Sleepyhead Part 2

The Great Ones

Woozi sat down at a cafe, breathing heavy. He eyed his surroundings, looking for any sign of the old man. 

There were too many emotions Woozi was feeling, and he was doing his best to keep his together in a public place.

Woozi took a deep breath, his breath shaky. He squeezed his hands together before getting up to grab an iced coffee.

The boy wanted to go home but didn’t want to risk running into the old man again. 

Woozi exited the cafe after getting his coffee. He need to come up with a plan before it was too late. The boy sat down on a bench just outside and closed his eyes. There was no solution in Woozi’s mind, he couldn’t think of anything to do. If he had Yoongi’s ability, he’d just kill the old man, if he had Ryujin’s compulsion he could convince the old man to make himself fall asleep or kill himself. His power was not aggressive, and he didn’t want admit it but he knew the was the weakest link now. 

Woozi opened his eyes and stared into the sky. He watched the clouds pass in the sky. His phone started to vibrate. He eyed it and found Ryujin calling.

Woozi hesitated for a moment before answering. “Hello?”

”Hi.” An unknown voice responded.

”Who is this?”

”You left in a hurry. I didn’t get a chance to have you join your friends in eternal slumber. Why don’t you come home?”

”Yeah, I don’t think so.” Woozi rose and started pacing. 

“What a shame.”

”Who are you?”

”Sandman, my goodfellow.”

“Goodbye.” Woozi hung up and smiled. He had something to go on now.

Woozi stopped a passing jogger. “Where is the library?”

The shirtless man at pointed south. Woozi thanked him, secretly checked him out, then ran south. 

Woozi entered the building. He was about to walk past the front desk, but was stopped by a beefy security guard. The guy grabbed Woozi by his arm and spun him around.

”You need to check in, dude.” The security guard said. He gently pushed Woozi towards the front desk. 

Woozi went up to the woman manning the front desk. She asked for his library card.

”I don’t have one.” Woozi said. “Can I sign up?”

”It takes a couple days to register, sir. I can start the registration now.”

Woozi nodded his head, “sure.” The woman nodded and asked him some personal questions. 

Woozi was told he’d get a card in the mail in a couple days and then he could roam the library. Woozi knew that wasn’t going to help him. Woozi thanked the woman then walked towards the entrance. The security guard eyed him then looked away. Woozi flexed his fingers when he reached the door.

Woozi purposely dropped his phone that was in his hand. He turned, facing the front desk area, to pick it up. He bent over to pick it up. When he bent back up, he gestured his hands and froze the entire room. He looked around to make sure, finding everyone in the room stationary. He ran through the area to the computers in another room. He turned before entering the room and unfroze the area. 

Woozi sat down at one of the computers and started looking up sandman on the internet. 

He found an entire website talking about the mythological being. Woozi didn’t understand why this being was targeting him and his friends; and apparently the sandman was a good person. However, one sentence caught Woozi’s attention. Woozi smiled after reading it, he had a plan.

Woozi left the library. He noticed a dollar store in the distance, finding it convenient. He then went back home. He opened the front door, finding Seongchul still asleep on the floor. The sandman appeared from the living room, greeting him with a smile. 

“Ready to sleep?”

”Sorry,” Woozi replied. “I don’t plan on it.” Woozi motioned his hands to freeze sandman. 

Woozi knew he didn’t have much time. He ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. He returned to find the sandman gone. 

Woozi gripped the knifes hilt tight then produced a pair of swimming goggles from his pocket. He had bought it not long ago from the dollar store. He put on the pair of goggles, hoping his plan to work. 

The sandman appeared behind him and whistled. Woozi turned and before he could react, the old man snapped his fingers. 

Woozi closed his eyes then slumped to the ground. 

The old man chuckled and walked over to Woozi. He crouched down beside him then finally noticed the goggles. However, it was too late. Woozi’s eyes opened and before the sandman could react Woozi froze him again.

The sandman had already begun to fight the freeze. It didn’t matter though. Woozi took ahold of the sandmans head and drove the knife his right eye. The freeze broke as soon as the blade connected. The old man let out a cry of pain. Woozi kicked the man away then rose. 

The old man struggled to get up. Woozi walked up to him. “I guess I was right.”

Woozi grabbed the knife and pulled it out of the man’s eye, causing the old man to cry in pain. Woozi crouched beside him. Woozi eyed him before stabbing the sandman in his other eye. The man suddenly disintegrated into gold sand, the knife falling into the pile.

Woozi took off his goggles. He turned to Seongchul, who was beginning to awaken. Woozi froze him then rose. 

Woozi heard footsteps and before he could react, Yoongi and Ryujin appeared and were very drowsy. Ryujin rubbed her eyes before noticing the huge pile of sand and Seongchul.

”What happened?” 

Woozi looked at the scene then chuckled “A living nightmare.”

Yoongi pointed at Seongchul, “Why is he here?”

Woozi walked to his two friends and directed them back to their bedrooms. “Just go to sleep. I’ll explain everything later.”

”I could use sleep.” Ryujin replied.

”Me too. I feel so ducking drowsy.”

”Ducking?” 

“Shut up.”

Ryujin suddenly stopped and turned to Woozi. “You stabbed someone in the eye?!”

”What?!” Yoongi added.

”Don’t read my mind!” Woozi answered. 

“Why did you stab a guy?!” 

Woozi sighed, cleared his throat then started, “the mythical sandman attacked, the two of you fell victim to him, as did Seongchul. I found out information, came back home and killed him.”

”I don’t remember that.” Ryujin said, trying to remember what happened earlier that day. The memory was all hazy. 

“How did you kill the creep?” Yoongi asked. Woozi pointed to the rheum of the eye. “That little thing at the corner of your eye?”

Woozi nodded, “it’s called a rheum. That’s how he makes people fall asleep. He sprinkled that gold dust on the ground in your eyes. So I had a theory, maybe that’s his weakness. Remove his rheums and maybe he’ll die.”

Yoongi put an arm around Woozi’s shoulder and squeezed, “and that’s why you’re the brains.”

”What are you then?” 

“I’m the hot one, and Ryujin’s the muscle.” 

“Yoongi,” Ryujin started. Yoongi turned to her with a smile “ off.”

Ryujin retired to her room with a sigh. Woozi returned to the living room to unfreeze Seongchul. Yoongi shrugged then went to lie down.