Answers

The Great Ones

Yoongi walked into the classroom. He looked around, finding strangers sitting in desks. He found an empty seat at the back corner of the room, and one right in the front center area. He chose the back corner and settled in. Another student, a woman just about his age, sat in the front center seat. She seemed uncomfortable with the seat but sat anyway. 

The professor walked in, a man in his late fifties. He started to class. 

“So, I know it’s the first day but we will be going to the Grant Estate next month. We will be learning about the history of the estate, and be staying there for the night. If you choose to not go, you can write a five page essay about the estate from research you find online.”

Half of the class seemed excited, the other half were most likely going to write the essay. Yoongi was still undecided. The woman sitting up front had nothing but a small smirk on her face. The class ended shortly after, and Yoongi exited the class. 

At home Woozi flicked his hands, freezing a large lanky man mid strike. He ran up to the man and helped an injured Ryujin to her feet right beneath him. The two retreated into Woozi’s room. A moment later, the locked door was destroyed and the lanky man stumbled in.

”Woozi, freeze him again!” 

Woozi flicked his hands, but the translucent wall appeared right in front of the man; resulting in the man walking right into it. Ryujin turned around and eyed the window.

”Okay, new plan.” Ryujin rugged on Woozi’s wrist. 

The two ran to the window. Ryujin opened it while Woozi watched the man start to hit the wall, cracking it each strike. 

Woozi had an idea, “wait.” 

Ryujin stopped, “What?!”

Woozi flicked his hands again, another wall appeared behind the man. He gritted his teeth then flicked his hands again. Another wall appeared to the man’s right. He tried again, this time putting as much focus as he could to summon the wall at the man. 

Suddenly, just as Woozi flicked his hands, a wall was created inside the man. The man stopped, his eyes wide. The two watched as he split in two, blood going everywhere and his insides pouring out of his two halfs. 

“Well, that’s gross.” Ryujin said.

”It worked.” 

“Yeah.” Ryujin said before sighing. “Let’s start cleaning up.” 

“Well, we can’t leave until the walls disappear.”

”Right.” 

Yoongi walked into his next class, which was about an hour later than his last. It went by like a blur to him. He was happy to be finally going home. However, a familiar man stood by his car.

Yoongi smiled wide, “Jungkook!” 

Jungkook, now sporting shoulder length curly hair and muscular frame, smiled at the fire starter. Yoongi walked up to him and pulled him in to a short hug. Jungkook patted his friend on the back then pulled away. 

“How’s it been?” Yoongi asked.

Jungkook shrugged, “you know. Honor classes, girlfriend problems, partying, the usual college student stuff.” Jungkook leaned in slightly, “how’s the magic thing going?”

Yoongi chuckled, “everyday is a new and weird tale.”

”You gotta tell me everything. Do you have class at noon?” Jungkook asked. Yoongi shook his head. “Awesome. Want to get coffee?” 

“I’m down.” 

“Sweet, meet back here at noon? I gotta go see my girlfriend.”

”You gotta tell me about that.” 

“I will.” Jungkook said before waving goodbye and running off to his class. Yoongi turned around, and went back inside  building to wait till noon.

Back home, Woozi opened the front door to see Seongchul. Woozi smiled, “Hey.

”Hey, you.”

”You truly don’t have to knock anymore.” Woozi said. 

“Well,” Seongchul chuckled. “I’d rather not see you risk your life battling evil monsters and stuff.” 

“That doesn’t happen all the-“

”Woozi! Out of one to ten what would you rate the demon we just killed?!” Ryujin called from his bedroom.

”You were saying?” Seongchul responded.

”Shush.” 

Yoongi scrolled through his phone. He sat at a table in the common area, checking the time every so often till the clock hit noon. 

“Excuse me?” A soft female voice said.

Yoongi looked up to see the girl from his class earlier. “Hello.” He said.

“Are you going on the trip?” 

“Maybe. Not entirely sure yet.” 

The girl nodded then walked away after waving goodbye. Yoongi watched her leave. As soon as the clock struck noon, Yoongi met Jungkook back at his car. 

“How was class?” Yoongi asked.

”Boring.”

”Awesome. So, let’s get coffee.” 

Yoongi and Jungkook walked to the nearest cafe. When entering, the girl from earlier was sitting at a table sipping a small hot coffee. Yoongi felt her eyes on him the entire time he was in the cafe. Yoongi and Jungkook ordered their coffee then waited till their names were called. 

“Dude.” Yoongi said to Jungkook. Jungkook looked at him. “Let’s go for a walk.” 

“Why?”

