Hag

The Great Ones

Ryujin swept up a pile of dust into the dustpan. Yoongi sighed and shook his head.

Woozi came to his side and patted him on the back, “you’ll get it.”

”When?”

Ryujin dumped the dust into the trash can. Yoongi left the room. Woozi and Ryujin looked at one another before leaving the kitchen. 

Woozi sat down on the couch in the living room. Ryujin leaned on the couch. 

Woozi looked up at Ryujin, “I just remembered you have that ghost hunting thing tonight.”

Ryujin rolled her eyes and sighed, “it’s Onew’s birthday.”

”Want some magical backup just incase?”

Ryujin shook her head, “you need to stay with Yoongi.”

”You sure?”

”I’ll call if I need you. I left the address on the counter just in case.”

”Okie dokie.” Woozi turned back and turned the TV on. Ryujin went to her room.

That night, Ryujin stood outside the house. It was a chilly night. Ryujin wore a black sweater and blue jeans, her hair tied into a loose ponytail. 

Ryujin saw a car come from down the street. She went to the edge of her driveway to greet it. Onew rolled down the window.

”Ready to see some ghosts?!”

Ryujin chuckled and nodded, “I guess.”

Three other people were in the car, all stuffed in the backseat. Two women and a man. Onew introduced them as Rena, Taeyeon and Minho. Ryujin got into the passenger seat. Onew put his car in drive and pulled away.

About ten minutes later, the group arrived at an abandoned home. Ryujin felt a chill as soon as she exited Onew’s car. 

“I’m so excited.” Onew said. 

Taeyeon rubbed her arms, “totally.”

”Let’s see some ghosts.” Rena said with a smile. Minho stayed quiet. 

The five entered the home. Ryujin was the last to enter. As soon as she did, she could feel eyes on her that weren’t any of the others. She looked to her right, into a dark bathroom to see a woman standing in the bathtub. Ryujin looked away and caught up to the group. 

“Seance time.” Onew said. 

“Not a good idea.” Ryujin replied. Minho nodded in agreement. Rena and Taeyeon didn’t really care regardless. 

“It’s harmless. We will be fine, Ryujin.” Onew said. He patted her on the back then pointed to a backpack on his back. “Can you get out the candles? There’s three of them.”

Ryujin looked around for the woman but couldn’t find her. Before Ryujin could move a blood-curtling scream echoed throughout the house. The group, except Ryujin, jumped in surprise. 

Taeyeon went to Onew’s side, “What was that?” 

“I don’t know. Probably just a coyote or something.”

Ryujin rolled her eyes and looked into the hallway. The woman stood in the shadows, standing near same room she was in before. 

“We should go.” Ryujin said to the others. 

Onew ignored her warning, “I’ll light the candles.” Onew took out the candles from his bag and used a match to light the wicks. 

Onew and his friends gathered around the candles. Ryujin sent a text to Woozi then stood in the corner of the room with her arms crossed. 

“What do we do?” Rena asked.

”We just call for someone.” Onew said.

The woman walked into the room, invisible to Onew and his friends. The woman walked up behind Taeyeon then looked at Ryujin.

This was the first time Ryujin had a good look at her face. Her eyes were a light grey, her nose squished into her face and stretched to the sides of her face. When she smiled, her decayed teeth shined from the candle light. Before Ryujin could act, the woman stepped into Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon stiffened. Ryujin swore under her breath. Taeyeon suddenly turned to Minho, the woman’s face taking over her own. 

Ryujin focused on Minho. Run back to the car now. Minho suddenly bolted out of the room. Taeyeon growled then turned to Ryujin. She hissed, attracting the attention of Rena and Onew. 

“What’s wrong, Taeyeon?” Rena asked.

”You die now.” The woman possessing Taeyeon said. Her voice rough and deep. 

Ryujin focused on Onew. Tackle Taeyeon to the ground as hard as you can. Onew complied and lunged at Taeyeon, bringing her to the ground. Now get out of the house, start up the car, and wait. Onew rose and ran out of the room.

Ryujin grabbed Rena and pulled her behind her. The possessed Taeyeon’s body stiffened and she was lifted up until she was on her feet. Rena gasped when seeing the woman’s face where Taeyeon’s was supposed to be. 

