Cold Blooded Killer Part 2

The Great Ones

Ryujin ran through the hall, a knife in her hand. Behind her, the woman pounced throughout the hall after her.

Woozi exited his bedroom, a small slash wound on his arm. He tried to freeze the woman, but nothing happened. He chased after the two.

”Come here, sweetie.” The woman said, giggling as she chased after Ryujin.

Ryujin rounded the corner and immediately hugged the wall, to try to ambush the woman when she comes through.

The woman pounced through. Ryujin gripped the knife handle and stabbed down, aiming for the nape of his neck. However, the knife broke as soon as it hit the blue scales, the blade shattering. The sensation stunning her.

The woman rounded on her and kicked her in the stomach. Ryujin was sent crashing into the wall, leaving a small hole. 

Woozi appeared, ramming into the woman to unsteady her. His attempt was in vain, as it barely effected her. She swatted him away, him sliding on the ground. 

“You witches are weak.” The woman said. “I wanted more fun before I feast.” 

Ryujin was grabbed by the throat and lifted up. The woman’s grip started to tighten. Her scales started to shake, revealing her pale skin underneath. 

The reveal sparked an idea in Woozi. Woozi grabbed the chipped knife and charged. He angled the blade just right, to dig into the small crevice that displayed the woman’s pale skin. The blade was just long enough to pierce the skin. The woman jumped in response, destroying the blade and ripping off one of her scales. The woman let out a cry of pain then dropped Ryujin. Woozi took a step back then tried to freeze her. The woman froze, but only for a second. Her body began to stutter, trying to break the freeze.

Woozi took this opportunity to grab Ryujin and drag her away. Woozi sat her in the passengers seat of her car, then ran to the drivers side and got inside. The woman appeared at the entrance of their home, anger in her eyes. Woozi didn’t waste time, he started the car and drove off. The woman didn’t follow.

Ryujin regained consciousness soon after, relieved to see the road ahead of her. She turned to Woozi, who was white-knuckling the steering wheel. 

Ryujin adjusted herself in the seat “Where are we going?”

”To the hospital.”

”No, whatever it is you are thinking isn’t going to work-“

”Ryujin!” Woozi shouted. For having a slightly feminine voice, his shout was more manly; it shocked Ryujin.

Woozi quickly pulled over, getting angry honks from cars behind him. He turned to Ryujin, a pissed off look on his face.

”What?” Ryujin said.

” off.”

”Excuse me, how-“

”I’m not done. I don’t understand why you’ve been such a class A to me lately! I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve it, and honestly, I’m sick of it! I can’t even begin to describe how you’ve been making me feel, it’s a mix of worthless and frustrated.” Woozi slammed his fist on the steering wheel, causing Ryujin to jump. “ your judgmental attitude and feelings. I don’t know what makes you think you have the right to make decisions about how I live and control my life! You had no right to tell me I’m stupid for wanting something, for wanting to better my relationship with my boss and my career. You have no right to call me an idiot for contributing to a magical discussion. Your plans have been failing today and it cost us Yoongi, and it might be the end of us, the end of our lives! I haven’t said one negative thing about it, not once!” 

Ryujin opened , but Woozi continued.

”You are going to consider my plan! You are not to make decisions for me! And you most definitely are not going to make me feel like I’m worthless and pathetic. I may not be a strong person, but I know for sure as hell im not worthless.” There were tears escaping his eyes, his lip quivering. However, he held that angered look at her. 

Ryujin didn’t say anything. Woozi put the car in park, then turned back to her. “Now we are going to do things my way for once, and you are going to take it seriously or so god help me I-“

”Okay.” Ryujin said. She was looking at him, nodding her head. 

Woozi turned away from her, and was about to pull back into the road when Ryujin grabbed his arm. Woozi pulled out of the grip and started off towards the hospital.

The woman walked into the hospital, shifted into her human disguise. She smelled the air and caught wind of Yoongi’s blood. She followed the scent. 

She made her way to the hall where Yoongi was recovering. She walked confidently down the hall, gracefully avoiding passing doctors. As she passed a hallway to the left, Ryujin appeared behind her and followed her, determination in her eyes.

The woman stopped, sensing Ryujin behind her. She turned and bared her fangs at her before running to Yoongi’s room. 

Woozi appeared from the room across from Yoongi’s, shanking the woman with her own scale as he appeared. The woman let out a cry of pain, gripping her scale to pull it out. 

Woozi gestured his hand, freezing her. Suddenly, the door to Yoongi’s room swung up and a fireball shot at the woman. Yoongi braced himself against the door, already creating another fireball.

The woman was sent crashing against the wall across from Yoongi’s room. Before the woman could even think to shape-shift, another fireball hit her. She let out another cry of pain before combusting from the fire. 

Ryujin made sure no one was in the area as Woozi and Yoongi watched the woman burn to death. Yoongi held himself up with the help of Woozi. 

Ryujin joined the two boys, slipping in between them. She turned to Woozi.

Woozi looked at her before turning and walking away. Yoongi patted her on the arm before returning to his hospital bed. Ryujin did her best to clean up the ashes.

The next day, Woozi was reading a book about magic. He sipped his iced coffee then turned a page. He looked at the clock, then sighed. 

“You’ll be leaving soon, Seongchul.” Woozi said to himself. 

“Then I guess you should hurry up and pack.” Woozi turned to see Ryujin standing in the doorframe, a large suitcase by her side. “But I maybe have already packed for you.”

Woozi rose from his seat, “What?”

Ryujin stepped closer to Woozi “It’s part one of my series of apologies I owe you.” Woozi eyed the suitcase then looked at her. “It has everything you need for a couple days of fun and work stuff. I made sure of it.”

”Ryujin-“

”I’m very very very sorry. It’s not enough sorrys, but it’s the best I can do for right now; because you need to get ready to go to the airport.” Ryujin looked Woozi up and down, “actually you look good.”

Woozi couldn’t hide a smile “I appreciate the effort, but it’s too late. Seongchul is probably already on his way to the airport, and it’s too late to tell him-“

”Are you sure?” Ryujin said with a smile.

”It’s not like Seongchul can magically be here to pick me up, and it’s too late anyway. It’s just too late. I’m touched though, Ryu.”

”How about,” Ryujin reached her hand out “you come with me for a second.” 

“Why?”

Ryujin shushed him and grabbed him by the wrist. “Trust me.” She said before dragging Woozi with her.

”Ryujin, I already told you it’s too late-“

Woozi stared at the door. Leaning against it, Seongchul smiled. 

“Seongchul, what are you doing here?!” 

Ryujin pushed him forward, “Shush. Don’t ask any questions,” she grabbed the suitcase from the kitchen and placed the handle in Woozi’s hand. “Go.”

Woozi tried to step towards Ryujin, but she playfully pushed him away. He stumbled right into Seongchul’s arms, his cheeks turning beat red. 

Woozi apologized before wiggling out of his arms, he turned to Ryujin “What if something happens?”

”I can handle it, and I got Yoongi to back me up. Don’t worry about it. Go. Enjoy yourself.” 

Woozi turned to Seongchul, who smiled down at him. “Ready?” Woozi blushed and looked away. Seongchul turned to Ryujin, he mouthed “Thank you” before guiding Woozi out the door.

Ryujin watched her friend leave the driveway, trying her best to hide her fangirling. She closed the door after they disappeared down the road.