Vessel (Part 1)

The Great Ones

Woozi knocked on the door to Yoongi’s hospital room. Yoongi looked over then nodded his head at him as a hello. Woozi entered, an unfamiliar woman followed behind him. 

Yoongi eyed her, “who’s that?” 

Woozi looked back at the girl then moved out of the way so Yoongi could get a better look. Woozi motioned his hand at her, “this is Chuu.” 

Chuu waved at Yoongi, “hi.” 

Yoongi waved back, “hey.”

Woozi patted one of the chairs around Yoongi’s bed for Chuu to sit in. Chuu sat down. Woozi sat in another seat. “We saved her from some masked man.” 

“And the masked man?”

”Escaped.”

Chuu shuddered at the mention of the masked man. Woozi noticed it then changed the topic, “when do you get out?”

”Not for a while. That er did a number on my ribs.” 

“You gonna’ heal fine?”

Yoongi nodded, “they said I should.” 

Woozi nodded then rose, “I’m going to leave Chuu here for a little. Ryu and I are going to try to find this masked man.” 

“How?” Yoongi said before taking a look at Chuu.

Woozi looked at Chuu for a second before flicking his hands as discretely as possible. Chuu froze, her hand just about to run through her hair. 

“Ryu developed a new ability.”

”She did?” 

Woozi nodded, “something like a premonition, but she physically experienced it as well. So maybe something that was astral projection, or astral vision, or something similar to that. I don’t know.” 

Yoongi gasped, “you don’t know?! Shocking.”

”Shut up.” 

“So what’s the story with this masked man? Monster? Demon?” 

“Something inhuman.” 

“How so?” 

“Didn’t stay frozen. Regular humans stay frozen for at least five minutes. I turned my back for less than a minute, and he was gone.” 

“And he’s after her?” Yoongi said as he motioned to Chuu. 

“We rescued her from him last night, and get this; remember the angel guy?” 

“Muscle man who Ryujin has an obvious crush on?” 

“Yep. She’s his stepsister.” 

“Stepsister?” 

“Wonho was married to her brother.” 

“Wow. Poor Ryujin.” Yoongi said with a chuckle. 

Woozi rolled his eyes before continuing, “I’m going to go find his husband. Maybe he can give me some names for the masked man.” 

“Have you asked Wonho?” 

“Ryujin is going to summon him when she gets home. You don’t mind watching her for a couple hours do you?” 

“I don’t mind. Go be a hero.” Yoongi said with a smile. 

“Ha ha. Thanks.” He raised his hand but stopped. “You weren’t facing towards me.” Yoongi looked at Chuu. Woozi flicked his hands and Chuu continued to run her hand through her hair. 

“You’ll be okay here, Chuu. Safer here than anywhere else. Ryu or I will come get you later, okay?” 

Chuu nodded. Woozi nodded back and gave Yoongi a look before leaving. 

Ryujin stared at the clock, it just struck two. She groaned. Onew eyed her.

Ryujin looked at a sleeping Wongyeol laying on the opposite couch. Onew sat beside her with his phone in his lap. 

“What’s your secret?” Onew asked.

”What?”

Onew motioned to Wongyeol, “He’s so calm when you’re here. Never causes any problems.” 

Ryujin eyed Wongyeol then shrugged, “I don’t know.” She did know. She was the reason for his calm demeanor. 

“You’re a witch.” Onew joked. 

“Hardly.” Ryujin joked back. “I’m more of a mind manipulater. I can read minds, control minds, and I can also see the past and present.” 

Onew eyed her then chuckled, “you sound so confident.” 

Ryujin shrugged before getting up from the couch. She stretched and went into the employee office to do paperwork. 

After completing paperwork, Ryujin swiveled in the chair until her relief came in. She didn’t say much before leaving. She returned home and immediately set up the ritual to summon an angel. 

A pillar of light appeared after completing the ritual and out stepped Wonho. 

“Yes?” 

“So we saved your sister. There was this masked man, but he got away.”

”Where is she?” Wonho said, looking around the room. “Is she okay?!” 

“She’s in the hospital with Yoongi. She’s safe.” 

Wonho nodded, “good.” 

“Another thing, the masked man was able to break out of Woozi’s freeze.” 

“I see. So he’s supernatural.”

”I’m going back there, where we found her, to try to get another vision or whatever it’s called.” 

“By yourself? What about the guys?” 

“Woozi is watching Chuu, and Yoongi is still in the hospital.” 

“Broke his ribs, correct?” 

“Yeah.”

”I can heal him if you’d like. Least an angel can do for you saving my sister.” 

