Supernatural

The Great Ones

Yoongi took a deep breath before exiting his car. He wore a newly bought suit and a crisp black tie. His black slacks he wore were also new, but were slightly larger than he liked. He looked down on his feet to see new black leather shoes. 

When he looked up, a few woman were exiting the front entrance. Ryujin exited from the passenger side and leaned against the car. 

“You’re gonna be fine.” 

“Read my mind, did ya?” 

“I don’t need to, to tell you’re freaking out.” 

Ryujin closed her sides door and went to her friend. She gently pushed him by his shoulder. 

“What?” Yoongi said in response. 

“It’s your first day, nerves are expected. Just don’t let it get to your head.”

”But-“

Ryujin hushed him then leaned in slightly, “if you can fight evil everyday, you can do this.” 

—————

Woozi dove behind his office desk. A huge explosion occured moments later, destroying his desk and sending him flying back. 

Woozi, although dazed, got to his feet. He eyed the attacker. A man wearing a plaid button up and blue jeans stood before him. In his hand were small orb-like objects that vibrated. The man threw the orbs at Woozi. Woozi dove to his right to avoid them. When the orbs hit the wall behind him, they exploded and created a huge fracture in the wall. 

“That was just painted, you douche!” Woozi said. He flicked his hands at the man, freezing him. 

Woozi eyed a pair of scissors on the ground a few feet in front of him. He lunged at them, grabbing them tightly in his hands then ran at the frozen man. He didn’t hesitate to stab the man in his stomach. The freeze broke, the man let out a sharp cry of pain before turning to dust spontaneously. 

Woozi let out an annoyed groan then dropped the scissors. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

“Wonho!” Woozi screamed. 

A pillar of light appeared a moment later and out walked a unfamiliar-but familiar face. 

“You’re not Wonho,” Woozi said, stepping over a pile of debris. 

The muscled man chuckled, “did you forget my name?” 

“No. However, as I said. You’re not Wonho.”

”And you didn’t do the ritual.” 

“Yet, someone was listening.” Woozi added. “How are you, Jaebum?”

Jaebum ignored his question and snapped his fingers. The destruction from the battle reversed itself. The destroyed desks and the fractured walls repaired themselves.

”Do use the ritual next time. Or you know, never call on us again.” Jaebum said before disappearing in a pillar of light. 

Woozi mocked Jaebum’s words.

—————

A woman exited her bathroom, the sound of the toilet flushing behind her. She ruffled her hair and rubbed her tired eyes. 

In her small apartment, she went from her bathroom, through the five feet kitchen, past the open living and dining room, and into her bedroom. Her fan was going on the lowest speed. She closed her bedroom door, locked it, then climbed into bed and covered herself with the blankets. She fell asleep soon after. 

When she awoke, her bedroom door was wide open and her fan was knocked over, and on the highest speed. Her light was also on. She jolted up, gasping, and gripped her sheets tight. 

She reluctantly got out of bed and fixed her room. She walked into her living room to see her dining table on the couch and her front door wide open. In her kitchen, her cabinets were all open and her silverware all over the floor. Her bathroom shower curtain was curled up on the floor. 

She closed her front door and locked it. She spent the next hour rearranging her apartment back to normal. She went to her bathroom and looked in the mirror. 

“Not again.” Distress ran through her voice as she spoke. 

—————

Yoongi sat in a chair, his leg shaking wildly from his nerves. In front of him, a vacant desk was. 

A man entered the room from behind him. He sat at desk and smiled at Yoongi. 

“How are you today?” 

Yoongi nodded his head, “I’m good. How are you?” 

“Good. So tell me, Yoongi, I’m just going to ask the main question. Why should I hire you?” 

Yoongi thought for a second then spoke, “I just graduated with a bachelors in engineering. So, I might seem to be a newbie-an amateur, but I have many accolades under my belt.” 

“Such as?” 

Yoongi’s mouth opened but nothing came out. He couldn’t think of any. He didn’t have bachelor degree, not yet anyway. 

The man eyed him then nodded, “hesitation is an interview no-no.”

”I know.” Yoongi said. He sighed then shook his head. “This is nerve-racking. I thought I had this down. I had my friend literally drive with me in a circle so I could pretend I was actually going for a real interview, and I wore a suit and tie. A new suit and tie. Plus, these shoes are killing me.”