”Just follow me.” Yoongi said. 

Jungkook followed Yoongi out of the cafe and down the street, sipping his coffee. 

“So, why couldn’t we sit at the cafe?” Jungkook asked.

”That girl is following me or something; plus she was staring at me like a stalker.” 

“Maybe she thinks you’re y.” 

“Shut up.” 

Yoongi and Jungkook found a bench outside a store. The two sat down and spoke for a while before going their separate ways. 

Yoongi returned home and fell onto the couch. Woozi and Ryujin came in from the kitchen, both holding separate buckets of bloody water. 

Yoongi looked to them, then noticed the buckets. “What attacked us this time?”

”You know just another monster attacking for no reason.” 

“That we know of.” Ryujin added. 

“Have we ever figured out what these monsters wanted? Why they attack us at our house?” 

“Next time I’ll ask.” Woozi joked. 

“Actually, we should. If we can find out why they attack us, maybe we can put a stop to it.” Ryujin said.

”Well, the most logical reason would be to get our powers.”

”But what about those angels?” Yoongi said. “That one guy, whatever his name was, he knew a lot about us and our powers.” 

“You think maybe he, or these angels, are sending the monsters after us to get our powers?” 

“I don’t know; they took our powers with ease. They could easily do it again. I don’t think it’s like that.”

”Maybe it’s those whisper guys.” Ryujin said.

”We haven’t heard from them in so long.” Woozi said as he shook his head. “They’d be facing us head on if it was them.” Then it occurred him. “Wait.”

”What?” 

“The whisper guy said ‘they’. Maybe ‘they’ is the angels.” 

“How do you suspect that?” 

“The angels are beings of good, they are able to manipulate light and who knows what else. The whispers control light. Maybe they are connected.” 

“It’s a good theory.” Ryujin said.

”Maybe we should summon Wonho, ask him some questions.” Woozi said. 

“Can it wait a few weeks? I just started school.” 

“We should just get this over with, Yoongi. For all we know, the angels have nothing to do with this.” Ryujin replied. 

Yoongi groaned then nodded. A few minutes later, the couches were moved and the ritual to summon an angel was created on the ground. The three stood around the ritual site. Woozi threw the lit match into the center. A pillar of light appeared and Wonho stepped out. 

Wonho’s body seemed to have grown in muscle. His hair was now a light pink, and he seemed to have aged slightly. Ryujin couldn’t help but stare at his arms. 

“Yes?” Wonho said. 

Woozi looked to the others then spoke, “We just have a few questions.” 

“You do realize you can’t do this whenever you want, right?” Wonho responded, crossing his arms over his chest. 

“Do you know the whispers?” Woozi asked, dodging Wonho’s question. 

Wonho nodded. “Of course. They are our exposure cleaners.”

”Well that answers that.” Yoongi said. “Are we done yet? I already have homework to do.” 

Ryujin elbowed Yoongi. 

“Are you sending the monsters after us?” 

Wonho chuckled then shook his head. “I have no intention of harming any of you. None of us do,” he paused then continued. “I laughed because I find it funny you would think that.”

Yoongi looked confused. Ryujin turned to him, “he has precognition.” 

“What’s that?” 

“Foreknowledge of events.” 

“Oh.” 

“He still doesn’t know.” Wonho added.

”I know.” Ryujin and Woozi said in unison. Yoongi glared at them. 

“Okay, anyway, one last question. Do you know why they attack us at all?” 

Wonho shrugged, “there could be many reasons. In the evil dimension-“

”The what?”

”Dimension of evil.” Wonho repeated. “Controlled by the curator of evil.” 

“Curator of evil?” 

“Oh god, you guys are screwed.” Wonho said with a slight chuckle.

”This is all news to us.” 

“So, how do we find this dimension?” Woozi asked.

”You create a portal, or find the one the creatures who attack you use.” 

“Any idea how to do either of those?” 

Wonho shrugged, “if we knew, we’d attack them.” 

“So, I’m assuming if we kill this curator-“

”Evil dies.” 

“All evil?” 

“At least of that dimension. There are hundreds.” Wonho looked up, like something caught his attention. “I must go.” 

Wonho said goodbye, conjured a pillar of light, walked into it and a moment later he was gone. 

“So, now what?” Ryujin said. 

“I go do homework, you two got this?” Yoongi said while he walked away to his room. 

“As he walks away.” Ryujin said. Woozi chuckled. “But for real, what do we do?” 

“Let’s think on it. We might have to wait till we get attacked next.”

”And we ask whoever attacks us.” Ryujin added. Woozi nodded. “Good plan.”