Chapter 38

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Heechul-hyung will be okay, hyung. Don't get too worried."

 

 

 

Hyukjae sighed, eyeing the couple from the rearview mirror. Jungsoo was continuously holding Heechul close as if the latter would have fallen even sicker if he let go. How could Jungsoo not worried? Heechul's flaming face contradicted his cold fingertips. The coat he wrapped around his boyfriend's form seemed not to be warm enough for Heechul as he was trembling.

 

 

 

"I'm so stupid. I'm sorry, Chul. I'm ing sorry."

 

 

 

Heechul clutched Jungsoo's shirt tightly that his knuckles turned white. He felt so weak; everything was cold to the point that he barely felt his fingers.

 

 

 

"Dammit, Hyuk. Hurry."

"We're almost there, hyung."

 

 

 

Hyukjae grunted and stepped on the gas, adding the velocity of Jungsoo's car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but you have to wait outside, Sir."

"No no... I need to make sure he's okay. Please..." Jungsoo desperately begged, almost intruding the nurses. He could've succeeded if his brother hadn't stopped him by dragging him to sit down. Watching his lover lying almost unconscious inside the ER all alone was enough to make him sick himself. He felt so dizzy as if his energy was brutally drained. He fisted his hair out of frustration. What he could do now was blaming himself.

 

 

 

"It's normal, Jungsoo-hyung. He will be okay. Just like Kyuhyun said, he is probably tired because of his work."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's gaze hardened; his ears were itching listening to what his brother said. He felt lost; Kyuhyun indeed knew Heechul more than he did. And that fact hurt him so bad. He chuckled, of which Hyukjae was surprised.

 

 

 

"True. Kyuhyun is right. He knows Heechul too damn well."

"Hyung... You know that's not what I me-"

"I'm so useless, ain't I?"

 

 

 

Hyukjae finally took a seat beside his brother, massaging the older's shoulder to give him a morale boost. The last time he witnessed Jungsoo got this frantic over someone else's matter was Jungsoo's dad—not his dad fully but he and Jungsoo's dad were as close— collapsed due to heart failure. Jungsoo was so panicked back then and he was extremely devastated when the news that his dad couldn't make it reached him. Since then, Jungsoo seemed to always close himself from getting too attached to people. He never showed any human expressions except the politeness, decency, and composure. Somehow, Hyukjae was glad that his brother slowly opened his heart.

 

 

 

"You're not. Heechul-hyung needs you the most, hyung. He always looks for you, right?"

"I feel so undeserved. I'm too arrogant. I thought... I thought I knew him better."

"Come on, hyung. Don't blame yourself. He'll be okay."

 

 

 

Hyukjae leaned back on his seat, almost lying down as his body was feeling tired. However, when he glanced sideways, he noticed something or someone hid behind the column of the hospital building. Wincing his eyes to take a good look, Hyukjae could tell it was a man but he had no idea who he was. As he pretended to look at the ceiling, he could see from the corner of his eyes that the man once again peeked.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung," Hyukjae quietly muttered. Jungsoo stayed still, however, because his focus was on his boyfriend's safety. Yet, Hyukjae tried again, now a bit louder.

"Hyung, on your 3 o'clock."

 

 

 

Jungsoo frowned, still not facing his brother. For a second, he was confused but it finally hit him. He purposefully cracked his neck, stealing a glance at the direction of Hyukjae's code. Someone was there indeed, clearly spying them.

 

 

 

"Dammit. He is one stubborn fellow."

Hyukjae got up, looking at his brother nervously.

"You don't get it, do you? Mom sent someone to stake out on me, now us."

 

 

 

Listening to the unexpected answer, Hyukjae's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He never knew their mother could go to that extent. It was true; he was never his mother's object of something like this and heck he didn't want to be. He grimaced, imagining how severe the treatment his brother got that he seemed to be used to it.

 

 

 

"Now, what do we do?"

"We-"

 

 

 

The room finally burst open, revealing a doctor and two nurses following behind. Jungsoo didn't manage to finish his sentence and jumped from the bench.

"How is he? Is he okay? What should we do next? Wha-"

"Sir, please calm down. He is fine. Are you his guardian?"

"Yes."

"Please follow the nurse to settle the administration after this. As for your friend, he seems to overwork himself because the result shows that he is diagnosed with a migraine due to extreme fatigue. It is pretty severe so I hope you could assist him in taking his meds. He also got a slight fever but that's not to be worried about. He is just very very tired."

 

 

 

The doctor smiled politely and bowed before he walked away with one of the nurses. Jungsoo finally could breathe after knowing that his boyfriend was at least okay. He swore he would take good care of Heechul until the latter was fully recovered.

 

 

 

"Told ya, he's gonna be okay."

Hyukjae came beside him, patting his back. Jungsoo turned to his brother and finally whispered what they should do about the suspicious man.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Crap. He's leaving. I'll be dead meat if I lose track of him."

 

 

 

The man followed his target's every move with sharp eyes. He sneakily trailed behind him until they got to the parking lot. He got on his own vehicle, still keeping a good eye on his target.

 

 

 

The black Rolls-Royce finally pulled over to the main street and the man carefully went after it. The driver of the luxurious car knew so well he was being stalked. He leisurely speeded up the car, cleaving many cars on his way. The silver Mercedes still tagged along his way and he started to get annoyed.

 

 

 

"Should I show off my skill?"

 

 

 

The man's eyes shot open when the car he was pursuing suddenly doubled its pace, speeding up skillfully in the busy road. He suddenly got panicked when he struggled to keep up with his target.

 

 

 

", Mr. Park got some nerves."

 

 

 

When he was about to step on his gas, he knew he was doomed when he saw the car had already turned left as the traffic light showed a blinding red color. His grip on the steering wheel hardened as he cursed loudly for he failed his mission.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

As he was finally freed from his stalker, he gradually reduced his speed. He checked on the rearview mirror and was satisfied when he saw no one was trailing behind. His penthouse was on his sight and he could finally in ease.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae smirked.

"Jungsoo-hyung surely knows how to play the game."

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you. Good night."

"Good night, Sir."

 

 

 

Having settled the administration and Heechul's medicines, Jungsoo went back to the emergency room to fetch his boyfriend. The doctor said that Heechul could go home tonight as he had been injected with a pain killer and he should be okay now. It was a relief because Jungsoo had decided to take a day off just for taking care of Heechul. He couldn't trust his boyfriend to someone else.

 

 

 

As he walked in the dark corridor of the hospital, his mind wandered back to his brother. Hyukjae was a very good driver but he was still worried about his wellbeing. He made a mental note to call the younger when he had done with Heechul's matter. Jungsoo sighed as his body finally felt the toll. He put Hyukjae's coat on his shoulder, the one he had changed with his own earlier, rolled the sleeves of his button-up shirt and accidentally looked at his wristwatch; that was when he realized it was already past midnight. Now that he didn't have his car with him, he just hoped there would be transportation for him and Heechul to go home.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"Heechul?"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter