Nightmares Part 1

The Great Ones

Ryujin peeked her head out from behind the couch. Just as she did, a bolt of lightning shot at her. She barely missed it, her hair getting burnt in the process. She shrieked and patted the smoke out of her hair. She rolled her eyes and groaned. 

“Any time now, Yoongi!” Ryujin called, cowering behind the couch. 

A man with four red eyes, pale skin and dark red hair crept up to the couch. He leaned over it to look down on Ryujin, who smiled at him. The man opened his mouth and out shot a razor sharp tongue, it grazed Ryujins cheek as she attempted to roll away.

Suddenly a ball of fire collided with the mans chest, sending him flying into the wall behind him. The painting he crashed into destroyed in the process.

Ryujin turned to Yoongi, who was standing behind her. “Woozi is going to kill you. That was his favorite painting.”

Yoongi helped Ryujin up, then closed his eyes to summon another fireball to his hand. “I hated that painting anyway.”

”Look at you, getting the hang of fire.” Ryujin teased, nudging him. 

Before the four eyed man could react, Yoongi threw the fireball at him. However, the man had just enough time to bat it aside to hit an adjacent wall. 

Woozi walked through the door, “I’m home!” He called out. Yoongi and Ryujin turned to him. The four eyed man took the opportunity to escape via window. The three ran to the window, but found no trace of the man. Woozi looked at his friends, “have fun?”

”Shut up.” Ryujin said.

”Who was that anyway?”

”Just a classic fire throwing and lightning wielding maniac. The usual.” Yoongi said nonchalantly.

Woozi nodded and walked off to his bedroom. Ryujin followed him while Yoongi stayed to clean up the mess.

Woozi set his phone, keys and wallet on his dresser before sitting on his bed to rub his eyes. Ryujin leaned against the doorframe and eyed him. 

“What?” Woozi said.

”How is your boyfriend?”

”He’s not my boyfriend.” Woozi rose and stretched his body, “but he is good. Why?”

”You know how long it took us to adjust to this life. Imagine how someone who isn’t like us would handle it. I’m just concerned.”

Woozi nodded and walked closer to her, “I know. He says he is fine, just worried for me mostly. He knows not to get involved if he can help it.”

”But that has happened twice already, the sandman and the siren. Remember?”

”Both of which came out of nowhere. We didn’t have time to prepare.” Woozi disappeared into his closet, “so does the red eyed man have a name?” He asked from his closet. 

“No.” Ryujin answered, swinging her foot lightly in the air in an arc. “Just appeared in my room while I was getting dressed. I held him off till Yoongi got home from some activity at college. Then you came home.”

Woozi came out of his closet in a shirt and jeans. “I call first watch tonight.”

”Whatever. Where are you going?”

”The mall, with Seongchul.”

Woozi walked to his dresser to grab his phone and wallet, stuffed them in his pockets then left the room. Ryujin followed behind him.

”And he’s not your boyfriend?”

”No.”

”So he is?”

”No. He is not my boyfriend!” 

“Touchy much?”

”Don’t make me freeze you.”

”Don’t make me force you to-“

”Don’t even finish that sentence.”

The two laughed and joined Yoongi in cleaning up before going their separate ways for the afternoon. 

Yoongi pulled into campus, parking his car near the entrance. He dialed a number on his phone.

”I’m here.” He said before hanging up.

A few seconds later, a woman dressed in a black shirt and grey sweatpants walked out of the library. She smiled when seeing Yoongi and entered his car. 

“Hey.” She said with a huge smile.

”Hey.”

”Nice conversation.” A unfamiliar voice added from the backseat. 

Yoongi turned to see the four eyed man smirking at him. Before either Yoongi or the woman could react, the man placed two fingers on Yoongi’s forehead. Yoongi slumped in his seat, unconscious. The man turned to the woman and opened his mouth, his tongue piercing her forehead. 

Somewhere in the nearby mall, Woozi stood awkwardly in the middle of a crowded mall. He didn’t dare look up from his phone half the time. 

“Hello.” 

Woozi turned, expecting to see Seongchul, and cams face to face with the four eyed man. The man tapped his two fingers on his forehead, catching the unconscious Woozi in his arms. 

“I need help!” He called out.

It didn’t take long for a security guard to come over and him and the unconscious Woozi to a room in the security hall. When the security guard looked away, the four eyed man incinerated him with a fireball.

Ryujin flipped through channels on the TV. She stopped at a reality show, grabbing a bowl of popcorn she had just made. 

On the TV, a woman had just called another woman a witch. Ryujin chuckled.

”I’ve met witches,” Ryujin turned towards the unfamiliar voice, finding the man standing behind her. “They are such easy prey. Especially good witches. Very yummy.” 

The four eyed man tapped his two fingers to Ryujin’s forehead. Ryujin dropped the bowl of popcorn, snoring peacefully in a deep sleep.