No Smoking Part 2

The Great Ones

Woozi slammed down a book on the table, huffing angrily. Seongchul eyed Woozi with concern.

”Are you okay?” Seongchul asked. 

Woozi sat down and looked at his boss, “Yeah.”

”That’s a lie.”

”I am fi-“

”Woozi, tell me the truth. I let you take time off from work so often, the least you can do is tell me what’s up; or what’s wrong.”

Woozi sighed and looked around to make sure no one was listening. He leaned forward. “It’s a long story.”

”I’m a good listener.” Seongchul said with a warm smile. He placed his hands over Woozi’s. 

Across town, Ryujin and Yoongi sat on the grass. Yoongi picked at the grass while Ryujin scrolled through her phone.

”What about a vacuum?”

”No.”

The black smoke had begun to grow, spreading to almost the entire house. Yoongi watched it and sighed.

”Still thinking of going on vacation?”

”If we can destroy this smoke, then yes I am.”

Ryujin looked at Yoongi, “Woozi is right, you know?”

”Woozi doesn’t have a fun bone in his body. He doesn’t understand what a vacation is, or what fun is. He isn’t right. Why do I need to sacrifice my time?”

”Because that’s what fate had in store.”

”Don’t bring fate into this. Fate can it.”

”Fate gave us magic powers. Fate wins at this point. The least we can do is destroy the forces of evil.”

”You sound like a cartoon show superhero.”

”Yoongi,” Ryujin motioned at their house. “I understand your need to want a normal life, heck, a normal day would make me a happy camper. That isn’t our life now, we have a job to do. Be it by fate, or by our own moral code.”

Yoongi rose, “I never agreed to give up my life!”

”Neither did I. It just is what it is. I’m sorry, but you going away while some strange man might possibly be a huge threat is just asking from trouble. We can’t do this apart.”

Yoongi motioned towards the house, every window covered in black smog. “Do you not see what is happening to our house?! With or without Woozi, this happened!”

A woman walking her dog passed by, giving Yoongi a look. Ryujin pulled Yoongi back down to the ground. 

“Maybe if we work together instead of fight. We can do anything as a team. I’m the boss, your the brawn and Woozi’s the brains.”

”And we are unbeatable.” A familiar voice added. Ryujin and Yoongi looked behind them to see Woozi. “Hi.”

Yoongi looked away while Ryujin smiled. 

“She’s right. I have an idea, it’s a crazy one but it might work.”

Ryujin rose. Yoongi stayed seated. Woozi walked over and sat down beside Yoongi. 

“Can we put aside our personal problems to deal with this?”

Yoongi looked at him for a second before nodding. Woozi rose and held his hand out for Yoongi, who grabbed it. Woozi pulled him up then looked at his two friends. 

“Okay, so answer me this. What is this demon thing made out of?”

”Smoke.”

”Which is obvious,” Yoongi added, which earned him an elbow in his side by Ryujin.

”And what does-“

”Get to the point.”

”I was reading up on mythological entities, and one caught my eye. Enenra.”

”Who’s Enenra?”

”A yokai.”

”Which is?”

”Not evil.”

”Then why is it destroying everything in our house?!” Yoongi asked.

”Because it needs to find the source of fire it was created in. It is scared. I guess it’s defense mechanism is decaying whatever touches it.”

”How would be find the source of fire it was created in? It could have came from anywhere.”

”We could always ask it.” Ryujin said.

Yoongi scoffed, “Yeah. That’ll work.”

”It’s the best we can do actually.” Woozi said. 

“What?!” 

Woozi and Ryujin started towards the house, Yoongi reluctantly followed. 

“Either of you notice the lack of people?”

”I guess our whisper friend is working his magic.” 

Ryujin turned the handle to the front door and pushed it open. The “face” of the smoke met them at the entrance.

”Enenra?” Woozi called. “Is that your name?”

There was a low moan sound. 

“Are we taking that as a yes?” Yoongi asked.

”We can help you if you will let us.” Woozi added. “But you need to,” Woozi motioned at the house full of smoke. “not be everywhere.”

Enenra moaned again, then a moment later all the smoke around the house disappeared inside its body. Its body now the shape of a man, almost five feet.

”Do you know where you were,” Woozi thought for a moment, “born?”

Enenra nodded its head then pointed outside. It became a small black cloud of smoke and passed through the three. 

“Oh god, I thought we were gonna decay!” Yoongi said with a sigh of relief after Enenra passed through him. 

“I told you it was just scared.”

The three followed Enenra, walking about a mile through the woods to a clearing. A huge pile of burnt bodies was in the center, a circle made of salt around them. Ryujin gasped at the sight. 

“What the hell?!”

”Did our whisper friend do this?” Ryujin asked, circling the pile.

Woozi covered his mouth in shock. Enenra walked up to the salt. It tried to pass over, but it was stopped by some invisible force field. 

“I don’t think it can pass.” Yoongi stated. “Should we kick away the salt?”

”Seems like the thing to do.” 

The three began to remove the salt. Enenra moaned. A clear path was made a moment later. 

“Try now.” Woozi said. 

Enenra hesitated before trying again. It stepped reluctantly where it couldn’t before, when realizing nothing stopped it. It became a pillar of black smoke again then disappeared into the pile of burnt bodies.

Woozi smiled then turned to Yoongi and Ryujin. Ryujin shook her head. 

“Who did this?” Ryujin asked motioning to the bodies.

”Maybe our whisper friend.” Yoongi answered.

”I don’t know. Whoever did, did this to hide something.” Woozi added.

”Let’s head back home. See the damages this smoke monster left us.” Ryujin said.

The three returned home and began clean up. The Enenra didn’t cause too much damage, so it didn’t take long for the house to look good as new.

”Well, I need to go get a new id.” Woozi stated, showing the others his withered belongings. “I need a new everything.” 

“I’ll start unpacking.” Yoongi said.

”Actually,” Yoongi turned to Woozi.

”What?”

”Maybe you should go.”

”What changed your mind?” 

“We all deserve a break from magic. I was wrong-“

”What?”

”What?”

”Say that again.” Woozi rolled his eyes before walking away. “Hey!” Yoongi ran after him. “I want to cherish this moment before my vacay’.”

”Who says vacay’ anymore?” Woozi yelled.

”You just did!”

Ryujin smiled at the two before retiring to her bedroom.