”Also new?”

”Yeah.” 

The man chuckled, “You have a quirky humor to you, Yoongi. Use that to your advantage during a real interview, but not too much. Catch their attention, make them smile, but don’t make them laugh.”

”But wouldn’t that be a good thing? Making someone laugh?” 

“Wait til after you get hired to be funny. Show you can be serious about the job at first.” 

“Alright.” 

“Any questions?” 

“Actually-“ before Yoongi could finish. The phone on the desk rang. 

The man picked up the phone and answered, “Hey sweetie.” 

Yoongi could hear the woman on the other end, she sounded frantic. “Dad! It happened again!” 

The man rose from his seat, “I’ll be there in five minutes. Lock the door and don’t move.” 

The man began to collect his belongings. Yoongi eyed him, “everything okay?” 

“Yoongi, let’s continue this another time. I have somewhere to be.” 

Yoongi nodded and rose. He watched the man a moment longer before leaving the room. Ryujin stood outside the room, playing with her phone. She smiled at him then eyed the man behind him. 

Before the man could leave, he accidentally bumped into Yoongi. His phone dropped and slid slightly to Ryujin. She went to pick it up, her fingers barely touched it when her vision blurred. Her vision returned and she stood in an unfamiliar living room. A girl frantically paced around. She had taken out her phone and dialed a number. 

“Dad! It happened again!” 

Another voice answered, “I’ll be there in five minutes. Lock the door and don’t move.” 

The vision ended and Ryujin came face to face with the man. He had his hand held out.

”My phone?” He asked. 

Ryujin blinked a few times, trying to recollect herself. Yoongi came to her rescue and took his phone from her hand, then handed it to him.

”Sorry, Professor.” 

Yoongi’s professor nodded then took his phone back. He started off to his car, his pace quick. Ryujin opened up to his thoughts, and she immediately heard what he was thinking. 

Not again! I swear if someone hurts my baby girl I will kill them! Who breaks into someone’s home?! 

“Yoongi.” Ryujin said. 

“What?” 

“Follow him.” 

“What, why?” 

Ryujin ignored his question and dragged him along as she followed his professor. 

—————

Woozi trudged through the front door of the house. He sighed as he took off his shoes and walked into the living room. He fell on the couch and reached for the remote. A noise behind him caught his attention, making him rise and turn.

The man from earlier stood there, his exploding orbs swirling around his hands. 

“Of course. It’s never that easy.” Woozi whined before running for cover. 

—————

Yoongi and Ryujin parked on the road across from his professor’s daughters home. She stood outside with her father, rubbing her arms. 

“What now?” She asked him.

”We call the police. Someone broke in again.” 

“But dad I know for a fact I locked my door and I was the only one-“

”We need to call the cops regardless.” 

“Nothing is missing. Everything was just everywhere.” 

Yoongi and Ryujin could hear everything they were saying, since they weren’t being that quiet. 

“So What did the vision show?” 

“I’m assuming the call he got when doing your mock interview. Her house was messy, random things everywhere. Table on the couch, and so on.”

”Weird. Robber?” 

“I don’t know. She clearly doesn’t think so.” 

“Well you were shown the vision for a reason.” 

“Demon?” 

“Or pissed off spirit. Poltergeist. Who knows. If Woozi was here, we’d just freeze then go investigate.” 

“Want me to call him?”

”Yeah.” 

Yoongi dialed Woozi’s number and the freezer answered, his breathing heavy. “Yeah?” 

“Hey.” Yoongi could hear a loud explosion in the background. “What was that?”

Woozi let out a slight grunt, “oh you know. Evil.” 

“Are you okay?! Do you need-“

”Don’t touch the couch!” Woozi screamed. He then gasped after another explosion. “The douche blew up our couch!” 

“Okay, we are on our way. Don’t die!” Yoongi said. 

Yoongi relayed what was said during the phone call to Ryujin. She thought for a moment. 

“Stay here, just in case. If it’s a demon or whatever, would rather one of us be here to defend them. I’ll go to Woozi. Gimme the keys!” 

Yoongi handed her the car keys then got out of the car. He went to hide nearby. Ryujin got in the drivers seat and drove off to assist Woozi. 

—————

Woozi flicked his hands, a barrier appeared in front of him seconds before exploding orbs could reach him. The barrier withstood the explosion, cracking afterwards. It shattered after the man threw another volley of orbs. 

