Psycho (Part 2)

The Great Ones

Ryujin gripped her head, it throbbing with intense pain. The pain would start from the center of her forehead, then spread to her entire head. She groaned from the pain as she sat at the kitchen table.

"What's wrong?" Woozi asked, shoveling a large spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"My head hates me."

Woozi had another spoonful of cereal already entering his gaping mouth-hole. He nodded in response then touched her forehead.

"What are you doing?"

Woozi swallowed the food in his mouth, "just seeing if you're warm. I don't know."

Ryujin swatted his hand away, "I'm not warm. The pain comes and goes. It's like once every ten minutes, I don't know."

"Maybe go see a doctor? Never bad to be safer than sorry." 

"No. I don't need to. I'm just going to take a nap." Ryujin said, getting up from the table. He sighed and rubbed her head. 

Woozi had only looked at Ryujin for a second, his reaction startling her. He rose, knocking over his bowl of cereal and his chair. He went over to Ryujin, who had stopped her walk out of the kitchen. Woozi grabbed Ryujin by her arm and eyed her forehead. His eyes widened and he reluctantly raised his hand to her forehead. Ryujin eyed him, but let him do whatever it was he was doing.

"Ry-ryujin."

"What?"

Woozi stared a moment longer before taking his phone out and entering camera mode, then self-facing view. He handed Ryujin the phone. She looked at herself, gasping at what she saw.

In almost the center of her forehead was a blackened stab wound, blood drizzling down, but it never reached below her chin. Ryujin couldn't believe it, and she couldn't feel it. She hesitated for a moment before touching the wound. A moment later, her vision had blurred. 

When Ryujin's vision cleared. She was standing in a walk-in freezer. Around her laid multiple female bodies, all dead from different means. A man wearing a ski mask appeared from behind her, dragging another dead woman right through her. She watched as he released her, making her fall to the ground. He looked around and grabbed a foldable metal chair. He set it up then placed the dead woman on it, strapping her in with several bike chain locks. She had a noticeable stab wound on her forehead. She gasped at the scene before her, noticing it now. Each woman was placed in different positions. One woman, frost accumulating all over her body, was fixed into a provocative position, fondling her s. Another woman, seemingly just as freshly killed as the new one, was stood up and had her hands placed on her hips. Before she could see anymore, her vision blurred and she had returned to her kitchen. Woozi eyed her with concern.

"What did you see?"

"You don't want to know. It was," Ryujin couldn't finish her sentence. She sat down at the table. "disgusting. Dead bodies. Everywhere."

Woozi noticed the stab wound had disappeared on her forehead, as did the blood. He motioned to her head, "the wound and blood is gone." Ryujin touched her face in response, then looked at herself in a reflection. Woozi was right.

"Dead woman. All set up in crazy positions. There was a guy in a ski mask. He was dragging another woman in, she had a stab wound on her forehead."

Woozi nodded, "and?"

"It was some kind of walk in cooler or freezer. Some of the bodies were covered in frost, frozen even. That's all I saw."

"That could be literally anywhere."

"I don't even know where it came from. Was it the headache?"

"Who knows, but I'm concerned as to why you had a stab wound and blood all over your face."

"Should we summon Wonho?" 

"You do that. I'm going to inform Yoongi of what happened."

"Ok."

-----------

A pillar of light appeared in the living room, Wonho appeared from it. He eyed Ryujin. Woozi had just got off the phone as he entered from the kitchen. 

"Yoongi's at the gym. He'll be home soon."

"What's up?" Wonho asked, but he already knew. 

"Don't act like you don't know!" Ryujin snapped.

Wonho sighed then shrugged, "I don't know whether you want to talk about your vision or-"

"Let's start with the appearance of the stab wound and blood on her." Woozi answered.

"Possibly your vision power projecting itself into reality. Maybe it's just a vision you needed to see, and the best way is to project some aspect of the vision into reality." 

"So she isn't actually in danger from the stabby' stabby?"

"Highly unlikely. As I said before, your abilities evolve or mutate. I wouldn't be surprised if I were you."

"Right. I'm aware of that. However, I don't need blood appearing on my face while I'm at work or something."

"It really isn't up to you when you receive visions. How they come to you is up to them. It's like," Wonho thought for a moment "they are a separate part of you."

"So she might receive these projections sometimes?"

"Possibly."

Ryujin sighed then nodded. "So what about the actual vision? Any ideas?"

"Dead woman. A serial killer would do something like that, especially with the positioning of their bodies."

"So we are dealing with a ski mask wearing serial killer?"

"Seems like it."

"We have nothing else to go on. Did you notice anything else from the freezer?" Woozi asked. Ryujin shook her head. Woozi sighed, "great."

Ryujin thought for a moment then spoke, "should we just start going to every possible place with a freezer?"

"No. Do you not realize how many places have freezers? It isn't just businesses." Woozi answered.

Wonho cleared his throat, gaining the two's attention. "Well, I will be off. I don't suspect you two need me for the moment."

"Wait! Can't you, like, do some hocus pocus? Find this guy?"

"No. I can't do hocus pocus." Wonho said with sass before departing in a pillar of light.

"Hocus pocus?"

"Shut up."

-------------------

Yoongi was at another stoplight, tapping his fingers on his steering wheel. In the corner of his view, he noticed a car pull up in the lane beside him. The sound of rock music blasted from within. Yoongi looked over to see who could be so obnoxious. It was Nancy.

Yoongi looked back to the light. In front of him, standing in the center of the crosswalk in front of him, was a older man. It was Jimin's husband. His eyes were set on Nancy's car, his hands balled into fists. A noticeable vein-like mark was shown on his neck. It was as red as blood. Yoongi got a strange feeling from this man, something similar to uneasiness. There was a malevolent aura to him. It was so strong, Yoongi could feel it.

Yoongi noticed the light change to green. The man hadn't moved. His actions had caught the attention of Nancy as well. Yoongi contemplated honking his horn, but Jimin's husband begun to walk across to the other sidewalk. Nancy was eyeing him the entire way. Yoongi sighed then proceeded home.

-------------------

Yoongi walked into his home, seeing Woozi and Ryujin sitting in the living room. The two were so deep in thought, they hadn't realized Yoongi walk in. 

"Hey."

Ryujin and Woozi finally noticed him. Woozi nodded at him. "Hey."

"So, any clue who the masked man was?"

"Nope."

"Well that ain't good." Yoongi said. He sighed, "so guess who I ran into?"

"Who?"

"Nancy."

"The P.K girl?" Woozi asked. Yoongi nodded.

"Where?"

"Stoplight. Second time to be exact."

"Maybe its fate." Ryujin joked.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "anyway. This time, there was this man who was just full on glaring at her. He was just stopped in the middle of the crosswalk, glaring at her for the longest time."

Woozi and Ryujin eyed each other.

"I mean, she was blasting rock music obnoxiously loud, so I understand why he was glaring at her. However, to like make it so obvious. Dramatic much?"

"Where did this happen?"

"In downtown area, near Changbin's Bakery, why?" Ryujin eyed Woozi. Woozi shrugged. It took Yoongi a moment to read the room. "You don't actually think this random man I ran into is the ski-mask killer do you?"

"It's a shot in the dark, Yoongi," Woozi said, "but it's a start."

"Well, I'm more worried for Nancy than anything. There must be a reason I keep running into her."

"True. Nothing is a coincidence. Ok, Ryu and I will look around that area for freezers, or that man. You keep tabs on Nancy, maybe they are, or will be, connected. Anything facial features that stand out of the guy?"

"Some mark on his neck. Tattoo or something. It was shaped like branches or something."

"Like veins?"

"Yes?" Yoongi answered unsurely. 

"Alright. Let's do it."

-----------------

Ryujin and Woozi parked in the packed lot of a fastfood restaurant. As the two exited the car, Woozi pointed to the restaurant. "I'll check in there. Maybe, go to the stoplight and try to get a vision?" Ryujin nodded and started towards the nearby intersection.

