016

New Faces

 

 

 

“Soojin, right? So, you’re friends with my wife, wow.”

Ahyoung was still staring at the male as he stretched his hand to Soojin, Seri was smiling as the two shook hands.

“You two know each other?” She chimed in, Chanyeol nodded back.

“P—Photography club back in college.” Soojin blinked, Ahyoung could see that her friend was just as shocked as she was, Seri took a small sip from her drink.

“I didn’t know you two were friends, it’s been a while.” Chanyeol said amiably, then his warm eyes went to Ahyoung.

“This is Lee Ahyoung, we were classmates as well.” Seri spoke, the male smiled and offered his palm to her. Ahyoung nodded back and shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Chanyeol-ssi.”

“Just call me Chanyeol, it’s okay. Are we ready for lunch?”

The two girls watched as Chanyeol patted Seri’s shoulder, the latter nodded.

“We ordered food to be delivered here, do you have something else in mind?” She asked as she slid down from her seat, Chanyeol shook his head.

“No, anything’s fine.” He murmured back as they walked towards their table, he had one arm around the girl as they approached Sehun and Suho.

Seri was smiling as the tall male spoke in low tones and she would occasionally squeeze his arm as they spoke.

“I—I think we misjudged her.” Soojin murmured, Ahyoung turned to the girl.

“You think?” She was amused, Soojin shook her head and handed the girl her coffee.

“Seri’s married. Wow. To that Samsung prince.” Soojin said as she jutted her lips towards Chanyeol, Ahyoung chuckled and picked up her drink. Her eyes went to Suho, it was strange how quiet he had been ever since they arrived. He only spoke a couple of words to her earlier, the usual social niceties. He was always so polite and proper.

But it felt like something was wrong.

Even last night at the party, he looked odd.

“Hey, quit staring at the Disney prince.” Soojin nudged her, Ahyoung slapped her arms.

“I wasn’t staring.”

“Sure.” Soojin said dryly, and then Sehun suddenly stood up from their table, they turned just to see Seri chasing him with a bread knife.

“Come back here!” Seri exclaimed, Sehun was chuckling as he jogged away from her.

“And to think we thought they were a thing.” Ahyoung laughed.

 

 

Sehun looked at Soojin as the girl took the seat across him.

“This is like a thanksgiving lunch. We survived babysitting Seri.” He joked, Chanyeol grinned at him.

“You were away for a long time, sunbae?” Soojin spoke, Chanyeol nodded at her.

“I was in Japan for work. There was no way of avoiding it.” He replied as he put some bits of beef on Seri’s plate.

“I thought Jinyoung was joining us, Ahyoung-ssi,” Sehun asked the girl, Ahyoung looked up from her plate and shook her head.

“He had to cancel. Something came up to work.” Ahyoung replied, Sehun was about to turn to his cousin when he noticed Soojin smiling to herself. His lips curled up and he shook his head.

“Oppa, why are you so quiet? Do you not like the food?” Seri spoke, her eyes were on Suho.

Soojin leaned back on her seat and looked at Sehun across her, he was already eating and he would take small sips of cola as he munched on. Her forehead creased, he was dressed rather simply today. A nicely fitting navy blue suit and tie, his coat hung on the chair behind him and he head rolled up his sleeves to his elbows.

And yet he still manages to stand out.

She scrunched her nose and looked away, but she felt someone nudge her shoe. She looked at him again, worried that he caught her staring.

“Are you happy?” He mouthed, Soojin blinked at him.

“What?” She mouthed back.

“Total bull isn’t here.”

“Don’t!” She blurted out, all eyes went to her, Chanyeol’s brows went up.

“Don’t what, Sophia Jung?” Seri mused as she transferred the bits of carrot onto Chanyeol’s plate. Soojin’s eyes went to Sehun again, he was grinning at her.

“N—Nothing,” She blurted out quickly.

"Definitely nothing." Sehun nodded along, Soojin puffed her cheeks and sent him a look.

 

 

Ahyoung watched as Seri nudge Suho after speaking with Soojin.

“I’m fine, Seri. I’ve been really busy with work lately, that’s all.” He spoke, Seri frowned.

“I wont rush you with the contract. Sorry.” She frowned, the older smiled.

“It’s nothing like that.” He simply said while patting her hand.

Ahyoung saw Chanyeol turn his head towards the male, she leaned back on her seat. Looking at them now, it wasn't hard to see the dynamics of their relationship. Sehun and Seri were best friends, they argued like siblings and you'd think one of them was going to blow up. But, no.  While Suho was the older brother, he kept everyone in place and quite possibly, he was the referee.

“So, you’re telling me your friends didn’t know about us?” Chanyeol spoke, Ahyoung nodded back at him.

And this other tall Samsung prince is Seri's husband. They are family.

“Right, you never told us you were married.” Soojin chimed in, Ahyoung looked at the girl.

“I mean, how does one bring that up? Did you want me to use that instead of saying hi first?” Seri spoke, confused.

“It’s a usual thing for you not to go with the norm anyway, so why not?” Sehun replied from his seat, Seri narrowed her eyes at him.

“Next time, I’ll go with, “Hi, I’m already married. Nice to bump into you again, friends”.” Seri shot back, Soojin laughed.

“Do you not like the food?” Ahyoung spoke softly, Suho met gazes with her and he shook his head.

“I thought you weren’t feeling well last night. I guess I’m right.” She spoke, Suho looked away, she noticed how his forehead creased.

“You are. I’m not feeling so well.” Suho blurted out, he slowly stood up from his seat.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol looked at him, Suho quickly grabbed his jacket.

“I—I have to go, I’m sorry. I don’t feel so well.” Suho stated.

“Oppa, are~”

“I’m fine, Seri. Enjoy your lunch.” Suho bowed politely before making his way towards the doors. Ahyoung watched as the older male got in his car and sped away.

“Don’t worry, he has his days.” Seri commented before going back to her food.

 

 

Suho puffed his cheeks as soon as he was out of the shop, he took out his car key fob. He ed his coat as he walked towards his car, but he paused when his phone started to ring in pocket.

“Sir, it’s regarding the KI Oil deal you asked about,” It was his secretary, he hummed back, signaling for the male to continue.

“I’ve already submitted the files, they’re on your desk, sir.”

“How about the reports I asked from the PR department?” He replied as he leaned against the car’s side.

“They already sent it to you via email, sir.”

Suho nodded and before putting his phone away, he got inside his car and started the engine. His phone pinged and he took it out from his coat pocket, his brows rose as he realized whom it was from.

Sunbae, can we meet up? You can set when and where. – Park Jinyoung

Suho scrunched his nose and stared at the screen.

“He’s being desperate. Pathetic.” He stated before typing in a reply.

I’m busy. Is it urgent?

His phone started to ring and Jinyoung’s name flashed on the screen, Suho exhaled, he started the car before answering.

“Sunbae, there’s this thing,” Jinyoung begun without saying hello. Suho chcked his sidemirror before speeding away from the building.

“I know what you want to talk about, and truthfully it’s none of my business, Jinyoung-ah.”

“Sunbae~”

“So, you can stop hiding behind other people's cars and cancelling on your girlfriend at the last minute."

“S—Sunbae, earlier, did you see~”

“There’s no need for you to call me regarding this matter again.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++