“You need to go, get out of here.” Ryujin said as she pushed Rena towards the door. Rena didn’t waste any time running out. 

Ryujin looked around the dimly lit room to find something to defend herself with. 

“You die.”

”I don’t think so.” 

Ryujin focused on Taeyeon. However, she was ed out of her focus. Taeyeon hissed then cackled. 

“You no control. I control.”

Taeyeon lunged at Ryujin. Ryujin dodged her attack then grabbed one of the lit candles. She chucked it at Taeyeon. Taeyeon grabbed it then crushed it in her hand with a loud cackle.

”Of course.” Ryujin exclaimed. 

Taeyeon wiped the candle remains on her clothes then opened . Ryujin watched as a black bile vomited out of her. Taeyeon collapsed unconscious on the ground. The woman formed from the bile with a smirk.

The woman raised her hand at Ryujin. Ryujin suddenly flew into the wall behind her with great force. Ryujin fought the urge to pass out as she stumbled to her feet. 

The woman raised her hand again. Ryujin felt a force wrap itself around , squeezing tight. Ryujin coughed for air, her hands hovering over . 

Suddenly the sensation ceased. Ryujin gasped for air and looked at the woman. Her hand was still raised at her. 

“You okay?!” Woozi asked, coming into the room. Yoongi followed right behind him. They joined her side and eyed the woman. 

“So details?”

”She can possess and uses telekinesis or something like that. Has to be a spirit because only we can see her.” 

“A spirit can’t use telekinesis. A poltergeist maybe, or maybe a hag.” Woozi stated.

”Still surprises me you know these kind of facts.” Yoongi said.

”Well since that medium we helped, I got really into looking up different kind of ghost and spirits. Also, I’m just smart.” Woozi replied.

Yoongi noticed the two lit candles nearby and reached out to grab one. It turned to dust immediately. Woozi patted Yoongi on the back to comfort him. 

“So how do we get rid of this thing?” Ryujin asked.

Woozi looked over at the frozen woman. He stared intensely for a moment then smiled. Woozi nudged Yoongi, “touch her.” 

“What? Why?”

”Can we even touch ghosts?” 

Woozi pushed Yoongi towards the woman. Yoongi looked back at him, whimpered, then walked up to the woman.

”All else fails, you can try burning her.”

Yoongi took a deep breath then poked the woman. As soon as his fingers touched her, the woman evaporated into the air. 

Yoongi turned to Woozi, “does that mean she’s dead?”  Woozi shrugged. Ryujin chuckled. Yoongi looked down at the unconscious Taeyeon, “so whose going to carry her?”

Woozi and Ryujin pointed at one another. Yoongi rolled his eyes then bent over. He took a deep breath then reached out to pick her up. 

“What are you doing?!” Ryujin asked, running up to him. 

“Do you want to kill her?!” Woozi added.

Yoongi hesitated and flexed his fingers. His hands trembling as he reached out to Taeyeon. His fingers grazed her, but she remained. Yoongi held his breath as he scooped her up to carry her. 

Woozi and Ryujin cheered as they followed Yoongi out of the house. Onew, Rena and Minho were gone. The three loaded Taeyeon into the backseat of Yoongi’s car, then got inside and drove off. 

The next few days went by fast. Ryujin rubbed her tired eyes as she trudged into the kitchen. Yoongi ate a bowl of cereal while surfing the internet on his phone.

Yoongi nodded “hello” at Ryujin. Ryujin smiled back. Woozi walked in with a cup of coffee in his hand.

”I hate being on monster watch.” Woozi said before sipping his coffee. “How much longer is this stupid nymph going to be?”

”You can just start showering again, that’ll attract her.” Ryujin said.

”I’d rather never wash again.” Woozi set down his coffee and took out his phone after feeling it vibrate.  “Seongchul wants me to come into work early. So, call me if she shows up.” 

“Not it!” Ryujin yells. Yoongi looks up from his phone and glares at her. 

“I hate you.” 

“Have fun with monster duty.” Woozi said to Yoongi before walking away to get ready for work. 

Ryujin patted Yoongi on the top of his head before also leaving the kitchen. Yoongi groaned and slumped in his chair.