Soul’d(Part 1)

The Great Ones

A woman pushed the door open to leave her worksite. She took in the night sky with a smile before walking to her right. She dug into her purse, looking for her phone. 

Her regular walk home had her take a shortcut down an alley. She turned into the alley, finding it dark. The light from the lamppost flickered wildly as she walked down. 

She took out her phone and began playing on it to pass time. The light from her screen illuminating her face. 

A loud bang made the woman jump. She stopped walking and looked around. She swore she heard a noise coming from darkness surrounding her.

”Wooyoung,” a voice whispered. The woman turned to where the voice came from, staring into a dark corner of the alley. 

“Hello?” Wooyoung called out.

Before she could react, a man nearing his fifties appeared from the darkness. Wooyoung stared into his eyes, trying to find some sort of resemblance to someone she might know trying to scare her. The man smiled at Wooyoung. 

Wooyoung began to lose focus, her vision becoming blurry. Next thing she knew, she was somewhere else. It was unknown to her that the old man stood behind her with a knife gripped tight in his hand.

“Wooyoung.” The man said.

Wooyoung turned to face him. She was greeted to a knife in the stomach, the man driving it deeper and deeper, then pulling out and stabbing again.

The man let Wooyoung fall to the ground, knife in her stomach. He let out a chuckle as he watched the girl die.

Meanwhile, Woozi covered himself with an unfamiliar blanket. He listened to the news on the TV in front of the bed. A body moved in the sheets beside him.

”Go back to bed.”

Woozi gently poked the body beside him and giggled, “I think my boss would hate me for being late to work again.”

”I don’t think I would.” The body beside him said. Pulling back the covers, Seongchul brushed his messy hair away from his eyes.

Woozi leaned in closer to Seongchul, “Yeah?”

”Yeah.”

Seongchul and Woozi’s lips met. The kiss was first gentle but became more passionate and wild.

Before the kiss could turn into anything more, what was on the news caught Woozi’s attention. 

The anchor stared at the camera as he read the report, “a woman, by the name of Wooyoung, was found dead near the “It’s a Sign” antique shop. The woman reportedly had wrinkled skin, similar to that of a elderly woman, and pure white hair. However, according to the autopsy, Wooyoung was only a few days away from turning twenty.”

Seongchul continued to kiss Woozi’s neck. Woozi stared at the screen still. 

Seongchul finally stopped and looked at Woozi, “You okay?”

”Shush.” Woozi said, covering Seongchul’s mouth with his hand. He continued to listen to the report.

After the anchor moved on to a different report, Woozi pulled the sheets away and got to his feet. 

“Where are you going?” 

Woozi grabbed his underwear and slipped them on, “it’s a magical situation, babe.” 

Seongchul raised an eyebrow, “did you just call me babe?”

Woozi stopped dressing, “did I?”

Seongchul smirked, “You did.” 

Woozi chuckled, “my bad.”

Seongchul looked Woozi up and down. Woozi was just in his underwear and socks. He then looked into the freezers eyes, “Will you be my boyfriend?”

Woozi’s eyes widened. Before Seongchul could say anything else, Woozi froze him. Woozi apologized to his boss before dressing himself and running out of the room. 

Back home, Yoongi and Ryujin his behind their couch as balls of lightning flew overhead.

Yoongi conjured fire in his hand then rose. A woman surrounded by lightning glared at him before forming a ball of lightning in her hands. Yoongi threw the fire at her, it forming into a ball as it sails towards her. The fireball dissipates as soon as it collided with the lightning surrounding the woman. Yoongi retreated back down just before the woman launched more lightning at him.

”Guys, I think we have-“ Woozi called out while walking into the house. When he noticed the woman, he let out a shriek before joining his friends behind the couch. 

“Stupid humans!” The woman snapped. She created another ball of lightning in her hands. 

Woozi looked at his tired friends, “who is she?”

”His date.” Ryujin answered.

”The girl from the bar last night?!” 

“I don’t want to hear it!” Yoongi added. 

“I’ll tell you I told you so when he vanquish her.” Ryujin said. Yoongi glared at her before conjuring fire. 

“Why don’t you try to disintegrate the lightning surrounding her?” Woozi asked. 

“Well,” before Ryujin could finish the woman stepped onto the couch to look down at them. She had a ball of lightning in her hand.

Woozi gasped and raised his hands at her. She froze immediately. 

Yoongi rose from behind the couch and threw the fire in his hand at the woman. The woman unfroze and immediately combusted. All that was left was a pile of ash. 

“Who was she?” Woozi asked.

Ryujin went to grab a broom and dustpan.

Yoongi let out a sigh of relief, “a witch.”

”A witch?”

”She was spouting all kinds of words. She turned our tv into a maneating entertainment station!” Yoongi added. 

“Well, we got somewhere to be.” 

“We do?”

“Just follow me!” Woozi snapped. Yoongi went over to stand beside him by the door.

Ryujin returned with a broom and dustpan. When she noticed her friends by the door, she raised the cleaning items in her hands. 

“Woozi says to follow him.”

Ryujin let her arms fall to her sides. She let the broom and dustpan fall then sighed. 

The three piled into Ryujin’s car and drove to where Wooyoung was found dead. When arriving, they were stopped by a police officer. 

The officer ran a hand through his hair when stopping the three. He looked exhausted and annoyed. 

“You need to lea-“ Before the officer could finish Woozi gestured at him, freezing him. 

“So you froze a guy in the middle of a crime scene, what if someone tries to talk to him?” Yoongi said.

”I’ll stay here. You two go.” Ryujin said. “I’ll control his mind if I have to.” 

Woozi and Yoongi nodded in agreement and ran off towards the alleyway. When the two reached the alley, they found it full of detectives and other law enforcement officers. Woozi froze them then ran to where they were mostly huddled near. Yoongi stood watch. 

Woozi grimaced when seeing the bodybag. He turned to examine the scene, looking for any sign of magic. He was about to leave when he saw remnants of what looked like a struggle near the bodybag. Woozi swore under his breath. 

Woozi reached for the zipper then ped the bag. Rigor Mortis had yet to set in. Wooyoung hair was pure white, her skin wrinkled and her eyes completely black. 

“That isn’t normal.” Woozi said to himself. 

“Hello?” A voice called out nearby. Woozi turned his head to see the spirit of Wooyoung hovering above a pile of trash. 

Woozi zipped up the bag and walked over to her. Wooyoung looked down at him with a frown. 

“You aren’t him.” She said sadly.

Woozi’s eyes widened, “you can talk?!”

”Yes. Why wouldn’t I?”

”I’m pretty sure ghosts can’t talk.” Woozi thought for a moment. “Unless you aren’t exactly a spirit.” 

“This doesn’t matter. You’re not him.”  

”Who?”

”The man who murdered me.”

”And who would that be?”

Wooyoung stopped hovering and stepped off the pile of trash. She looked around at the frozen people, and Yoongi watching from afar. She whispered what she said next, ”A soul broker.”