Woozi entered the fast food restaurant and looked around. There were many customers inside eating, some waiting in line to order. Woozi looked around for the employee entrance to reach the back area. He noticed a set of doors in the far corner of the room past the cashier and line of people. He started towards there, but stopped in his tracks when seeing a familiar face at one of the booths.

The man noticed him and waved. Woozi greeted with a nod of his head. It was unfortunately his ex-boyfriend, Seongchul.

Woozi took a deep breath then continued to the set of doors. He knew he was being watched. He turned to see Seongchul eyeing him with concern.

Woozi put a finger to his lips. Seongchul seemed to understand because he went back to eating his meal. Woozi flicked his hands, freezing everyone in the building. A possible problem appeared in his mind, he sighed then went over to Seongchul. He wiggled his fingers, unfreezing him.

Seongchul realized what had occured then looked up at him, "you okay?"

"Just," Woozi hesistated for a moment then continued, "watch the door, please." Seongchul looked around at the frozen area then back to Woozi. He nodded and rose to keep watch at the entrance.

Woozi finally entered the back, where the employees would make food for the customers. Woozi noticed two metal doors. He shrugged before checking each one, finding only food inside. He sighed as he walked back to the seating area. Seongchul noticed him and returned to his booth.

"Thank you."

"Why did you need to-" Seongchul asked while walking to him.

"It's none of your concern, Seongchul. Just sit down." Woozi interrupted, motioning at the booth. 

"Woozi."

"Sit. I don't have time."

Seongchul let out a defeated sigh as he sat down. He picked up the burger he was eating. Woozi returned to his position then unfroze the room. He nodded at Seongchul before leaving the restaurant.

--------------------

Ryujin was eyeing passing cars as she leaned against a streetlight. She didn't exactly know how to trigger her vision abilities, so all she could do was wait. She kept an eye out for any strange markings on men. 

Ryujin shut her eyes and tried to focus. She began calling out to her abilities, basically speaking to them. She imagined reaching out to grab a vision as if it was hovering in the air. However, nothing happened in response. She opened her eyes and sighed.

--------------------

Yoongi sat on the grass, picking at it to stave away boredom. He looked up and scanned the area for Nancy. He found her through the window of her home. He did find it uncomfortable to be basically staring at some girl who he doesn't know. It didn't even matter if he did know her personally, it was still creepy to him.

Nancy was cleaning her bedroom from what it looked like from the outside. Yoongi ran a hand through his hair and sighed. It was boring him. He was tempted to just go up to her home and knock of the door. It seems the world felt his boredom, because an older man walked up to her front door. He wore a baseball cap, blue graphic tee and brown cargo shorts. Yoongi couldn't get a good look at his face.

---------------------

Ryujin was in the middle of trying to call a vision when Woozi noticed her and came up to her. He nudged her gently. Ryujin groaned and opened her eyes.

"How's it going?"

"Terrible."

"I've checked like fifteen freezers, nothing."

"I haven't seen anyone matching the description, and I can't get a vision."

"Well, we can't stay out here forever until he appears. Maybe we need to come up with another plan."

-------------------

Yoongi eyed the man as he knocked on the door. Nancy walked to the front door and opened it, confused seeing a stranger at the door.

"Hello?" Nancy greeted.

The man eyed her and slightly chuckled. He smiled, "hello."

"Can I help you?"

"I'm a reporter for a newspaper, and I'm going house to house to ask residents their favorite kind of music. If you could just answer some quick questions, I would greatly appreciate it."

Nancy thought for a moment then nodded, "sure."

"Amazing." The man said. He cleared his throat and asked his first question, "what is your favorite genre of music?"

"I would say rock."

The man faked a shocked expression, "really? A woman who looks so pure and innocent liking such a dark genre? Interesting." Nancy nodded. "Do you have a favorite rock song? Group?"

Nancy shrugged, "I don't think so. I like a lot of songs, I don't really have a favorite. As for a band, I'd say Led Zeppelin or The Rolling Stones. I like their music the most."

The man nodded then his expression turned sinister, "you like to blast music out of your car."

