Giver (Part 2)

The Great Ones

Yoongi crouched down behind a set of barrels placed beside a building. He scanned the area, finding three armed villagers walking about. One had a flailing woman in his hands, pulling her by her hair as she screamed. Yoongi couldn’t recognize who it was due to the darkness.

”Let me go!” The woman screamed as she thrashed in the man’s grasp.

Yoongi eyed the other two villagers, both eyeing the woman with a violent hunger. He took a deep breath then rose from his hiding place. After a snap of his fingers, a fireball appeared in his hands. 

“Hey!” Yoongi yelled, attracting the attention of the villagers and the woman. 

“Help me!” The woman yelled.

”Trying,” Yoongi said to himself before throwing the fireballs at the villagers. 

The villagers, completely shocked of what they were seeing, couldn’t react in time. The balls of fire connected with their bodies, sending them flying back in flames, dead. The villager holding the woman eyed Yoongi, then released the woman and fled. 

Yoongi went over to the woman’s side, created a flame to see better, and eyed her. She was a student from his class.

”You’re the guy who-“ before the girl could finish, a group of armed villagers came out of nowhere and charged at the two.

Yoongi quickly pulled the girl to her feet then cupped his hands together. He focused energy into the small cavity between his hands then felt heat form. He slowly opened his hands, a ball of fire growing as his hands got farther apart. The villagers stopped, some stumbling over one another. The girl couldn’t take her eyes off of Yoongi. Yoongi let the fireball grow until it was almost blocking out his view of the villagers then sent it hurtling towards them. The villagers tried to evade it, but Yoongi flicked his wrist, exploding the fireball into millions of scattering flames. The flames attached themselves to the villagers. The two watched as the villagers fell to the ground, trying helplessly to extinguish the flames overtaking them. Yoongi turned the girl around as he increased the heat and size of each flame. The screams of the villagers spread through the town. 

Yoongi eyed the ashy remains of the villagers, then turned to the girl. “Go hide somewhere.” 

“But what if-“

”You’ll be okay. I won’t let anyone pass me by, just stay hidden and quiet. Go.” Yoongi said as he gently pushed her away. The girl ran off somewhere. 

Yoongi turned back and continued forward. He made his way to a large building. Surrounding the place were a couple dozen of villagers, who surrounded a familiar face. It was the professor, now wearing a bloody robe and holding a bloody dagger. Below him laid the corpse of a student from his class, whoever it was Yoongi couldn’t make out the face. Yoongi stayed in the darkness to not alert anyone else.

The professor took the dagger to his mouth and the blade. Afterwards, he dropped it and rose his hands high. “We give you the blood of innocence, oh great God!” 

“Why do I get stuck with fighting cults? I swear if another demon is the leader-“ Yoongi continued his tirade in his head as he watched. 

Another familiar face entered from the professors left. It was Hwa Sa, also wearing bloody garments and a dagger. 

“Didn’t even surprise me.” Yoongi commented to himself. 

“We must find one more innocent, master. One strong soul to send above!” Hwa Sa said, caressing her dagger. 

There is no way I can take on all of them. I’d be killed.

Then it hit him. It was his only option besides fighting. He closed his eyes and began to speak in his mind.

Ryu?! Ryu! Ryu?! Can you hear me?! Please, I need help!

Yoongi sighed, realizing how terrible of a plan that was. However, what else could he do? 

Yoongi eyed the scene again, half of the villagers have disappeared; Hwa Sa and the professor were gone as well. Yoongi took this opportunity to strike. It went well, he sent multiple fireballs at the remaining villagers, killing them in the end. He took large steps up the buildings staircase to the front door. He went for the handle but found it locked. He groaned then placed his hand on the door. He focused power into his hand and a moment later, the door was no more. He stepped over the remains of the door and entered the building. The only light illuminating the entrance were candles. 

Yoongi couldn’t make out much, but it looked like after leaving the entrance; he walked into a large hall. Several large tables and rows of chairs placed about. The air smelled foul and musty. 

Yoongi continued through that room until coming to a door. He turned the handle and found a praying Hyungjae inside, unaware of his presence. Candles lit around him. 

Yoongi whistled. Hyungjae turned his head and his eyes widened. He rose and unsheathed a dagger, lunging at the fire-starter. Yoongi raised his hand and manipulated the candle flames to wrap around Hyungjae’s body, burning him and pulling him back to be consumed by flames. His screams eventually stopped. 

“Sorry, but not really.” Yoongi said before leaving the room. 

The large hall was still empty as Yoongi passed through it again. That was until, Hwa Sa leaped out from behind a table and tackled Yoongi to the ground. The professor appeared, standing above them with a toothy grin on his face. 

Hwa Sa held her dagger to Yoongi’s throat, “just the boy I wanted.” 

“Must be your lucky day.” The professor added, gaining a cackle from Hwa Sa. 

Yoongi chuckled, his hands gripping the hilt of the dagger and Hwa Sa’s wrist. Hwa Sa eyed him.

”You laugh as you lay! My wrath will send you to-“

”Shut up.” Yoongi interjected before disintegrating Hwa Sa, her remains spilling out over his body. The professor’s jaw dropped. Yoongi wiped away whatever ash he could then rose. “Now,” Yoongi cleared his throat. “Where is your demon lord or whatever.”

”D-demon lord?” 

“You know, you demon you work for. Bring him here. I’m sick of this and I really have to pee.” 

The professor dropped his dagger and got down on his knees, “oh great fire god, spare your unworthy disciple! Grant me purity’s flame and show mercy.” 

Yoongi looked at him with confusion, “Excuse me?”

”What do you wish of me, fire god?” 

Yoongi was taken aback for a moment, then spoke. “Turn yourself in to the authorities. You and all your followers.” 

The professor nodded, “whatever you wish, god of fire!” The professor rose then walked out of the building, Yoongi followed. “My brothers and sisters! We are visited by a god! Our innocent blood we’ve collected has finally granted us audience with holy flamethrower.” 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Yoongi said to himself.

All the villagers rose their weapons and bowed. The professor looked proud. 

“We must turn ourselves in to the law, it is by decree of our lord of flames!” The professor added. There was no resistance what so ever from any of the villagers. 

Yoongi watched as the villagers, and the professor, began walking away. Yoongi suddenly spoke, “harm no others you come across, let them flee and let them be or feel my flame consume you! Oh! And I wasn’t here!” 

The followers cheered and continued away. Yoongi shook his head, “not how I saw this night going.” 

Yoongi returned to his building, disintegrating the front door and knocking on Sehun and Luhan’s door. 

“You can come out now. It’s me, I promise.” There was no response to Yoongi’s statement. Yoongi touched the door and disintegrated it. Sehun and Luhan were huddled in the corner. They sighed with relief when knowing it was truly Yoongi. 

It took some time for everything to be settled, but Yoongi returned home. Woozi laid on the couch, an ice pack on each cheek. Ryujin vacuumed nearby.

Ryujin looked up from her chore and smiled, “how was the interrogation?”

”I hate cults. Hate them. So much!” Yoongi stated, stomping his foot on the ground in frustration. 

Ryujin chuckled and returned to vacuuming. Woozi groaned at the pain in his mouth as he repositioned himself on the couch. 

Yoongi sat down in the room and sighed, “I was a god to them.”

Woozi eyed him. 

“A god.” 

Woozi rolled his eyes.