Siren Says Part 2

The Great Ones

Yoongi pulled into the driveway of Ryujin’s work. He was fighting back blinking. When he finally did, a massive fireball appeared over his head. 

“Of course.” Yoongi exclaimed before sending it flying up into the sky, hoping it to burn out.

Yoongi found Ryujin’s car in the parking lot. He ran to the front door and tried to open it, but found it locked. He knocked on it a few times hurriedly.

Ryujin answered it, “Don’t pound down the door, .”

”Woozi and his boy toy got-“ before Yoongi could finish, Ryujin covered his mouth and pushed him out the door as she exited the home.

”Don’t really want my coworkers to know. So what’s going on?”

”Some woman took him and his boyfriend.”

”Took them where?” Yoongi shrugged. Ryujin sighed and turned to the house. “I can’t leave work. We are understaffed, I’ll lose my job.”

”But-“

”Yoongi, you have to do it alone. I don’t think I can leave.”

”What if she can manipulate men’s mind. Like that vampire succubus.”

Ryujin swore under her breath then ran a hand through her hair. “Well what do we do?”

Yoongi smirked “use your power to compel your boss to let you leave.”

Ryujin hesitated but then nodded. She disappeared into the home for a few minutes then returned. 

“Let’s go.”

Ryujin and Yoongi took their cars back to the house. Ryujin examined the area where Woozi and Seongchul were taken by the woman. She noticed a wet spot where the woman was to have been standing. 

“That’s weird.” Ryujin stated. 

“She and the guys disappeared into like some mist thing. That was left behind.”

”What type of creatures are woman, , and are linked to water?”

Yoongi shrugged. Ryujin got an idea and ran off. A moment later she returned with a book from Woozi’s room, it being a book of mythological monsters. 

“Thank god one of us is smart when it comes to this stuff.” Ryujin said as she skimmed through the pages. 

Ryujin stopped on a page of a woman, her private areas covered by her long wet hair. She held two skulls in her hands and had a creepy smile. Ryujin showed the page to Yoongi.

”Does she resemble her?”

”Exactly, just without the skulls.” Ryujin started reading the page then sighed. Yoongi eyed her, “What?”

”It’s a siren. Lures men to their death with her singing.”

”Great.”

Ryujin threw the book down and groaned, “why does Woozi always get possessed by mind control?!”

”I do too!”

Ryujin shushed him and rose, “Well the book says they live in caverns near beaches.” 

“The only beach near us is eurwagni.”

”Worth a shot. Let’s go.” 

The two entered Ryujin’s car then made their way to the beach. As soon as the two exited the car, Yoongi heard a familiar hum. 

“She’s here.”

”How do you know?”

”I can hear her singing. Can’t you?” Ryujin shook her head at him, “but why am I not being compelled?”

”Doesn’t matter. Let’s burn this .”

The two nodded at one another then ran down to the beach. 

Farther down the beach, the siren was humming her song. Woozi and Seongchul, now both wearing only a grass thong, served her coconuts. Inside the coconuts were pieces of flesh from former compelled men. The siren took both coconuts and sipped. 

Yoongi and Ryujin found the cave, hiding behind a huge rock near the entrance to spy on the siren. The two eyed Woozi and Seongchul. 

“Damn, Woozi’s lucky. Look at that guys abs.”

Ryujin nudged Yoongi, “Not the time, . We need a plan.” 

“How about I scorch the living out of the siren and save the day?” 

“And how do you plan on doing that? If you haven’t noticed, you haven’t been conjuring fire when you blinked for a while now.”

Yoongi looked up and groaned, “it would stop now, wouldn’t it.”

”Did you bring your lighter?”

”No. I thought-“

Yoongi stopped speaking when he heard a tapping sound very close to him. Lounging on top of the huge rock was the siren, tapping her fingernails on the rock and smiling down at the two. Woozi and Seongchul walked up to both sides of the rock and stared at them as well.

”Now what?” Yoongi said.

”Run.”

Ryujin grabbed a fistful of sand and flung it at the siren, blinding her long enough for the two of them to get away. As the two ran, Woozi and Seongchul followed close behind.

”Okay, so we got the two happy meals away from the hungry hippo. Now what?!” Yoongi yelled to Ryujin. 

“Maybe I can try compulsion! Sway them back to our side!” 

Yoongi nodded and suddenly got tackled by Seongchul. Ryujin quickly reacted and kick sand up at him as hard as she could. Seongchul jolted away, giving Yoongi the chance to kick him where the sun doesn’t shine. Seongchul fell to his knees and cried out in pain. Woozi noticed this and raised his hands.

”Yoongi. He’s going to freeze you!” Ryujin shouted.

Before Yoongi could react, he and Seongchul were both frozen. Ryujin thought fast and tackled Woozi to the ground. 

Ryujin grabbed Woozi by his wrists and held him down. She looked into his eyes and began to speak to him through compulsion.

Fight for me. Defeat the siren. Fight for what is good, not evil. Unfreeze Yoongi.

Woozi seemed to be having an internal struggle before blinking a few times. He turned to Yoongi and flexed his fingers, unfreezing him. Ryujin released her hold and rose, helping Woozi up in the process. 

“Is he fixed?” Yoongi asked, panting heavily.

”No. I don’t know how long I can keep my hold on him. Let’s go vanquish this singing siren and go home.”

The three made their way back to the cavern, where the Siren waited in her makeshift throne. She twirled her hair between her fingers as she watched the three walk in.

”I still can’t summon fire.” Yoongi said to Ryujin.

”Well figure out how. Woozi,” Ryujin turned to Woozi, who looked at her “Freeze her.” 

Woozi motioned his hands at the siren, freezing her. Ryujin turned back to Yoongi, who was blinking crazily.

”Any time now, Yoongi!”

”Shush!” Yoongi snapped.

Suddenly a small speck of fire appeared above his head. Ryujin pointed at it and smiled. Yoongi looked up and smiled. He willed the fire to grow to a large size, then sent it hurtling at the siren. The impact of the fire sent the siren flying into the wall behind her, breaking her neck in the process. She immediately dissolved into mist.

Woozi blinked a few times then shook his head. He gripped his forehead tightly and groaned, “ow.”

”Welcome back, sailor.” Yoongi teased.

Woozi shot him a look then looked at his surroundings. “Where am I?”

”On the beach.”

Woozi looked down at his attire, “and where are my clothes?!” He blushed and ran behind the throne. 

Before either Ryujin or Yoongi could explain, Seongchul walked up behind them. “What is going on here?” 

Woozi, Ryujin and Yoongi looked at one another. Woozi sighed then waved at his boss. 

“Woozi. What is going on?!”

Woozi waved for Ryujin to come cover his exposed body, then moved out from behind the throne. His head peeking out from behind Ryujin. “Can we talk about this at our place. With clothes on?”

Seongchul finally looked down and saw the grass thong. He didn’t try to hide anything. He nodded his head at Woozi. 

“Let’s get going before the beach starts to fill up with people.” Ryujin said, ushering the others to follow. 

Back home, Woozi and Seongchul warmed themselves up under a large blanket together. The two sitting close on the couch, still in their grass thongs.

Seongchul let out a short chuckle “wow.”

Woozi nodded, his body turned completely towards Seongchul. Their knees brushed against each other often as the two spoke. 

“And what can you do again?” Seongchul asked. “I don’t follow.”

Woozi smiled and stared at him, “I call it inanimated stasis. Basically I freeze people.”

”And they don’t remember anything?”

Woozi nodded, “there entire “being” is put in a sleep mode. They don’t remember any events happening after being frozen.”

”Can you ‘freeze’ yourself?”

”Nope. Believe me, I’ve tried.”

Seongchul nodded. He looked away from Woozi for the first time and around the room. “Your friends take awhile to get us clothes.” 

“Yep.”

Seongchul looked back down at Woozi, “and what can they do?”

”Ryujin can read minds and has mind control, and Yoongi manipulates fire.” 

“Cool. And you’ve fought monsters, like real life monsters

Woozi nodded, “we’ve lost count how many times we’ve killed them. Never seems to be an end.”

”And you don’t know how you got these powers, right?”

”Correct.” 

Seongchul nodded, “and I assume this is supposed to be a secret.” Woozi nodded. Seongchul smiled and cupped his hand over Woozi’s “it’s safe with me.”

Woozi smiled. Seongchul held his hand for a moment longer before giving a squeeze and letting go. Ryujin returned with clothes a moment later. 

“I can read minds, you know.” Ryujin said to Seongchul.

”I know. Woozi told me.”

Ryujin nodded and eyed Seongchul intensely. Seongchul shifted in the couch uncomfortably and cleared his throat, glancing at Woozi once more before looking away.

“Sorry.” Seongchul said, blushing slightly.

”For what?” Woozi asked. 

Seongchul turned to Ryujin who held her finger up to her lips. Seongchul sighed with relief and mouthed “thank you.”

”Oh so it’s a secret? How rude.”