001

New Faces

“Wouldn’t that be too much?”

The girl standing by the rows and rows of men’s wear turned her head, offended.

No, really really offended.

“Oppa, you asked me to come with you because you needed my help. And now, I’m doing~”

“I know, but, these?” He raised the small box he was holding, the girl rolled her eyes and walked towards him.

“These are just ear cuffs, oppa.” She explained as she took out the pieces from the box.

“How about these, young miss?” A sales associate approached them, the male looked up.

“Oppa, are you okay with beige for your shirt inside? You look good in neutrals.”

The handsome male smiled back in return.

“Please have them tailored to his size,” She said as she pointed towards the two-piece suit across the dressing room.

“For shoes,”

The older male actually let out a sigh.

“Hey, you do know that men’s wear is a lot more complicated than women’s, right?”

“I know, come on.” He offered his arm to her, the girl smiled and simply hooked arms with him.

“How’s work lately? You’ve been travelling a lot.”

“Well, work’s been the same, Kim Junmyeon-ssi. Thanks for bringing up such a nice topic while we’re out shopping.” She said dryly, he laughed.

“I’m just worried about you, you keep on flying out. Take care of your health.” He explained, the girl made a face at him.

“I’m fine, but, oh!” She suddenly squealed before unlatching herself from Junmyeon, he watched as the girl padded towards the Balmain boutique.

“Seri-yah, wait~”

Seri shoved a pair of black patent shoes before him.

“Now, this is perfect for you. Come on.” She was beaming as she dragged the older male to the counter.

 

 

“Miss Lee?”

The girl behind the desk looked up and she smiled.

“A package just arrived for you,” Her co-worker said with a grin, she nodded and thanked the lady before standing up.

She made her way out towards the main floor and paused when she noticed the delivery man, he was carrying a huge bouquet of posies.

“Miss Lee Ahyoung?” He asked her, the girl nodded back, surprised.

“Have a nice day.” He greeted as he handed her the flowers, Ahyoung could feel the gazes on her and some of her workmate started to .

She walked back to her office and plucked out the card from the flowers.

“It’s Jinyoung.” She murmured as she opened the piece of paper.

Hey, sorry I can’t make it tonight.

I had to fly to China this morning.

Love you.

-Jinyoung

She puffed her cheeks and looked around, searching for a vase. She took out her phone and checked her messages.

“He could have called me or something.” She said with a smile before sitting down, she glanced at the flowers again.

“Miss Lee?”

She looked up from her phone.

“You’re needed at the first floor, we’re having some connection issues with the system.”

The girl nodded back, she fixed her hair before tucking her phone in her pocket.

“Is this about the line again? We’ve been having problems with our incoming calls to the branch.” She said as she walked with the male.

“It could be, and,”

“Yes?”

“Happy birthday, miss Lee.”

 

 

“Soojin-ah!”

The girl halted and dropped her hand away from the doorknob, she saw her mother going down the steps.

“We’re meeting the Jangs later for dinner, so make sure to wear something nice, alright?”

“The Jangs? KI Oil Jangs?” She bit back a snort, her parent nodded back.

“But appa said that it was a business meeting, why do~”

“Jung Soojin.” Her mother sent her look, she sighed and shrugged.

“I’ll be there, mother.”

“Wearing the dress I bought you yesterday.” The lady finished for her, Soojin grimaced and at the same time her mother also grimaced at her get up.

Dark skinny jeans, an oversized sweater and her pair of trusty Converses.

“I’ll see you later!” Soojin blew her a kiss before running out of the house, not wanting to give her mother chance to reprimand her again.

She hopped in the Audi R8 and sped out of the Jung property, her phone started to ring.

“Hey,” She answered.

“It’s me, are you busy?”

“Right now? I’m on my way to work, what’s up?”

She heard Ahyoung let out a small sigh.

“Is everything alright?” Soojin frowned, sensing her friend’s mood.

“Yeah, it’s just that…it’s my birthday, and I know I should have made plans with friends. But Jinyoung,”

Soojin rolled her eyes at the mention of the male’s name.

“What happened to Jinyoung?” She asked as she stepped on the gas.

“Well, we had plans for tonight, but he had to fly to China.”

Soojin nodded along, waiting for the girl to continue.

“Oh, so now you call me because I’m your backup plan? Wow, ouch, Lee Ahyoung.” She murmured, the girl let out a small laugh.

“You know I don’t mean it that way. Dinner with me? The least you can do is bring me a cake.” She offered, Soojin snorted.

“Just text me where, I’ll be there.”

“Great!” Ahyoung cheered, Soojin shook her head. Her friend deserved someone better, someone consistent.

“Happy birthday, Ahyoung-ah.” She hummed before ending the call.

 

 

“See, it wasn’t so bad.”

“Seri, that was three hours.” Junmyeon mused as he patiently waited for the girl to finish choosing a cologne.

“I want you to smell nice. I mean, well, you always smell nice. But,”

“You sound creepy, keep your thoughts to yourself.” He joked, Seri looked at him wanly.

“Cologne is also important, oppa. You got to look good and smell good. Duh.”

Junmyeon didn’t argue, but he did notice the two males who were eyeing the girl’s legs as she bent over to check the displays. He exhaled before moving closer to her, shielding their view of the girl.

“What are you looking at? Her legs?” A voice asked from across the store, Junmyeon actually winced, he knew that voice.

Seri peeled her gaze away from the colognes as a tall male approach the group, he was eyeing the two men.

“We—We weren’t~”

“Sure, then, were you staring at his legs instead?” He countered as he nodded towards Junmyeon beside him.

“Oh Sehun.” Junmyeon murmured as he looked around them.

“Hyung, they were staring at your lovely gams, and not at Seri’s, who’s wearing a skirt. How strange.” He said conversationally, the two males grew squeamish and they left the store.

“Meeting finished early?” Seri asked as she looked at him, Sehun nodded back at her.

“Have you been fed yet?” Sehun asked her.

“We were about to eat, but what do you think?” She raised two bottles, Junmyeon looked on, amused.

“The orange one, powdery scents can be too overpowering.” Sehun took the Fendi shopping bag from her.

“I’ll reserve us a table at our usual.” Sehun bumped fists with her before leaving. Junmyeon nudged the girl, urging her to move forward.

“So, oppa,” She begun as they walked towards the counter.

“Hmm?” Suho leaned his head down to hear her clearly.

“Were they really staring at your legs?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++