Powerless (Part 1)

The Great Ones

Woozi gestured his hands at Seongchul, freezing him. His boss was , after walking out of his bathroom purposely to freak out the boy after showering. 

Woozi took a deep breath then walked into the bathroom. He came back out with a towel and wrapped it around Seongchul’s waist. Woozi returned to his original spot and unfroze him. 

Seongchul felt the towel around his waist then sighed. Woozi smiled bashfully then turned away. Seongchul crept up behind him and wrapped his arms around him. 

“I wish you couldn’t do that.”

”Do what?”

”Freeze people. Me, for the most part.”

”Why?”

”Because I want to see how you’d react naturally.” 

“Naturally, I’d freeze you.” Seongchul rolled his eyes then let go of Woozi. Woozi turned to face him. “I’m sorry.”

”Don’t be. You didn’t ask for this ability.” 

“But-“

”Stop it. I’m fine. I’m going to go change into clothes, then we can go for dinner.”

Seongchul kissed Woozi on the check then went into his bedroom.

”What time is our reservation?” Woozi asked.

Seongchul peeked his head out, half of a shirt on his body. “An hour from now.”

Woozi nodded. 

Meanwhile, Ryujin focused on to Onew. Suddenly, Onew rose from his chair and turned to Ryujin. 

“I’m going to the cafe, want something to drink or eat?”

”I’d love a latte and a bagel with butter.” Onew nodded and grabbed his phone. “Thank you.” Ryujin added. Ones nodded and walked to the front door, entered the code, then opened the door. 

Jiyoung watched the encounter, “I don’t get it.”

Ryujin turned to Jiyoung, “get what?” 

Jiyoung motioned to where Onew was, “he never asked anyone when he decided to go out before.” Next, Jiyoung motioned to Wongyeol. “He hasn’t had a behavior in months.” Jiyoung chuckled, “is god watching over us?” 

Ryujin smiled then shrugged, “Maybe.” 

Back at the house, Yoongi dove under the kitchen table. A knife was thrown from somewhere, barely missing Yoongi. 

Yoongi conjured a ball of fire then rose from under the table. A woman wearing only a towel around her torso, reaching just past her knees, wielded a knife in her hand. 

“Should have known you were one.” Yoongi muttered.

The woman threw the knife from her hand at Yoongi, who countered with the fireball. The knife disintegrated in the fire. 

The woman snapped her fingers, another knife materialized in her hand. Yoongi created another ball of fire. 

“Die!” The woman screamed before lunging at him, throwing her knife in the process. 

Yoongi threw the fireball, missing the woman entirely. The woman reached him, grabbing ahold of Yoongi’s throat and pinned him against a wall. 

Yoongi placed his hands over the woman’s. The woman began to squeeze. Yoongi squeezed as tight as he could, trying to trigged his disintegration power. 

“Die” The woman said in a hushed tone. 

“You first.” Yoongi said as he finding the trigger. 

The woman immediately disintegrated. Her remains falling to the floor. Yoongi slid down the wall and sighed with relief. He got up a second later and went over to a cupboard. 

“Now, do I want ramen or Mac n’ cheese?” Yoongi said to himself as he opened the cupboard. He chose ramen then went over to the stove.  

Yoongi turned the dial to light the fire, but found it not working. Yoongi first gathered the pot to boil the ramen, a bowl and chopsticks, and the package of ramen. Yoongi snapped his fingers to create a small flame. He then poured water into the pot, and put his lit flame’d finger under the pot. He willed the flame to increase in heat. Suddenly the water began to boil at a fast rate. He set the pot onto the stovetop, moved the flame from his finger to under the small space between the pot and the stovetop burned, then dropped the brick of ramen into the boiling water. 

“I love my power.” 

Later that night, The three housemates sat together in the living room. Yoongi played with a small flame in his fingers, and Woozi and Ryujin watched TV.

Suddenly, the flame Yoongi was playing with froze. At first, Yoongi didn't notice it, but when he finally realized what was happening, the flame suddenly went out. 

Yoongi turned to Woozi, "Why did you freeze my fire?"

Woozi looked away from the TV, "What?"

"The fire I was playing with."

"I didn't do anything to your fire."

"Well, who else can freeze things."

"Actually," Ryujin added. She held up a finger. "Woozi freezes people, not things."

Yoongi ignored Ryujin's comment and snapped his fingers. Nothing happened. Yoongi tried again, but no fire appeared. 

Woozi continued to eye Yoongi, "What are you doing?"

"I can't summon fire." Yoongi answered, starting to finger snap more intensely.

"What?'

Yoongi pointed at Woozi, 'T-try to freeze me!"

Woozi gave Yoongi a look before flicking his hands at Yoongi, but the firestarter didn't freeze. Woozi tried again, but nothing happened.

"Okay," Woozi rose from the couch. "I can't freeze."

"Can you read minds, Ryujin?" Yoongi asked, his voice becoming frantic.

"I still can't control it, so how would I know?" Ryujin said as she turned off the T.V. 

Woozi went to the front door and opened it. A woman walking her dog passed by. Woozi flicked his hands at her, but she didn't freeze. Woozi whimpered then closed the front door.

"Did we lose our powers?" Ryujin asked. Woozi shrugged. Yoongi groaned and ran a hand through his hair as he begun to pace. Ryujin turned towards Yoongi, "Will you stop?"

"You don't get it. If we don't have our powers, how will we protect ourselves from the monsters that attack us like everyday?!"

It didn't even cross Ryujin's mind. Woozi sighed. 

To make things worse, a woman appeared in front of the three. Her entire figure had a bright glow radiating from her body. Her hands were hidden in a white robe that covered her entire body. Her hair was a bright blonde, could be confused as white. It was tied into a tight bun.

"Hello," the woman greeted. Her voice was soft, like those who listened to it were covered in a warm fuzzy blanket as she spoke.

Ryujin rose from the couch, "Who are you?"

The three friends joined together. The woman looked around the living room, her expression not changing one bit as she glanced at the objects around.

When her gaze returned to the three, she smiled. "I came to reclaim my powers."

'Your powers?" Woozi said, taking a step forward.

"I thank you for keeping them safe, great ones. However, I must return above." The woman bowed her head then vanished in a pillar of light.

The three looked at one another before sighing.