“That was rude.” Woozi muttered before flicking his hands again. The man froze. Woozi flicked his hands again, erecting a barrier inside the man. He split in two, his remains turning to dust immediately. 

Woozi watched as the dust swirled before reforming the man. Woozi rolled his eyes then fled into the kitchen just before more orbs were thrown. 

—————

Ryujin pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. She could hear the explosions coming from inside, thankfully no one was nearby to hear as well. She rushed inside to see the man throwing orbs at a barrier Woozi erected. Ryujin looked around and eyed the umbrella to her left, the sharp end glistening from the above light. She grabbed it and charged at the man. Before he could react, she stabbed him from behind. He let out a loud cry before turning to dust. 

“Ryujin! No!” Woozi yelled from behind the barrier. 

“He’s dead!”

”Um, no! Look!” 

Ryujin watched as the dust transformed into the man, who now eyed Ryujin. 

“Uh-oh.” Ryujin said before fleeing to the bedrooms. The man stalked behind her. Woozi eyed the barrier in front of him, which was unfortunately blocking the doorway to the living room. He tried flicking his hands at it, but nothing happened.

”How do I get rid of you?” Woozi asked himself. He tried flicking his hands again, still no use. He let out an annoyed gruff then wiggled his fingers at the barrier. He eyed it but sighed when nothing happened. He began flailing his hands at the barrier “Go away!” He whined. The barrier suddenly vanished into thin air. “No.” Woozi said. “No.” Woozi threw his hands up in the air. “I am not doing that to vanish a barrier. Not happening. I’m not-“ before he could finish his tirade, a loud explosion occured. “We will talk about this later.” He said to no one. “And I’m talking to myself, great. Just fan-flipping-tastic.” Woozi then ran to help Ryujin.

————

Yoongi peeked out from behind a bush. He had come up with a plan. He didn’t exactly know how he was going to get inside the house, but he knew how he was going to make it seem like he just stumbled upon them.  

Yoongi took a deep breath then executed his plan. He ran a slight distance away and then began walking on the sidewalk. He kept his eyes on his professor and his daughter, then he eyed the house. Something suddenly crashed against one of the windows, startling the professor and daughter.

Yoongi used this as a way to interact with them. He waved his hand at them, “professor?!” 

His professor noticed him, “Hello, Yoongi. What are you doing here?” 

“Going to my friends house.” He eyed the daughter and smiled, “hello.” 

“Hi.” The daughter said.

Another object crashed into a window. The daughter and professor jolted in surprise. Yoongi eyed the windows, looking for a creature or demon or spirit but found nothing. 

“Is there a ghost in your house?” Yoongi joked with a smile. 

The daughter and professor looked at one another. Yoongi eyed the two, noticing the discomfort. 

“Maybe.” The daughter finally said. 

“Oh? Can I see?” Yoongi added. “I love ghost shows.” He really didn’t. He hated them. They were more for Ryujin. “Maybe I can speak with it or maybe send it on to heaven, or hell, I don’t judge.” 

“That’s sweet, Yoongi, but-“

”Go for it.” The daughter said. 

“Nancy-“ 

“I’m desperate.” 

Yoongi eyed his professor. Who looked at him then the house. “Then show him around.” 

Nancy huffed then motioned for Yoongi to follow her. As she opened her front door, a hovering set of knives fell to the floor. Nancy shrieked, causing her father to run in and comfort her. 

Yoongi looked around the room, looking for any sign of spiritual activity. However, there was no sign of any spirit he could recognize. 

“Y-you saw that right?” Nancy asked. 

Yoongi nodded, “Yeah. I did.” 

“What? What was it? An intruder?!” 

“No, dad. Those knives on the ground were-“ 

“Stuck in the wall, like someone put them there. They fell when we came in.” Yoongi interrupted. 

“What? No-“ Yoongi gave her a look and shook his head. Nancy didn’t understand. “They were floating in the air!” 

“It just looked like they were.” 

“I’m calling the police.” 

“Dad! I already told you-“ As Nancy’s voice increased in volume, clearly annoyed her father wasn’t listening, a loud crash came from her bedroom. Her father immediately ran in to investigate. He came back out and sighed. Nancy eyed him. “What?” 

“Your end table fell over.” 

“A ghost! I told you! It’s a ghost.” 