“What about exposure? Imagine what the nurses would think, their patient suddenly all healed.” 

“Just a suggestion.” Wonho said in defense. 

Ryujin shook her head, “I can handle this.”

Wonho nodded and summoned a pillar of light. He nodded at Ryujin before entering the light. Ryujin gathered supplies, got into her car, then drove to the wharf. 

In the daylight, it wasn’t as creepy. A few fisherman were scattered around the area. Ryujin pulled over to the side of the road and locked her before walking up to the building. 

Ryujin focused on the first fisherman she saw. 

You don’t see me.

Ryujin walked right past the man, who didn’t even stop working. 

Ryujin looked ahead, focusing on another man who just noticed her. 

You don’t care I’m here. You have other things to do. 

The man straightened his posture and walked off. Ryujin made it inside the building, finding it only being occupied by two men. Ryujin was able to sneak past the two and enter the room Chuu was found in. She gently and slowly closed the door behind her. 

Ryujin looked around and took a step forward. She ran a hand over the wall as she made her way to the exact corner Chuu was tied up in. She crouched down and closed her eyes. She touched the ground. Nothing was happening. 

She sighed and rose. She went towards the closed door. As she grabbed the handle, the scent of vanilla and lavender filled her nose. She stopped her action and turned her head. Her vision blurred and before she knew it, she was outside. It was dark. She couldn’t move. A dark figure ran up from behind her, passing her without noticing her. It was the masked man; and as soon as he was there, he was gone. A sudden pop, the area around him distorting, and he was gone. Ryujin’s vision blurred and she was back in the room, her hand still on the door handle. 

Back at home, a few hours later, Ryujin and Woozi sat on the living room couch together. 

“Teleportation,” Ryujin said. 

“So is he a witch?”

”Maybe?” 

“Well, let’s say he is for right now. Just to give him a title.” 

“Did you talk to Wonho’s husband?”

”No. I realized I don’t know where he lives.” 

“Good job,” Ryujin teased. Woozi ignored her remark. “So, do you think he’s still after Chuu?” 

Woozi shrugged, “I don’t know. I’m not entirely sure why he kidnapped her in the first place.”

”I have a sneaking suspicion he’s the man I saw kill Wonho in my vision.” 

“Why do you say that? Just because he kidnapped Chuu?” Ryujin nodded. Woozi shrugged. “Did he teleport in your vision?” 

“No, but maybe he could but didn’t.” 

“I think we need to summon Wonho. He might be able to help us.” Woozi said. 

The two created the ritual and a moment later, Wonho stepped out from a pillar of light. He eyed the two. 

“Yes?” He said. 

“The man who killed you, did he have any powers?” 

Wonho shrugged, “I’m not sure.” 

Ryujin sighed, “well that gets us nowhere.” 

“Can I go? I have a-“

”Did you?” Woozi asked.  

“Yes. I had a power.”

”What? How?” Ryujin asked.

Wonho nodded, “believe me. I would be shocked to learn that too.” 

“Okay, but how?” Woozi added. 

“I didn’t know I had a power.”

”You didn’t know?” 

Ryujin could hear hesitation in Wonho’s running thoughts. “You aren’t telling us something.” 

“True. I am not.”

”Okay, well you got to tell us now. It might help us-“ 

“It will. However, it’s not something angels just tell. Especially when it’s supposed to be a secret. Oh, and Ryujin, don’t read my thoughts.” 

“Call it payback,” Ryujin answered with a smirk. 

“Touché.” Woozi stifled a laugh. Wonho sighed then nodded. He held out his hand to Ryujin. Ryujin looked at it. Wonho wiggled his hand slightly. Ryujin finally caught on and placed her hands on top his. 

The smell of vanilla and lavender filled Ryujin’s nose. Her vision blurred. When her vision returned, she was staring at a circular table with several men and woman standing around it. One man looked familiar, it was Wonho. 

Suddenly, one of the woman waved her hand at the center of the table. A holographic display appeared, and three familiar faces appeared. It was Woozi, Yoongi and Ryujin. Wonho clasped his hands together then pulled them apart, three glowing orbs appeared between his hands. The orbs gathered in one of his hands as he leaned into the holographic depictions of the three. He held out the hand with the orbs then sent the three orbs into the hologram. The scene shifted to the orbs traveling to the three friends. It was as if time stopped as each friend unknowingly absorbed the orbs into their body. Afterwards, Ryujin was back to watching the circle of angels. 

A man turned to Wonho, “Will they show the ability to access these powers?” 

Wonho shrugged, “I’m unsure. I’ll personally keep watch. If we are lucky, they will show no aptitude.”

