people passed by.

And she should be worried, she was walking around a hotel, alone with a man she barely knew.

But she wasn’t worried. She wasn’t bothered. Not at all.

Sehun walked towards the door and gave it slight a push, he turned to her.

“This is supposed to be closed till tomorrow, but,” Sehun glanced at her, he shrugged before pushing the doors further. Soojin walked towards him and she paused, the room was decorated in candy. Giant lollipops, gum balls, cotton candy and the walls were covered in different plushies.

“Did…a unicorn puke all over the room?” She blurted out, Sehun chuckled and gestured for her to go inside, Soojin looked around in awe, there was a stage being built in the middle of the room and she tilted her head.

“Is..that..a ramp? Like a runway?” She spoke, Sehun shut the doors behind him and nodded back at her.

“Some young designer will be showcasing his work here tomorrow, the room was decorated just for him.”

“And his market is…a bunch of kids?” Soojin grew amused, she walked towards one of the walls and took a closer look at the cute unicorn plushie. She blinked when she realized it was Gucci.

“Yeah,” Sehun replied, she glanced at him, he was making his way towards the ramp and leaned over to examine the wooden plank.

“What?” She blurted out, Sehun turned to her and smiled at her.

“I figured you needed some air, the party was a bit suffocating, huh?”

“Uhm, my parents were very adamant about introducing me to everyone. It was tiring.” She murmured as she sat down on one of the golden chairs.

“I’ve known your parents since I was a kid, but, how come I’ve never met you?” Sehun suddenly asked, Soojin looked at him, he was leaning against the ramp, his hands buried in his pant pockets.

“I don’t usually join them.”

“Why?” He asked, his tone revealing how curious he was. Soojin knew he wasn’t judging her, he just wanted to know. And that was something new to the Hyundai heiress, most people chastised her for not being interested with her family’s large corporation.

“But first you have to tell me why a fashion designer who can afford to book this hall, has young kids as his target market,” She said lightly, Sehun broke into a smile, he walked over to her and pulled one of the chairs.

He ended up sitting right across the girl, he paused for a brief moment and quickly shook off his jacket.

“First, I wasn’t joking,” He said lightly as he put his tuxedo jacket across her lap, Soojin swallowed and nodded back.

“He designs clothes for children, and most parents would splurge on his pieces. Now, may I know why you never joined your parents?”

Soojin chewed on her lower lip and placed both of her palms on her lap, feeling the smooth texture of his jacket.

“I never saw it as a burden, but I’ve always wanted to make a name on my own. To establish something and to work with what I love.”

“Coffee. You love coffee.” Sehun said, she nodded back.

“It’s just sad that you didn’t fall in love with cars or motor parts, would have been a perfect match.” He said jokingly, Soojin couldn’t help but narrow her eyes at him. He let out a chuckle before standing up.

“I’ll ask the waiter to bring us some food here.”

“You---You can do that?” Soojin balked at him, Sehun looked at her, confused.

“This hotel is owned by Seri’s family.” He stated, as if his reply explained everything. Soojin paused, and it did.

Sehun was one of the Samsung princes. He was powerful and respected. He was made for his status too, tall and good looking. He was quiet and polite.

How was he made? What did his parents do to give birth to a son like that?

How unfair. How terrifying.

“He sounds like a threat and he looks like one.”

 

 

“And we have Sehun and Soojin disappearing on us, perfect.” Seri murmured as she begun eating, Suho glanced at her and grinned.

“Right, Seri-ah,”

The girl nodded for him to continue, Suho his lips before speaking.

“How are you acquainted with Park Jinyoung?”

“Park Holdings? Work, duh, oppa.” She shrugged at him, Suho exhaled and nudged her shoulder.

“We met through this conference years back, I think I was still a fresh graduate that time.”

“That time? Was that after or before..?”

“Before, I think. Why?” Seri asked, she turned to him. Suho pursed his lips and nodded back at her.

“Nothing, I just didn’t expect you’d be friends with him. You don’t usually hang out…with other people.”

“Wow, was that a jab at me?” She said dryly, Suho laughed and gestured for her to continue eating.

“I didn’t know he was the guy Ahyoung’s been seeing. What a small world, huh?”

“Y—Yeah.” Suho mumbled back, Seri looked up and spotted Ahyoung and Jinyoung.