Yoongi went to her bedroom door and looked in. Suddenly, the end table began to float upwards. Nancy could be heard panicking in the background as he walked closer to the hovering object. 

“Dad. The police aren’t going to arrest a ghost. Don’t call them!” 

“Nancy, enough! I’m calling.” 

“No!” 

As soon as Nancy yelled, the end table was thrown against a wall. Nancy and her father ran into the room, seeing the end table on the ground near the wall. 

“Did you throw that?!” Nancy asked, hiding behind her father. 

Yoongi immediately understand what was going on. 

“Yeah. No. I didn’t. I was looking at your mirror.” Yoongi answered. “I should go. I hope you can figure out what’s going on. It could be a ghost, I say get a medium or something.”

”See?!” Nancy said to her father. 

“I’m still calling the police, your house is trashed.” 

“Dad!” 

Another crash came from the kitchen. Yoongi used this to slip out of the house as the two went to investigate. 

Yoongi took out his phone and dialed Ryujin. There was no answer. He sighed. 

—————

Ryujin chucked a pillow from her bed at the man. It didn’t faze him. Her next thrown item was her stuffed animal she had when she was a kid. It hit the man’s face, slightly startling him. Ryujin used this opportunity to lunge at him, grabbing at his waist and slipping her right foot behind his. With as much force as possible, she pushed at his waist and tightened her right foot. The man lost balance and fell to the ground. Ryujin rolled over him and to the doorframe. She was joined by an annoyed Woozi. 

“You okay?” 

“Yeah.” 

The two watched as the man got to his feet. He conjured orbs in his hand. Woozi flicked his hands at him, freezing him mid orb throw. 

“How do we kill this guy?” 

“We have been. He just won’t stay dead.” 

The man began to resist the freeze. Ryujin ran to her bedside table and took out a pocket knife. She stabbed the man in the neck, reducing him to ash. 

“We can’t keep doing this.” Ryujin said.

An idea came to Woozi. Woozi flicked his hands at the man’s ashes. 

“Maybe his ashes aren’t as resistant.” Woozi said before waving Ryujin to follow him. 

When the two entered the living room, Yoongi walked in the kitchen. 

“How did you get here so fast?” 

“He had help.” Jaebum said with annoyance. 

“I tried calling Wonho but-“

”I get it. I tried too.” Woozi interjected. “Come here.” Woozi said before running back to the frozen ash pile. Yoongi, Jaebum, and Ryujin followed him. 

Yoongi noticed the ash pile on the floor of Ryujin’s room. “Ashes?” 

As if on cue, the ashes, which unfroze a moment ago, reformed into the man. Yoongi didn’t waste a moment and immediately sent a fireball hurling at the man, resulting him to ash once again. 

“What kills this thing?!” Ryujin said. 

“It’s a golem.” Jaebum commented. He leaned against the hallway wall.

”How do you know-“

”I’ve been alive for too many years. Golems are creations from a nature fairy. This one seems to have abandoned its master. Just burn the ashes, and it’ll stay dead.” 

Yoongi waved his hand over the ashes, starting a controlled fire. A minute later, the ashes disappeared and a burn mark appeared on the floor.  

“Great.” 

Jaebum nodded and kicked off from the wall, “Well I’ll be on my way-“ 

“Wait! You never answered my question.” Yoongi asked. 

“Oh right. Well, what?” 

“Can you identify a vessel in person?” 

“If I am close enough, yes. Why?” 

“Take me back to where I summoned you.” 

“Don’t order me. Do I look like a slave?” 

”Jaebum, he didn’t mean it like that.” Woozi commented. 

Jaebum eyed Woozi, his expression softened slightly before turning back into his casual annoyed look. He sighed before summoning a pillar of light. 

Yoongi stopped Ryujin and Woozi from entering. “Let me handle this. I got it.” 

“What if it’s a spirit? Or demon?” 

“It’s not. I’ll be fine. Just one question, Woozi.” 

“Yeah?” 

“What would it be called if you can move things but can’t see them?” 

“Sounds like psychokinesis.” Woozi answered. 

“It’s a form of telekinesis.” Jaebum added. 

Yoongi nodded then looked at Jaebum. Woozi and Ryujin we’re reluctant at first to let Yoongi go alone  but agreed and watched Yoongi and Jaebum disappear. 

