Powerless (Part 3)

The Great Ones

Ryujin, Woozi and Wonho stood in the living room. Wonho paced, Ryujin becoming completely distracted by his action. Woozi leaned against the couch and sighed.

”Does it take a long time for an angel to descend?” Woozi asked. 

Wonho shrugged, “depends.”

”Great.”

A moment later a pillar of light appeared in the room. The angel from before stepped out of the light. When she made eye contact with Wonho, she frowned.

”What is wrong my brother?”

”The darkness returns.” The woman gasped then looked at Ryujin and Woozi. Wonho nodded towards them, “give them their powers back.”

”But Jae-“

”I will deal with Jaebum. Just do it.” Wonho interrupted.

The angel nodded and waved her hand near the two friends. Ryujin and Woozi both shivered when feeling a tingly sensation pass through their bodies. 

“It’s done.” The woman said. She stepped back into the pillar of light. Wonho turned to look at the two.

”Destroy this darkness.” Wonho said before stepping into the pillar of light. 

Ryujin and Woozi watched as the pillar of light vanished into thin air. 

“So we have our powers back.” Ryujin said.

”For now.”

”Try to freeze me.”

Woozi flicked his hands at Ryujin. Her attempt to push hair back behind her ear was stopped. She was frozen. Woozi smiled before unfreezing her.

”Well?” Ryujin said. Woozi smiled.

We are back in action. 

Ryujin smiled back at Woozi and nodded, “Let’s save Yoongi.” 

The two gathered their belongings and walked out of the house. A second later they walked back in. 

“We have no idea where we are going.”

Woozi walked to the couch where the darkness took Yoongi. “Let’s lift up the couch.” 

Ryujin and Woozi worked together to move the couch. There was a small black residue left on the floor. Woozi crouched down and ran a finger over the residue. 

“Remember that one guy who was able to travel through shadows?”

”Yeah.”

”It might be something like that.” 

“It’s possible, but how are we going to get it to come after us?” 

“Well, considering it came out of nowhere. I’m assuming the angels had something to do with it.”

”Like they summoned it?”

”More like it wants them. Think about it, darkness hates light and angels practically puke light.” 

“So lets do the ritual again and summon Wonho.” 

“Or,” Woozi cleared his throat. “Wonho!” He screamed. A moment later, Wonho appeared from as a flash of light occurred in the room.

”Yes?”

Woozi walked up to Wonho and smeared leftover residue from his finger on Wonho’s arm. Wonho let out a cry of pain and wiped the residue off his arm. 

“What was that for?!”

”We have a plan to destroy the dark monster.”

”You called me just to tell me-“

Woozi flicked his hands at Wonho, causing him to freeze. 

“Woozi!”

”Just give it a moment.” Woozi said. He took Ryujin by the wrist and guided her to the kitchen. The two peeked their heads out from there, keeping their eyes on Wonho. Ryujin got an idea and disappeared into the kitchen to find something. 

A black shadow stretched out from under the TV towards Wonho. It began to grow in size. Ryujin returned to Woozi’s side with a flashlight.

“Now.” Woozi said to Ryujin. The two ran out of the kitchen to face the darkness. 

“Yo, darky!” Ryujin yelled, she the flashlight and shined it at the darkness. 

The darkness split into two to escape the light. Woozi flicked his hands, freezing the darkness. He unfroze Wonho, who was very confused at the scene in front of him. 

Woozi nudged him, “all on you now.” 

“What?”

”Summon light to consume the darkness.” Woozi explained. 

The darkness began to resist the freeze, slowly beginning to continue its escape. Ryujin tried to shine the light on both parts of the darkness. 

“How would that•

”Just do it!” Woozi snapped.

Wonho jumped at the command then snapped his fingers. A ball of light appeared by his side, he separated it into two and sent it towards the darkness. The balls of light entered the darkness, causing it to shriek. Wonho raised his hands, the balls of light grew in size. All of a sudden, the darkness surrounded by the light disintegrated. Wonho willed the light to vanish. When everyone could see again, Yoongi stood there covered in black residue. 

“I need a bath.” Yoongi said, wiping black residue away from his forehead. 

Woozi and Ryujin ran up to him and wrapped their arms around him. Yoongi grimaced at the interaction, then wiggled free. Ryujin and Woozi took a step back to stare at their friend with happiness. 

“I seriously need a bath.” 

Wonho chuckled then waved his hand at Yoongi. A stream of light washed over Yoongi. When it disappeared, the black residue was gone. 

“Thank you.” Yoongi said. “Now,” he paused for a moment. “I’m going to nap.” 

Ryujin and Woozi couldn’t help but smile at their friend. Wonho smiled as well.

Ryujin turned to Wonho, “So are you going to take our powers back?”

”No.” 

“You aren’t?” 

“You proved you deserve your powers, and it was stupid of us to take them away when you clearly are doing so much good. Evil has tough competition.” Wonho said. He created a pillar of light. “I will be watching though. So, don’t go overboard. At least, not too much overboard.” Wonho added before stepping into the light. 

Yoongi nodded before walking away to nap. Ryujin and Woozi fell onto the couch. 

“You know,” Ryujin turned to Woozi. “I never realized how much our life has changed since we got our powers.” 

“I agree, but I must admit, we did become way too accustomed to using our powers to deal with situations.” Woozi sighed. “We need to fix that.” 

“Do we?”

”Yes, Ryujin. We do.” 

Ryujin nodded then rose from the couch. “Well, I’m going to hit the gym.” 

“Okay, have fun.” Woozi said. 

That night, Woozi ran into the living room. He dove to the ground, a sharp talon flew overhead and hit the wall. 

“Stupid cockatrice!” Woozi yelled before flicking his hands at a massive rooster-like monster charging at him. 

Yoongi stumbled into the same room from the kitchen, pulling out a talon from his arm. “I hate these things.” 

Ryujin walked in from outside, her clothes all tattered. She noticed the frozen cockatrice, and her two friends catching their breath. 

“So happy to be back to this.” Ryujin joked.