”And if they do?” 

“Highly unlikely.” The oldest of the men answered. “None of our vessels have the strength to manipulate the abilities.” 

Suddenly, Ryujin was taken out from the vision. Her vision blurred and she awoke to being thrown against the wall by a strong force. It took her a moment to get her mind straight, and when she did she saw the masked man attacking Wonho and Woozi. 

Woozi flicked his hands, whelping in the process. The masked man frozen for a moment before beginning to break free. Wonho waved over Ryujin, who joined the two. Wonho summoned a pillar of light behind him  and pulled the two with him back. To Ryujin and Woozi their vision went white, and they had to cover their eyes to not go blind. A moment later, they were stepping out of the pillar into a familiar room. 

Ryujin looked around to see the circular table, and the faces of the angels she saw before around it. Woozi was confused however. 

“This is what I saw.” Ryujin commented.

”Wonho! You know you are not-“

”Not now, Jonghyun!” Wonho snapped. He gently pushed Ryujin and Woozi towards the table. “We were attacked by the masked man.” 

“And why are the three, two at this moment, not down there dealing with him? What if he finds us?!” Jonghyun yelled. 

“No one can find us,” one of the women added. She smiled at Ryujin and Woozi, “Hello, great ones.” 

“Great ones?” Woozi muttered. Ryujin shrugged. 

“Just a title she gave the three of you.” Wonho said. He waved his hand at an area and a wooden bench was conjured. “Sit.” 

Woozi and Ryujin did as they were told and sat down. Wonho sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

“So let me explain-“ Wonho said.

Ryujin rose, “mind if I explain? I think I get it.” 

The circle of angels looked at one another then to Wonho. Wonho eyed Ryujin for a moment then nodded. 

“You placed these orbs, filled with our powers, into us. However, just to store them, we weren’t supposed to have access to them.” 

“Smart girl.” Jonghyun said.

”She has visions.” Wonho said to him. 

“Seriously?” Woozi added. 

“Yes.” 

“Oh,” Woozi nodded. “But how does the masked man have the ability to teleport?”

Ryujin motioned to Wonho, “the masked man killed him, and stole it. He was able to access it somehow.” 

“And they made you into an angel to say sorry for putting a target on your back?” 

“No one should have known.” The female angel said. Ryujin and Woozi eyed her. “I’m Hani, by the way. It’s a pleasure.” She bowed her head at the two. 

“Why do these orbs exist in the first place?” Woozi asked. 

“They’ve always existed.” Wonho answered.

”I’m unsure why they need to know this.” Jonghyun added. 

“Because they know more than they should already.” Another voice answered. 

Wonho stiffened. A man with black hair tied into a man bun stepped into the room from somewhere unknown. His muscled body made Ryujin go red in the face. Woozi looked at his friend then rolled his eyes. The man eyed the two before looking at Wonho. 

“Introduce me.” The man said to Wonho. 

Wonho motioned to Ryujin and Woozi, “Ryujin, the one who controls minds and has visions, and Woozi, the freezer and barrier creator.” 

“Pleasure,” The man said with little care. “High angel Jaebum, if we are to share names.” 

Woozi smirked, “are you gay too? Because all the muscled guys Ryujin’s attracted to-“

Jaebum eyed Ryujin, who was elbowing Woozi, and scoffed. He walked forward to the two. 

“And these are the great ones, who deserve the power we didn’t mean to have them keep?” Jaebum snapped his fingers. Suddenly, two orbs popped out from Ryujin and Woozi. Jaebum held out his hand. However, the orbs didn’t move. A moment later, they absorbed back into the two. “Impossible.” Jaebum said. 

“High angel, we promised-“

”And I break promises. However, as you can tell, their powers have fused into their soul. Unfortunate.” 

“Still wanna jump him?” Woozi whispered to Ryujin, earning him another elbow to the side. 

“Send them back. Least they could do right now is kill this masked annoyance.” Jaebum said before vanishing. 

“Where did he go?” 

“Invisibility.” 

Woozi chuckled, “so he just walks out invisible.” A knock on the head startles him. 

“I’m still here,” Jaebum said right in Woozi’s ear. 

Woozi shivered feeling Jaebum’s breath tickle his skin. Woozi heard footsteps walk away from him after that. 

“You two should get back down there,” Wonho said. “Incase he goes after my sister or Yoongi.” 

Wonho waved his hand, summoning a pillar of light. Woozi and Ryujin entered it and next thing they knew, they were back in their living room. The masked man was nowhere to be seen. 

“Let’s get to the hospital.”