Visionary (Part 1)

The Great Ones

Woozi ran down a dark hall, his breath shaky and his body drenched in sweat. He took a quick left turn. A man wearing a potato sack chased after him, holding a large axe. 

Woozi stood at the end of the hall as the man entered that hall. The man held the axe up to Woozi then slammed the axe down into the ground, resulting in a loud noise to echo throughout the nearby area. 

Ryujin stood still, her eyes closed and her lips quivering. She stood in the center of a large room, with tall ceilings. A tall lanky creature slithered around her, trying to locate her with its blind eyes. 

In another part of the building. Yoongi launched another fireball at a large steel-skinned man. His cold blue eyes stared blankly at the firethrower. He easily shrugged off the balls of fire. 

Woozi muttered something under his breath as the axe man charged at him. He flexed his fingers then flicked them at the man. Suddenly, a barrier was erected just before the axe man. He collided with the barrier and was sent flying backwards, his body hit the wall behind him; which knocked him unconscious. Woozi smirked before running to help his friends.

Ryujin slowly opened her right eye, seeing the creature looking away from her. She took one step back, causing a slight noise to occur. The creature quickly turned, eyes focused near her feet. It slithered closer to her, hissing softly. Ryujin swore in her mind. 

“Hey!” A familiar voice called. The creature turned towards the voice, hissing louder. Woozi stood there in the doorframe.

Ryujin took the opportunity to look around the room. She located a 2x4 on the ground. Woozi flicked his hands, freezing the creature.

”All yours.” Woozi said. Ryujin smiled at him before whacking the creature with the 2x4. It broke in half int the process. The freeze broke, the impact of the 2x4 stunned the beast. Ryujin took one of the broken pieces and stabbed the creature in its back. It let out a painful shriek before curling up into a ball, dead.

”Have you seen Yoongi?” Woozi asked. Ryujin shook her head. “Let’s go find him.” The two ran off to find their friend. 

Yoongi dodged a punch from the steel skinned man. Yoongi tried to disintegrate the man, but was suddenly grabbed by his throat and thrown away. 

Yoongi got to his feet just to meet a powerful kick in the stomach. He let out a painful gasp, then held his stomach. He was sure something was broken. 

The steel skinned man stared down at Yoongi. 

“Hey! Silver surfer wannabe!” Woozi called from across the room. The steel skinned man turned just to be cut in half by a transparent wall. He split in two, his insides oozing out from both sections. 

Ryujin patted Woozi on the back, “good job.” 

Woozi nodded then sighed, “didn’t mean to do that. I wanted to freeze him.” 

Yoongi weakly rose to his feet, “Well I’m for one very glad.” He winced and gripped his aching waist. “Good job, Woozi’s untamed powers.” 

“Shut up.” 

Ryujin walked over to Yoongi, aiding him in standing. “Let’s get you to the hospital.” 

“I think I’m dying.” Yoongi responded, groaning in pain. Ryujin and Yoongi began to walk. 

“No more monster fighting for you for a while.” 

“Like that’ll stop them.” 

“I need to make sure the axe guy is still unconscious. I’ll catch up.” Woozi said, eyeing his two friends. 

“Okay, be careful. Let’s not be here when the police come.” Ryujin answered. 

“I know.” Woozi said before running back. 

A few hours later, Woozi and Ryujin sat down beside a hospital gowned Yoongi, who was laying in a hospital bed. 

“You think they’d start to suspect something is up with us. Seeing as we are in here like once a month.” Woozi said, looking around the room. 

“They wonder. I read their minds sometimes.” Ryujin said as she stretched. 

“Remember the empusa?” Yoongi said.

Ryujin and Woozi exchanged a look then nodded. A sudden knock on the door caught the three’s attention. 

Jungkook stood there, holding a bouquet of flowers. “Hey.” 

Yoongi smiled, “Jungkook!” 

Jungkook nodded and walked closer towards them. Woozi rose and motioned for Jungkook to sit. Jungkook thanked him and sat.

”Gimme’.” Yoongi said, his hands held out. Jungkook chuckled and set the bouquet in his hands. 

“Well, I have to go to work. Big meeting today with a rival company. See you at the house, Ryujin.” Woozi said before leaving. 

Woozi exited the hospital. He hummed a song as he walked to his car. There was a tall man standing beside his car, practically leaning against it. Woozi groaned, not wanting to have a confrontation, as he approached. As Woozi came closer, the man walked away. 

Woozi tried to enter his car, but a sudden chill ran down his spine. He stopped and turned, finding the man staring at him from another car. Woozi turned away and quickly got in his car, locking the doors as soon as he closed his. 

Woozi pulled out of his parking spot, finding the man now gone. He shook his head then started off to work. He dialed Ryujin’s number, she picked up almost right away.

”Hello?”

”Just a warning, creepy guy in parking lot. Stared at me the entire time as I tried to leave.”

”Wonderful.”

”Just letting you know. Be safe.”

”I will.”

”Bye.” Woozi hung up and continued to work. 

Ryujin rose the the hospital chair and sighed, “I’m gonna head out. I want to make sure I get home for my show.”

”What show?” Jungkook asked. 

“Some girly show about twenty girls trying to win one guys heart.” Yoongi answered. 

Ryujin glared at him then walked out without saying another word. As she walked to her car, she spotted a tall man leaning against a car near hers. 

When she comes I’ll surprise her and take her out. Nothing too messy. Don’t want to have to throw out my new shoes. 

Ryujin stopped and eyed the man. She knew the voice came from him. She focused in on him.

You can’t hold your full bladder any longer. You need to find a place to pee. 

The man suddenly leaned off of the car and ran off, his hands practically holding his crotch. Ryujin sighed then continued to her car. As she entered, she smelled a faint aroma inside her car. It was a mix of lavender and vanilla. She didn’t have any sort of perfume or lotion of that variation. Before she could react, her vision blurred. 

Ryujin’s vision went back to normal, but now she was somewhere else. A dark room, with a foul smell was what she was experiencing. She noticed a figure curled up in a corner, head buried in its legs, seeming to be shaking. 

“Hello?” Ryujin called out. The figure looked up. It was a woman. 

The woman gripped the wall to get up. Her body was covered in bruises and scabbed over cuts. Her hair was dirty and her teeth had begun to turn yellow. Her clothes were ripped. Before she could get a word out, she screamed. 

Suddenly Ryujin felt a sharp pain coming from her back and out her stomach. She looked down to see a blade sticking out from her stomach. She gasped and went to touch the blade, which was surprisingly free of blood. Before she knew it, she was back in her car. She quickly looked down and found no blade protruding from her stomach. 

Ryujin exited her car and did all she could to calm down her now racing heart. She dialed Woozi, who took a moment to pick up. 

“Did the guy get-“

”We have a problem. A bad one.” 

“Where are you?” 

“Hospital parking lot.”

”I’m on my way.” 

“What about work?” 

“Obviously-“

”No. It’s fine. I’ll try to handle it myself. Go to work. I’ll call you again if I really need you, okay?” 

“Are you sure? Seongchul will understand.” 

“I’m sure. You haven’t been to work for like a week, you owe it to him anyway to actually work for a change. I’ll call you if you really need you.” 

Woozi sighed, “okay. Be careful. Remember, Yoongi can’t help you. Don’t do something reckless.” 

Ryujin nodded, “I know. Now go work.” 

“I know.” Woozi said before hanging up.

Ryujin took a deep breath then eyed the parking lot for the man. She sighed, “now where did you go?”