Sleep Paralysis (Part 2)

The Great Ones

Woozi pointed at the computer screen, it illuminating his tired face. WooHee sat beside him, intensely focused on what he was saying.

”And that should be more than enough.” Woozi said. He rose from his seat and stretched. The entire office was pitch black, except for one light near the elevator and the computer screen. 

WooHee nodded and saved the project before copying it to a usb. She closed the program then logged off. 

“Now for dinner!” WooHee said with a smile. Woozi nodded. He eyed the clock on his phone, it was almost eight. 

“Let’s get going then.” Woozi said.

WooHee’s smile turned into a confused frown, “who’s she?” She pointed behind Woozi.

Woozi turned around and his eyes widened. Standing in the darkness was a woman with beautiful features. Only her head was visible. Woozi knew it was the demon, he just didn’t know why it was here.

”Miss, our office is closed!” WooHee said to the woman. WooHee began to walk towards her, but Woozi grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. “What?”

”The entire building closed at six.” Woozi stated. He then sighed, knowing he couldn’t truly hide the demon from her if it attacked; and he knew it would. 

“Maybe she works in another-“ before WooHee could finish, the woman lunged forward. Woozi flicked his hands at her, a barrier appeared just in front of her. The woman smacked into the barrier, stunning her slightly. Her beautiful features turned wicked as she grew angry. WooHee gasped as she morphed. “Wha-what is-“

”A demon.” 

“A demon?!” 

Woozi nodded. The demonic woman side stepped past the barrier and hissed at Woozi. Woozi flicked his hands again. The woman froze. 

“Go! Now!” Woozi said, dragging a scared WooHee with him to the elevator. He slammed his fist into the call button, his eyes turned to the frozen woman. 

“What did-“

”I’ll explain later.” Woozi interrupted. The woman began to fight the freeze. Woozi eyed the emergency staircase then dragged to WooHee to it. He kicked it open with his foot, and pushed her in. “Go!” He closed the door and turned to the woman. However, she was gone. “.” He opened the door to the stairs, finding a confused WooHee about to go downstairs. He sighed. “Let’s go.” 

“Where?” WooHee said with a shaky voice. 

“Somewhere safer.” Woozi answered. 

The two made their way down the many flights of stairs, eventually reaching the entrance. They flashed their ID’s to the security guard at the front desk then left. The two entered Woozi’s car. 

WooHee let out a deep breath. She turned to her coworker, “what is going on? Who-What was that?!” 

Woozi started his car and immediately headed to the hospital. When the two left the street their work was on, he finally spoke. “So, sorry to be so blunt, but I don’t really have time to explain it in full detail. That woman was a demon, don’t exactly know what kind at the moment, and I’m meant to fight things like her.” 

“Oh.”

”My roommates, Yoongi and Ryujin, also do what I do.” 

“And what about that freezing thing?! You like-“ 

“To help fight them, we were given special abilities.” 

“Oh.” 

“Any other questions?” 

“No.” WooHee said while shaking her head. 

“Cool.” 

————

Yoongi paced in the room, biting his nails. He just got a call from a frantic Woozi, explaining what had happened to him. He eyed Shownu for a moment before dialing Ryujin. 

Ryujin picked up, “Yes?” 

“Where are you?” 

“I’ve been gone for not even five minutes. Can’t I use the restroom?!” 

Yoongi ignored her question and hung up. Ryujin came back into the room a few minutes later. 

“Anything special happen when I was gone?” Ryujin said jokingly.

”Shut up.” 

About ten minutes later, Woozi and WooHee ran in to the room. Woozi eyed the hallway, finding it nearly empty, then shut the door. 

Ryujin eyed WooHee, “whose she?” 

“She was with me when the demon attacked.” Woozi said, he led WooHee to Shownu’s side then sighed. “My freeze didn’t last long on her, so we need a new plan.” 

“Disintegrate her?” 

“Not risking her touching me.” 

“I agree, not worth it. I’ve died before, not fun.” Woozi added. 

“Maybe you cut her in half,” Ryujin said. 

Woozi shrugged, “I guess, but it’d be pure luck.” 

“Luck is what we are apparently full of. I’ll risk it.” Yoongi said. 

As if on cue, the demonic woman appeared from the bathroom, stepping out from the darkness within. WooHee shrieked and ducked down behind the hospital bed. 

“What the ?! Are we in a horror movie? What kind of demonic-“ before Yoongi could finish, the woman lunged at the three.

Woozi dove to the ground, almost crashing into a chair. Ryujin and Yoongi side stepped out of the way. The woman stopped, froze in place then spun around to face the three. She looked at Woozi then shot at him. Woozi flicked his hands at her, a barrier appeared in front of him. The woman crashed into it, cracking the barrier in the process. Ryujin ran to his side and helped him up. Yoongi had conjured several balls of fire by then. He sent them sailing at the woman, but the fireballs disappeared into her body. 

“Why did I dive to the ground? What good did that do?!” Woozi yelled. Ryujin patted him on the back to comfort him. 

“Guys!” Yoongi called out. 

The woman slowly stalked towards him. Her beautiful face morphing into the wicked one she hid. Yoongi kept throwing fireballs at her to no avail. 

“Freeze her!” 

Woozi flicked his hands at the woman. A barrier erected in front of her, causing her to walk into it. Her face smushed up against it. She spun on her heels to face the two. Ryujin slapped Woozi on the arm. Woozi flicked his hands again. She froze, but for only a few seconds before breaking free. 

“Okay. New plan! Yoongi, touch her!” Woozi yelled. 

Yoongi whimpered for a moment before charging at her. She immediately spun around and dug her nails into Yoongi’s shoulders. 