"I-"

"You don't really seem to care about how other people feel about such loud and dark sounds, they might," the man paused for a moment, "ruin a person's day."

"Is this a question?" Nancy asked, becoming uncomfortable.

"Does it sound like one."

"I-I think you need to go, sir. I have-"

"What would you think if you heard someone blasting such 'noise?'" The man said. He slammed his hand against her front door, stopping any attempt at her to close it. "Do you think about anyone but yourself?" He added, leaning in closer.

Nancy tried to close the door with her hand but found the man's strength overpowering hers. The man suddenly pushed his way inside, then pushed her with his free hand to the ground. Nancy screamed as she was pushed.

Yoongi rose and immediately ran across the street in response. He was shocked, but not by the man's actions. He could tell Nancy had screamed, but to him nothing had came out of . 

Nancy began crawling away from the man. The man shut the front door behind him and chuckled, seeing Nancy trying to escape him.

"Noise seems to be against you. I don't think anyone heard you scream." The man said as he pulled out a pocketknife from his backpocket. 

Nancy gasped. Suddenly, a loud crash came from her bedroom. The man jumped in response. He glared at her before looking into her room, finding her dresser tipped over. He looked back at Nancy, who was simply staring at him in fear. The man tightened his grip on his knife and shrugged.

"That was interesting."

Nancy tried to get up but couldn't. It was like some unseen force was holding her down. Her fear continued to rise. Suddenly another crash came from her bedroom. The man eyed her room again before sighing and walking into her bedroom.

"What?" The man eyed the now flipped over bed. He turned around to return to his victim but came face-to-face with Yoongi, who punched him in the face.

The man stumbled backwards and fell over the fallen dresser and onto the turned bed. Yoongi ran to help Nancy, who was surprised to see him. He held out his hand, but Nancy couldn't lift her arms. 

"Take my hand, it's okay."

Nancy shook her head, "I-I can't. I can't move."

"What?"

"Interesting." 

Yoongi turned to see the man holding his knife. It was the same man he saw at the crosswalk.

"My advice, dude, just get on your knees and wait for the police to come arrest you." Yoongi said.

The man chuckled, "I see."

"You see?"

The man suddenly charged at Yoongi, who was ready. The man tried to shank Yoongi, but the firestarter was able to grab ahold of the blade part of the knife and will it to disintegrate. The man was shocked, feeling the knife ash away in his hand. Yoongi took the element of surprise and placed his palm on the man's torso. He sent the man flying with a creation of a fireball right in his torso. The man landed on his back, a serious burn wound on his torso.

Yoongi turned to Nancy again and kneeled down to pull her up. Nancy suddenly screamed and Yoongi was kicked in the back of his head, losing his balance and falling to the ground. Yoongi eyed the man, who now had no wound on his torso.

"What the-" Yoongi conjured a fireball and sent it sailing at the man. The man was sent flying back again. Yoongi rose to his feet and didn't waste anytime to help Nancy out of the house.

Yoongi guided Nancy across the road to where he was staking out her earlier. Nancy held onto his arm. Yoongi reached into his pocket for his cellphone and handed it to Nancy.

"Call my friend, Ryujin. Tell her to hurry over here."

"What?"

"Just do it!" Yoongi demanded. Nancy jumped at his raised voice, but took his phone and looked for Ryujin's number then dialed. "Sorry." Yoongi muttered before eyeing at the house. The man stumbled out, annoyed at what happened. He eyed Yoongi then Nancy, who hid further behind Yoongi. He sighed.

Ryujin picked up after a few rings, "hello?"

"H-hello?"

"Yoongi?"

"What do I tell her?" Nancy asked Yoongi.

"Tell her to come to meet us at the house."

"He says meet at the house."

"Who is this?"

"Nancy."

"It's Nancy," Ryujin said to someone on her side. "Okay, tell him we will meet him there."

"Okay." Nancy said before hanging up. "She said she'll meet us there."

Yoongi nodded, his attention never off the man. Eventually the man walked away. Yoongi sighed with relief before turning to Nancy. "Let's go."