—————

Yoongi was pushed out from the light. “Hey!” 

“I don’t like passengers” 

“Whatever. So, that girl over there. Is she a vessel?”

  Jaebum looked at Nancy, then turned to Yoongi. “Seems like it. Now, goodbye.” Jaebum said before vanishing. 

“.” Yoongi muttered. 

Yoongi his behind a bush. Nancy sat on her front steps. She was looking down. Her father sat beside her, a piece of paper in his hand. Yoongi watched her father give her a hug before leaving in his car. Yoongi walked up to her. 

“Hey.” 

Nancy looked at him and smiled slightly, “hi.” 

“Did the cops come?” 

Nancy nodded, “yep.” 

“And?” 

“They took fingerprints, pictures, that’s about it.” 

Yoongi nodded then sat down beside her. “What if I told you it wasn’t a robber.” 

“I know it’s not.” 

Yoongi nodded. “You think it’s a ghost.” 

“Yes. What else-“

”What if I told you it wasn’t a ghost?” 

“It has to be.” 

“What if I told you it was you.” 

Nancy eyed Yoongi, “what?” 

Yoongi looked at her, “Nancy, do you believe in the supernatural?” 

“Well, yeah. I guess. Why?” 

“What makes you mad the most?” 

“What?” 

“Just humor me.” 

Nancy thought for a moment then sighed, “my mom left my dad and I for his best friend. I hate her. Pisses me off how someone can betray-“ a loud crash occurred somewhere in her house. “See?!” 

“Continue with what you were saying.” 

“But-“

”Nancy.” 

Nancy sighed then nodded. “My mother betrayed my father. He sacrificed so much for her, for us, and she did that to him. She doesn’t even reach out to me. It’s like I’m not her daughter anymore.” Another loud crash occured inside. “You are hearing that right?” 

“I am.” Yoongi rose and held out his hand. “Can I humor you?” 

Nancy looked at his hand then took it. “Sure.” 

Yoongi lead Nancy inside. Nancy sighed when seeing her vanity tipped over and her tv off of its stand. 

“What if I said,” Yoongi motioned to the vanity and tv, “you did this?” 

“I’d say your crazy.” 

“Ever hear of psychokinesis?” 

“No, why?” 

“It’s the ability to move objects that you can’t see.” 

Nancy looked at Yoongi before chuckling, “you think I can do that?” 

“Your mom cheated on your dad, and left you both. ” After Yoongi spoke, something in Nancy’s bedroom had mysteriously been thrown against the wall. 

Nancy looked at Yoongi then shook her head. “No way.”

”Can I show you something?” 

“What?”

Yoongi held out his hand, palm up, and conjured a small flame. Nancy gasped and took a step back. 

“Get out of my house.” Nancy said, confusing Yoongi.

”What?” 

“Get out!” Nancy said, she began grabbing for anything in her reach. “You freak! Get out!” She started throwing anything she could get her hands on at Yoongi. 

Yoongi didn’t waste a moment and fled the house, covering his face from the thrown objects. He sighed as he watched from her lawn as Nancy closed the door. He could see objects in her bedroom hovering and slammed into the window. Her screams of fear and cries of confusion were all that he heard until Woozi arrived to pick him up. 

—————

“It’s not your fault.” Woozi said as he to a vacant street. 

“She looked at me like I was the devil incarnate.”

”Well you did summon fire from your hand. The devil resides in hell, or so she thinks, and is covered in flames.” 

“It was a tiny flame.”

”Still, if you see where she is coming from. It’s scary. It couldn’t have gone any better. Give her time, keep an eye on her. If her ability is manifesting-“

”She’s a target.” 

Woozi nodded. He chuckled, “never a day off.” 

“I’d quit if I could.” 

“I would too, but I like freezing my ex.”

 Yoongi chuckled, “how is that going anyway?” 

“I avoid him best I can.”

”Ever think of quitting?” 

“Why would I? I can handle a cheating ex.” 

Yoongi nodded then sighed, “What if she tries to expose me?” 

“The whisperers will take care of that if it comes to that. I doubt she will though. You gave her proof of her abilities, she can’t deny that. She outs you, she outs herself. Just give her time. Okay?” 

“Yeah.” 

Woozi noticed a McDonald’s in the distance, “hungry?” 

“ing fatten me up with a burger. I’m down.”