“Woozi, do something!” Ryujin screamed. 

Woozi flicked his hands at the woman, but nothing happened. Ryujin grabbed one of the chairs near Shownu’s bed and swung it at the woman. Nothing came from that, as if the woman felt nothing. The woman released one of her hands from Yoongi’s shoulder and raised it towards his forehead. Woozi eyed her hand. 

WooHee peeked up and screamed at what she was seeing. She crouched down again. The commotion caught the attention of a passing doctor outside the room. Before he could open the door, Ryujin was already at the door to block it from opening. 

“Is everything alright in there?” The doctor asked. 

Ryujin peeked her head out to smile at him. She focused her energy to manipulate his mind. 

You need to check on your other patients. 

“I have to check on my other patients, I’ll come back later.” The doctor said before leaving. Ryujin closed the door. 

Yoongi held the woman’s hand trying to stop her from stabbing her nails into his forehead. He was also trying to focus his power to activate his disintegration ability. Woozi took a deep breath then aimed his hands at the woman. He felt for a trigger, something to erect a barrier. Suddenly, something inside his stomach stretched. He knew he needed to protect his friend, there was no other option. He was going to protect his friend. 

“Yoongi,” Woozi said. “Let go.” Ryujin joined Woozi’s side. 

“What?!”

”Woozi, are you-“ 

“Trust me!” Woozi interjected. 

Yoongi eyed the woman’s sharp nails then swore before removing his hands. The woman hissed, her gaping mouth stretched into a wide smile. 

“Woozi!”

Woozi flicked his hands, as hard as he could, his eyes locked on the woman’s hand just inches from Yoongi’s forehead. A barrier, no bigger than her own hand, appeared from her wrist, severing it. The woman hissed in pain and gripped her severed hand with her other hand, releasing Yoongi in the process. Her severed hand fell to the floor, black blood oozing out from the wound. 

Yoongi backed away. With a burst of confidence, Woozi flicked his hands at the woman again. A barrier erected inbetween her other hand and wrist, severing it. The woman fell to her knees, staring at her dismembered hands in complete shock. Her other severed hand fell to the floor beside her, oozing the same black blood. 

Woozi eyed the woman. She looked up at him and hissed at him. Before she could do anything, Woozi flicked his hands at her. A barrier around her size cleaved her in two. A moment later, all the the barriers created vanished. The woman’s remains turned to black blood, then deeper into the ground. 

The three friends came together, eyeing where the woman was moments ago. Yoongi rested his head on Woozi’s shoulder. Woozi patted his head gently. Ryujin crossed her arms over her chest. She perked her head up and eyed the hospital bed. She could hear WooHee’s thoughts, which were asking herself if the demonic woman was dead.

”She’s dead, sweetie.” Ryujin said to WooHee. 

WooHee peeked her head out and eyed Ryujin, “She is?” The three nodded. 

“Even cleaned herself up.” Yoongi said, removing himself from Woozi. He grimaced at the pain in his shoulders. 

“How bad is it?” 

Yoongi shook his head, “nothing to worry about.” 

WooHee rose and went to Woozi’s side, “Now what?” 

Woozi eyed Ryujin and Yoongi, then looked at WooHee. “Depends, can you keep a secret? Our secret?” He asked as he motioned to Yoongi, Ryujin and himself. 

“Yeah!” WooHee said. 

“Okay, then.” Woozi said. A moment passed. Woozi suddenly flicked his hand at WooHee, freezing her. “Can we?” 

Ryujin nodded, “Yeah. She wasn’t even thinking about what happened.” 

“Really?” 

“You don’t wanna know what she was thinking about.” 

“Why?” 

“She’s surprisingly lewd for someone so pure-looking.” Ryujin said before glancing at Yoongi for a moment. “Don’t have with her.” 

Yoongi eyed WooHee, but Woozi was already mid smack across the head. 

“All I did was look at her!” Yoongi yelled. 

“That’s basically , knowing what you’re capable of!” Woozi yelled back. 

“I’m not some -“

”Yeah, okay!” Ryujin and Woozi said in unison sarcastically.

———

Ryujin leaned against the porch railing of Shownu’s home, picking at her fingernails. Yoongi stepped out from inside, Shownu following behind him. 

“Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate it.” Shownu said with a smile. 

“Good to see you’re doing well,” Yoongi added. 

“I’ll keep your secret, I promise.” 

Yoongi looked at Ryujin, who nodded at him. Yoongi turned back to Shownu and nodded, “thanks.” 

“Come back to visit sometime, I’ll treat you guys to some dinner.” Shownu said. “Kota would have killed me if I didn’t pay you guys back for what you’ve done for me.” 

“Have you gone to see her?” Ryujin asked. 

Shownu nodded, “I visited her grave last night.” He looked down with a sad smile, “I miss her so much.” 

Unknown to Shownu, a feminine hand rested on his shoulder. Kota stood beside him, smiling lovingly at him. Shownu said his goodbyes to the two and went inside, closing the door behind him. Kota looked at the two. 

“What’s she saying?” Yoongi asked Ryujin. 

Ryujin eyed Kota then chuckled, “she’s telling us to make sure Shownu doesn’t start day drinking again; and if he does, we have her permission to kick his .” Ryujin continued reading her thoughts then nodded, “she’s ready to move on.” 

Kota looked back at her old home then smiled. A moment later, she was gone. 

“I’m in the mood for some coffee.” Yoongi said. 

“Me too.” 

“Large.”

”And iced.” 

“Let’s go.”

”Yes!” Yoongi cheered before jumping off the porch and running to the car. Ryujin shook her head at him then followed him.