Chapter 37

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
From: My Cherry Go straight to Kangin's bar, no need to fetch me. I'm probably late. (received: 4:19)

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

SPIN UP

 

 

 

Jungsoo took off his tailored coat, bringing it with his hand, and entered the bar. He noticed some new arrangements like the artificial plants which were not tacky at all, the new type of lamps hanging on the ceilings giving intimate atmosphere, and the wall painted in monochrome color. Heechul surely did a very great job of helping his cousin with the interior. He strode over and immediately saw the owner of the place tending the cashier.

 

 

 

"Great job," Jungsoo said leaning in the bar table. Kangin smirked, calling one of his staff to replace him. He walked to a table and Jungsoo followed behind.

 

 

 

"Should I believe you? I know your opinion is biased."

"Well, Heechul's contribution aside, I do like the changes."

 

 

 

They talked for a while in one of the reserved tables and Jungsoo suddenly realized that the table was quite big. He thought it would be only him and Heechul but he guessed they expected more people.

 

 

 

"Who'll come?"

 

 

 

Kangin looked at him incredulously before answering, "Since Donghee's bachelor party is a pretty important event, perhaps the very same people who came for my welcoming party. I think that's all."

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo's eyes dilated. He didn't know it was Shindong's party he was attending. The problem was not only that actually, but he also didn't expect he would meet Kyuhyun again. Kangin left him to check on his staff after Jungsoo had ordered a glass of black coffee. However, his coffee was a bit too late; someone had come first.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

The younger looked very surprised upon seeing Jungsoo had been sitting, looking at him lazily, in the said table. He thought Heechul wanted to hang out with him and Kangin, it turned out that it was Shindong's party and his crush's boyfriend was also invited. After cursing to himself, Kyuhyun eventually strode over to sit in the other end of the round couch, very far from Jungsoo.

 

 

 

"I see you don't look surprised," Kyuhyun said, plopping on his seat.

"I've got over it."

 

 

 

Both of them chose to spend the time by gluing their gaze to their own mobiles. Jungsoo started to pray that Kangin or someone else could come to save the thick air around two men with the same obsession. His savior did come, but the surprise-saga continued. 

 

 

 

Hyukjae stopped midway as he was nearing the table. The two men, wearing a boring look, eyed the newcomer blankly.

 

 

 

"Hyung? Kyuhyun-ssi? What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo sighed while Kyuhyun only rolled his eyes, annoyed. Hyukjae was bewildered and the responses he got didn't help him at all. He was told by Donghae to come to this bar after his work hour. Many expectations had been lingering on his mind as to why his boyfriend asked him to go to a pretty far bar instead of having dinner near his or Donghae's office.

 

 

 

 

 

"Drop those expectations of yours. It's just Shindong-hyung's bachelor party."

 

 

 

Kyuhyun muttered, not lifting his gaze from his phone. Hyukjae quickly searched for his brother's confirmation and slumped defeated when his brother only raised his shoulders.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"I'll be with my friends if you need me."

"Okay, boss. Don't worry."

 

 

 

 

 

Kangin leisurely walked to the table where his friends should have been. He whistled happily and noticed that there were more people had come since he left Jungsoo earlier. His high-pitched whistle slowly died down as he shortened the distance between him and the table. 

 

 

 

Three bored expressions welcomed him, with each of them looked at him menacingly. He gulped, feeling that if gaze could kill, he would have died. He asked Kyuhyun to scoot over and sat beside the younger. No one in the table said anything and he also didn't have a topic to strike a conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes had gone by but it felt like decades for the four men. They were like clowns performing a pantomime in the middle of a busy street. Despite the loud music and the noise coming from people talking to each other, their table was dead silent. Suddenly, Kangin's phone buzzed and he cheered mentally to finally have an excuse to leave the gloomy table for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, we're all here. Please be quick. No.. Nothing is urgent, I just.. Just be quick."

 

 

 

Kangin came back to the table and the heavy atmosphere was still there. He gave up.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, don't get mad. No one knew the meeting would be extended this long."

 

 

 

Heechul couldn't hear anything nor even his assistant's constant reasoning. He had a meeting with one of his client and he thought it wouldn't take long because he'd said that he had another agenda—Shindong's party. Yet, perhaps this person was the most difficult, ridiculous, shameless client he got. The man prolonged the meeting for almost an hour, making all of them late for the party. He couldn't hide his annoyance anymore and his staff was the lucky witnesses of his anger.

 

 

 

 

 

"We're not late, Hyung. Shindong is not even there yet, he's still stuck in his in law's house," Sungmin tried to talk to him. Seeing that his boss was still not responding, he gave Donghae cue to speed up the car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo finally finished his black coffee. Damn, it was all he could do to distract himself from the uncomfortable situation. Now he could find an excuse to leave the table because his bladder sent a signal.

 

 

 

"Errr... I need to go to the washroom."

"On the left of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter