Chapter 33

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I should've known sooner. You're no different. I'm just your no one."

"Heechul."

"How many things do you hide from me?"

Jungsoo gave up, letting his disappointment showed.

"Same question. How many things do you hide from me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, are you listening to me?" 

 

 

 

Hyukjae frowned, stopping his eating. He looked intently at his brother and sighed. Jungsoo had been spacing out since he came earlier. It was as if the older's soul was somewhere else. The responses he uttered was so nonchalant—very unlike Jungsoo.

 

 

 

"I'm listening. The grand opening, when is it again?"

"Hyung. I was talking about the investor. I ain't got to the grand opening yet. Seriously, you're strange."

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo shut his eyes tightly, pinching the bridge of his nose. He couldn't concentrate on anything he did after his big argument with Heechul this afternoon. All his mind was tending towards one particular person. He had tried to busy himself with works yet he only messed up them even more. He knew he'd gone overboard by yelling at his boyfriend but his ego kept telling him that what he did was justified. Heechul had been keeping something from him intentionally. He felt like a stranger while in fact, he was Heechul's lover. The guilt was overshadowed by his anger and disappointment.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're fighting with Heechul-hyung, aren't you?"

Hyukjae's monotonous voice pulled him back from his deep ponder. Jungsoo tried to crack a smile and acted as if he wasn't affected. Hyukjae, luckily, only shrugged it off, chugging his coke. Jungsoo was hesitating for a while but in the end, he chose to throw his question anyway.

 

 

 

"Hyuk, you... Do you know about Donghae's past?"

Hyukjae halted gulping. He eyed his brother as if what Jungsoo had asked was a weird thing.

"I know. He told me about his exes and stuff the other day. Why is it?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo chuckled bitterly and bottomed up his coke. He grazed the upper part of the can before crushing it so suddenly. Hyukjae was startled by the new unusual attitude of his brother. It was always terrifying when Jungsoo was angry. If he had known earlier that his brother extremely chafed, he wouldn't have bothered to come.

 

 

 

"Lucky you. Donghae is such an honest, simple guy."

Hyukjae wanted to retort but his brother's glare intimidated him.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul is so confusing."

 

 

 

 

 

'I'm so confused.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul had no problems with Monday. Unlike most people who were terrified by the first day of the week, he treated that day similar to the rests. Yet, today, he finally suffered from Monday blues. Working was so bothersome. He flipped his sketchbook lazily and sighed. Grabbing his phone, he looked at the cute photo of him and Jungsoo. There were no messages nor calls from the latter whatsoever and he didn't have any will to initiate first.

 

 

 

"He's so selfish."

Heechul grumbled to himself, hoping it would release his anger a little. His guilt was slowly forgotten, overpowered by his fear of being left.

 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, Boss. How was your visit last weekend?"

Donghae entered the room, greeting politely. He was busy checking Heechul's schedule and waited for either Heechul's exciting updates or his scoffing telling him to stop bothering his morning. He frowned when he got neither.

 

 

 

"Hyung? Heechul-hyung?"

Donghae waved his hand in front of his employer's face when the latter only stayed still, looking at his phone. Donghae rolled his eyes and scoffed.

 

 

 

"Teuk-hyung is here."

Heechul snapped and half yelled, "Is he?!"

 

 

 

Donghae was taken aback by the exaggerated response and quickly thought a way to escape. "Here," the assistant sheepishly said, pointing at Jungsoo's picture on Heechul's phone screen. He turned around and left the room in record speed before Heechul managed to bury him alive.

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you really ignoring me now, Jungsoo?" Heechul whispered to nothingness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, seriously. It's been three days since you became absolutely muted. Tell me, please. Other employees are starting to notice."

"Shut it."

 

 

 

Heechul drank his milkshake and grunted, "You and your child-like taste preference. This is too damn sweet, Hae." 

 

 

 

Donghae pouted although he chose to ignore his boss' complaint and continued to eat. Heechul was a sensitive guy but it got extremely worse when he had something bothering him. His mood swings would really make him all whiny and fussy over a tiny bit of wrongness. Simply, this Heechul was a pain in the . Yet, luckily, Donghae had been used to all of this and he had learned his lesson; ignorance was bliss.

 

 

 

"This place is too loud. Go finish your meal and just leave already. Why did I agree to eat out with you?"

"Come on, hyung. It's been a while since we ate together."

"Right, thanks to you and your boyfriend being that cringe inseparable couple. Where's he anyway?"

 

 

 

Donghae forked his meat and made a thinking face, to which Heechul only rolled his eyes.

"He said that he had a meeting this afternoon."

Heechul sneered, "Are you sure he's having a meeting now? And not having another agenda?"

 

 

 

Donghae frowned and hesitantly answered Heechul's not-so-nicely-sounded question, "That's what he said, hyung. What is it? Don't scare me."

Heechul leaned back on his seat, crossing his hands on his chest. He looked outside the window and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter