Sleepyhead Part 1

The Great Ones

Ryujin ran into the alleyway, dodging garbage cans and debris on the ground. 

“Why am I the bait?” Ryujin asked herself as she ran. She looked behind her to see a dark figure gliding after her.

The dark figure was wearing a long black cloak, its face obscured by darkness. Yellow bright eyes pierced through the darkness. 

Ryujin turned a corner, ending up at a dead end. She swore under her breath and turned. The dark figure was hovering above the ground.

”Don’t look in its eyes, Ryujin.” Ryujin told herself.

The dark figure moved closer. Two dark tendrils came out from underneath its cloak, dripping blood. Ryujin kept her sight on its chest area. 

“Hey, tentacle freak!” A familiar voice yelled out. 

The dark figure spun around to see Yoongi and Woozi standing. Woozi was wearing sunglasses. Woozi gestured his hands at the monster, freezing it. 

“Why am I the one to test the theory?” Yoongi asked.

”Because, Ryujin is the bait and I’ve already been infected. It’s your turn. Now do it.”

Yoongi groaned then looked into the monsters eyes, nothing happened. He turned to Woozi, “happy?!”

Woozi nudged Yoongi then walked towards the monster. “Ryujin, can I have something sharp?!”

Ryujin looked around and picked up a broken lead pipe. She was able to pass it through the monsters corporeal lower half. Woozi grabbed it then impaled the monster in its eyes with the pipe. 

The monster unfroze then let out a loud shriek before exploding into black ooze. The entire alleyway was covered, including the three friends. 

A few days later, Yoongi entered his classroom. Jungkook was already sitting, focused on his phone. Yoongi fell down beside him in his chair with a sigh. Jungkook looked at him and immediately noticed black ooze on his cheek. 

“What’s that on your cheek, dude?”

Yoongi looked at him “don’t ask.”

Jungkook shrugged and returned to looking at his phone. 

A few minutes later the professor walked in and started class. Yoongi felt like time was going fast because before he knew it he was heading home. 

At home, Woozi scrubbed his face with a washcloth. The remaining black ooze was barely coming off. Woozi rolled his eyes and threw the washcloth down into the soapy water.

”Any luck?” Ryujin asked as she walked in.

”A little more scrubbed off. You?”

”Almost all gone. Sleep with Vaseline and cover with gauze. Works better than scrubbing.”

”Will do,” Woozi said before leaving Ryujin in the bathroom.

Woozi entered his bedroom and fell on his bed. Ryujin entered his room, brushing her hair. “Do you work today?”

”Overtime.” Woozi responded. “Just for a couple hours though. Seongchul just needs someone to help him keep organized during this huge meeting he’s presenting.”

”Oh.” Ryujin said before leaving the room. “I’m the only one whose gonna be home tonight then!” She called from the bathroom.

Woozi rubbed his eyes “You’re forgetting our unforgettable firebender!” 

“He has a date!” 

“With who?”

”Some girl, obviously!”

”Her name is Jennie!” Yoongi added from the kitchen. 

“Welcome home, dork!” Ryujin replied.

”Where are you, Woozi?!” 

“In my room!”

Yoongi walked in and fell down on his bed. Woozi poked his side and chuckled. Yoongi swatted his hand away. 

“What’s up?” Woozi asked. 

“Class.”

”Don’t you have a date tonight? Worry about that.”

”I don’t have a date tonight.”

Woozi sat up, “you don’t?”

Yoongi shook his head “she canceled.” 

Woozi patted Yoongi on the head, “I’m sorry.”

”Well, Ryujin is staying here too. So you won’t be alone.”

”Yay.” 

Woozi chuckled before getting up and leaving the room to head to work. Yoongi closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep in Woozi’s bed. 

Hours later, Ryujin stretched after getting up from the couch. She turned off the TV and decided to head to bed. 

Ryujin was about to enter her room when she saw the light on in Woozi’s room. She peeked her head in and saw Yoongi asleep on his bed. 

“Yoongi.” Ryujin called out. There was no response. “Yoongi.” Still no response. Ryujin walked in and poked the sleeping boy, “Yoongi.” Ryujin gently shook the guy, “Hey. Yoongi.” There was no response. “Yoongi!” Ryujin yelled. She started to shake him harder, but there was no response. She placed her finger under his nose, she could feel his breath on her finger. Ryujin slapped Yoongi on the side of the head, still no response. “Are you ing with me?” 

“I put him to sleep.” A voice answered from the shadows. 

Ryujin turned towards the voice to see an old man sporting a long white beard walk out from the shadows. His eyes were completely white, his hair white as well. He wore a brown robe to cover his skinny body. 

“Who are you?!” Ryujin asked, taking a step back.

The old man put his hand up towards her then snapped his fingers. Ryujin slumped to the ground, asleep. 

Woozi returned home an hour later. Seongchul walked in behind him, holding a few grocery bags in his hands. 

Woozi turned to him with a smile, “thanks for helping me. It was my turn to get groceries and we were very under stocked.”

”Of course, Woozi, anytime.”

”Whose that?” Seongchul asked, pointing ahead.

Woozi turned to see the same old man standing in front of them. His arms were behind his back, a eerily warm smile on his face. 

“Good question.” Woozi said, dropping the bags in his hands. 

“You don’t know him?” Seongchul said. He walked past Woozi and towards the old man. “Dude, you need to leave.”

The old man tilted his head at Seongchul then his smiled widened. Before Woozi could react, the old man snapped his fingers and Seongchul fell to the ground. 

“Seongchul!” The old man looked at Woozi and went to snap his fingers again. “No!” Woozi gestured his hands at the old man, freezing him just in time. 

Woozi didn’t have much time to think. The old man was starting to resist his power already. Woozi his heels and fled the house.