“They do look great together. Jinyoung has this look, you know. He’s actually very princely~”

“Do I need to remind you who you are?” Suho asked, his tone gentle but firm. Seri rolled her eyes at him.

“I was just trying to say how compatible they are. Ahyoung has this fresh and vibrant vibe that makes you want to be friends with her. And that compliments Jinyou~“

“Finish your food, Seri. You said you wanted to go home early,” Suho quipped, Seri pursed her lips at him.

“But I want to hang out with my friends tonight, oppa.” She said to him, Suho sighed and looked at her.

“Take Sehun with you.”

“Ew, Sehun’s probably taken by now.” She added jokingly, Suho ignored her comment and went back to eating. He heard Jinyoung laughing from the other table and he slowly shook his head.

He can’t let Seri be around someone like him. And it was probably best to avoid Ahyoung, he didn’t want to cause the girl trouble. It was safer if he wasn’t around the girl too much, he didn’t like how burdened he felt.

 

Suho stepped out the restroom and picked up his ringing phone.

“Hyung,” The caller spoke, he straightened his tie before speaking.

“Where are you? I came with Seri tonight.”

“I know, she told me. I just wanted to tell you about that ShinHan Banking project, I already forwarded all the documents to you, and,”

“Wait, I changed~”

“I have also gotten in contact with their side and informed that you would be taking over for me instead.” The younger male said cheerfully, Suho could hear the soft purr of an engine in the background, he realized that his cousin was driving.

“Y—You already told them? But, why?” He echoed as he leaned against the hall, Suho shook his head.

“I did. I mean, it was the polite thing to do. Isn’t that the standard protocol, hyung?” The male sounded surprised by his reaction, Suho mentally sighed.

“Are you already in town?”

“I landed a few hours ago, I’ll pick up Seri in a bit. How was the party, hyung?”

“It was fine, will I see you at work on Monday?”

“Yes, Sehun and I already spoke about Duty Free Shilla thing. It wont get in the way again.” The young male said good-naturedly, Suho saw Sehun and Soojin walk towards the lobby and he nodded.

“Hyung, are you okay? You don’t sound so good.”

“I’m fine, I just~” Ahyoung appeared the by the doors, she was checking her reflection through her phone screen. Suho turned away, his forehead creasing.

“Come by and pick up your wife. She misses you.”

“I’m already on my way, hyung. Thanks for keeping her safe.”

 

 

“It wasn’t that bad, right?” Sehun asked as they reached the lobby, Soojin grew amused and looked at him.

“You basically made me miss the whole party.”

“But, what did you really miss? All the fun?” He replied dryly, she laughed.

“Good point, but Ahyoung’s probably wondering where I went.”

“I saw her with Park Jinyoung of Park Holdings, is he the one you called total bull~”

“Oh Sehun!” She exclaimed before looking around them, guests of the party were already starting to leave, Sehun laughed at her reaction.

“You don’t like him.”

“Obviously, and you don’t have to let the whole world know.” She muttered back as she ran her fingers through her hair. His forehead creased nothing one strand sticking out by the side of her head.

“I’ve met him before, he seems nice.” He said, distracted.

“Nice? He’s very~” Sehun suddenly reached out to fix the her hair, not realizing how close he was to the girl.

Soojin halted, her eyes widening, and then Sehun pulled back with a small smile.

“I had to fix that. You were saying?” He met her gaze evenly, Soojin looked away and shook her head.

“Nothing. Here,” Soojin shook off his jacket from her shoulders, Sehun took it from her.

“Thanks for that secret hang out, Sehun-ssi. I had a nice time.” She said softly, Sehun nodded back at her.

“You can just call me by my name, speak comfortably.”

“Then, call me Soojin, then.” She spoke, her eyes went to the elevator just as Seri stepped out of the doors.

“Got it.” Sehun replied as he put his jacket back on, he followed Soojin’s gaze.

“Shin Seri,” He called for the girl. Seri looked up and smiled at them, the SK Telcom executive was about to approach them when suddenly her eyes went to the doors.

She paused and looked at her friends again.

“I have to go. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” She mouthed before padding towards the doors instead, Soojin watched as the girl approached the black Maserati parked outside. Seri waved at them before getting inside the car.

“Seri loves to go home early, don’t mind her.” Sehun mused as he offered his arm to her, Soojin’s brows rose and she linked arms with him.

Why isn’t he concerned about her going home alone?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++