Chapter 43

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll stop by your apartment after work. Alright, see you."

 

 

 

Heechul put down his phone after Jungsoo ended the call. It was nearly a month since Kangin's departure and he just learned that chatting, phone calls, or even facetime were never enough to replace Kangin's presence. Duh. However, he was glad when Kangin informed that he loved his new place. Heechul smiled, swirling the pen on his fingers. He missed his cousin but Kangin deserved everything he wished for; he had to be strong for the sake of his cousin.

 

 

 

"I miss you, brat."

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm outside."

 

 

 

Jungsoo put down the ladle and lowered the heat on his stove when Heechul phoned him saying that he'd arrived. He jogged to the main door and opened it immediately. A smile bloomed on his face the moment he saw Heechul standing obviously exhausted from work. He grabbed his boyfriend's hand and pulled him inside.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh right!"

"What?"

Jungsoo's smile widened as he motioned Heechul to just follow him. Heechul simply obeyed and let whatever his boyfriend was up to. He frowned, however, when Jungsoo stopped in front of the video intercom system set inside the apartment.

 

 

 

"Scan of your face, baby."

Heechul was bewildered although he compliantly positioned his head in front of the sensor. A mechanical sound was heard followed by a notification telling that the data input was successful.

 

 

 

 

 

"What was that about?" Heechul said as he sat tiredly on one of the chairs in Jungsoo's dining room, his head and upper body pressed on the table. Jungsoo who had been continuing his cooking glanced at Heechul momentarily before he turned off his stove, ready to do the plating.

 

 

 

"It's for the convenience so that you can come inside immediately next time."

 

 

 

Heechul smirked, resting his chin on his palm as he looked at Jungsoo serving the food like a professional. Their relationship was in a calm wave since the last storm at Shindong's party and it was tearing Heechul apart—part of him was happy as they grew even closer but he couldn't lie that the fact that Jungsoo decided to close the case terrified him as if his heart could be broken anytime.

 

 

 

"You really trust me so much, huh?" Heechul said blatantly. The dishes were finally ready and Heechul got up to help his boyfriend to bring them to the table. The food was exceptionally much but he simply shrugged it off. Jungsoo chuckled as he put down the plates and leaned in the table.

"It's not like you're gonna kill me in my sleep," Jungsoo grinned. Heechul rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Actually I do. Sleep with eyes open from now on."

 

 

 

Jungsoo couldn't hold it anymore, he pulled his boyfriend's form closer and hugged him tightly, unable to resist the feeling of missing the younger. Heechul also sighed in contentment, Jungsoo's head softly as the older buried his face on his neck. They stayed like that until so suddenly the there was a click signaling the main door was opened; someone was coming in. Acting on impulse, Heechul quickly pried his body away from Jungsoo's hold and stood a few feet away. His heart raced crazily because his suspicion was right, they expected another person. 

 

 

 

Jungsoo smiled and finally went out to fetch his awaited guest. It was nerve-wracking but he had to be composed so that his plan ran well. Heechul was about to say something, stopping his boyfriend from leaving him but he had no time to do so as Jungsoo had dashed to see who it was. His legs were glued to the floor because his nervousness made his limbs weak. Few steps were coming closer and Heechul had to shut his eyes, calming himself.

 

 

 

 

 

His uneasiness wasn't baseless. When he opened his eyes and saw Jungsoo standing in the door frame with a middle-aged woman, he knew it was the time for his terror to show him what it could do. The great resemblance of both of them only made it vivid that she was indeed whom Heechul thought she was—Jungsoo's mom.

 

 

 

Mrs. Park was as stunned as Heechul, her eyes dilated rapidly. Her body felt numb as if it were just a chunk of rock. She hoped her eyes were lying to her because what she saw clearly wasn't what she expected. Jungsoo suddenly invited her to come over for dinner and she thought it was a green light from Jungsoo to agree on her plan. 

 

 

 

Since the first appearance of Jungsoo and Jisook on the public at one of Jungsoo's friend's wedding, her agenda had to be postponed as Jungsoo suddenly got very busy and couldn't even pick her calls. Although she doubted the reason, she still clung to the hope that Jungsoo was the obedient son that he was. Now, that she met the eyes of another person in the room and the person was, unfortunately, a man, she finally grasped what her son had in his mind all along. tightened, choking her words. If Jungsoo wanted to play, she would show how it was done.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul, this is my mom. Mom, this is him."

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul desperately wished the earth could split into two and swallow him alive. He was afraid, too damn afraid to even make a move. It felt like Jungsoo tricked him because his boyfriend never said a single word about meeting the mother blah blah blah, but then again, his heart twitched as he knew for sure if it wasn't like this, he wouldn't ever be ready to meet her. Heechul inhaled deeply and bowed as polite as he could.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter