Touch

The Great Ones

Ryujin sat down on the couch at her work. She grabbed a magazine from the end table. Onew sat down beside her and sighed.

”What was Seola thinking?” Onew asked.

”We have a long night together. Let’s try to not gossip about our coworkers.” Ryujin said, flipping through the magazine.

Does she need to be so stingy? 

Ryujin glared at him. Onew looked at her with confusion. “What?”

”Nothing.”

Woozi leaned against the counter. He sighed and sipped his iced coffee. Yoongi sat at the kitchen table reading a book.

”Do you think Seongchul would want to kiss me?”

Yoongi looked at Woozi, “Duh.”

Woozi set his coffee down and pushed off the counter towards Yoongi, “then why hasn’t he?”

”Maybe he wants you to make the first move.”

”Not gonna happen.”

”Why?”

”I don’t make the first move.”

Yoongi shook his head, “because that’s a good motive to love by.”

”Your sarcasm is ty.”

”My s are ty, my sarcasm is witty.”

Woozi grabbed his drink before going to his room. Yoongi set his book down then rose.

”Why do college classes for next semester have you do homework during the summer? Makes no sense!” Yoongi exclaimed to himself as he opened the refrigerator. He pulled out a bottle of water then sat back down at the table. He took a sip of water then grabbed his book.

As soon as his fingers touched the book, the book disintegrated into small particles of dust. Yoongi stared at the remnants of his book. As he placed his hand on the table to get up, the table dissolved into small dust  particles. Yoongi steadied himself so he wouldn’t fall on the ground. He stared at the piles of dust around him. 

“Uh, Woozi?!” Yoongi called out.

Woozi ran in a moment later, “what’s,” he stopped and noticed the table gone and piles of dust on the floor. “Where is our table?” 

Yoongi pointed at the pile of dust, “there.” 

“Why is it a pile of dust?”

”I touched it, and then it went ‘poof.’”

”Poof?”

Yoongi looked around the kitchen and noticed a dirty plate on the counter. “Watch.”

Yoongi walked over to the plate, Woozi followed him. Yoongi tapped the plate with a finger. As soon as his finger touched the plate, the plate disintegrated into dust. Yoongi turned to Woozi.

”That is new.”

”Fix my power.”

Woozi thought for a moment then nodded. “Conjure fire.” Yoongi snapped his fingers. Fire appeared in his palm. Woozi smiled and looked at Yoongi. “I can’t fix your power.”

”Why?”

”Because it’s not broken. Yoongi,” Woozi motioned to the piles of dust around the kitchen. “You have a new ability.” 

“I do?”

”Seems like it.”

”How can you be sure?”

”You can still conjure fire, so the next best bet is you have a new power.”

”Well we have a problem.”

”You can’t touch anything.”

”Exactly.”

Woozi thought for a moment then went to a drawer and pulled out oven mits. He put them on Yoongi’s hands and pointed at the counter. “Touch it.”

Yoongi eyed him. Woozi nodded. Yoongi sighed then reluctantly poked the counter. Nothing happened. Yoongi sighed. Suddenly, the oven mits disintegrated. A groan escaped Yoongi’s mouth.