Vacation (Part 1)

The Great Ones

Ryujin stared at Woozi, eyes intensely looking him up and down. Meanwhile, Woozi was spooning cereal into his mouth. Woozi finally looked at Ryujin.

Woozi swallowed what was in his mouth, then sighed. “What?”

”I’m still concerned.”

”I wouldn’t think to much about it. I’m back. I’m alive. That’s all that I care about.” Woozi said. Ryujin nodded and agreed with him. “Plus,” Woozi rose from the kitchen table to clean his empty bowl. “Dying ing .” 

“What’s it like?” 

Woozi put the bowl in the sink and began to clean it, “pain at first, cuz’ I did get stabbed and all. Then just calm, like everything I worried about just disappeared. Everything just wasn’t a problem, you know. An eternal calm.”

Ryujin nodded then walked out of the kitchen to her room to get ready for work.

”Don’t forget to pack up your suitcase and leave it down at the door! We leave tomorrow morning at five!” Woozi called out to Ryujin.

”I know!” Ryujin shouted back.

Woozi heard a series of loud thuds coming from the living room. He waited another second before going to investigate. 

Yoongi lifted his large, obviously heavy, suitcase towards Woozi. His breath heavy and sweat starting to form on his brow. 

“What-“

”Don’t ask.” Yoongi interjected. Yoongi gently set the suitcase on its back. “Are you sure you can’t come with us?”

Woozi shook his head, “I have a huge meeting at work with Seongchul and some very rich investors.”

”Maybe you’ll get the ability to teleport or something. So you could come with us, because we both feel guilty about this, you know?”

”It’s not a big deal. I’ll have the house to myself.”

”So what time are you driving us?”

”Five.”

Yoongi groaned, “you know I’m not a morning person.”

”Oh well. Blame the airport.” Woozi responded with a smile.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and walked back to his bedroom. Woozi sighed then looked at his phone. There were six missed calls from Seongchul. Woozi has been purposely avoiding talking one on on with him since his death from the soul broker. He felt like he had to tell him about the incident, and now Seongchul had become more protective. 

Woozi picked up Yoongi’s suitcase, but it was more of a drag, and brought it to the front door.

Yoongi came back into the living room with a scratch on his cheek, it was slightly bleeding. Woozi noticed it immediately.

”What happened?”

”Blue guy, size of like a penny, cut my cheek.”

”Is he dead?”

”Yeah,” Yoongi checked his wound in a nearby mirror. “Think I’ll look y with a scar?” 

“Why are you asking me that?” 

Yoogni shrugged, “trying to make it hurt less with humor.”

”Want some medicine?” 

Yoongi shook his head, “nah.” Yoongi turned away from the mirror to face Woozi. “Is it ed up this doesn’t faze us anymore?” Yoongi signed. “Before all of this, a cut on my cheek would be devastating. Now it’s just another day on the job.”

”I feel we’ve had this conversation before,” Woozi joked. Yoongi nodded and returned to his bedroom. 

Woozi went into his bedroom to gather his belongings before leaving to go to work. 

Later that day, just as the sun went down. Ryujin trudged into the living room, where Yoongi was lounging watching a movie. 

“So I got my kicked today.” 

“Demon?”

”Yep. An imp, little .” Ryujin fell onto the couch beside Yoongi and let out a breath it seemed she was holding in for hours. “Finally dropped a filing cabinet on the er.”

”Did it happen at work?”

”Yep. During dinner. Had to use mind control to make it seem like a bug. A big bug.”

”Nice.”

Ryujin looked around, “where’s Woozi?”

”Good question.”

”Maybe he’s with his boyfriend.”

”He doesn’t like that word, remember?”

”Seeing how many times Seongchul is frozen whenever he brings that up, it’s obvious.”

”Maybe he just wants a hookup?”

”Woozi isn’t that type of guy. I don’t see him hooking up with anyone for just fun.”

”Well,” Yoongi rose from the couch and stretched. “I’m going to bed. Early morning.”

”Preach.” 

“Don’t stay up too late.”

” off.” 

“Drop dead, .”

”Love you.”

”Love you more.”

Yoongi walked to his bedroom. Ryujin continued to watch TV. An hour later, Woozi walks in with Seongchul wrapped around his body.

”Hello.” Ryujin said, eyeing the two.

”Sorry I’m so late. Any magical monsters?” 

“Nothing here. Hi, Seongchul.”

Seongchul waved at her, his head nuzzled into Woozi’s neck. Woozi tried to wiggle out but Seongchul had a tight grip. 

“He got a little drunk,” Woozi said. “I’m putting him to bed. Goodnight.” 

“Night,” Ryujin said as she watched the two disappear into the dark hallway.

Ryujin watched another couple minutes of TV before turning it off and retiring to her bedroom to sleep.

Meanwhile, somewhere dark, rain fell hard as a woman ran into a public bathroom. Her clothes soaked from the rain, her hair tangled with blood and rain. She looked into the mirror, looking at herself. She let the tears finally fall, taking in the murder of her friends. 

“You need a bath.” A deep voice greeted from the shadows. 

The woman turned her head just in time to see a skeletal face appear from the darkness and grab her by her arms and drag her into the darkness, her screams fading away.