Chapter 59

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun clutched Heechul's fingers tightly as they were about to enter the house. Jungsoo was leading the way, bringing Haeun's not so much stuff to her new room—the one that he and Heechul had redesigned, hoping it would suit their daughter's liking. Instead of going all pink like he wanted, in the end, he had to admit that Heechul's preference to have pastel purple walls, combined with a plain white-painted wall on one of the sides with daisies details on some spots did make the room looked fancier and cozier. The room smelled so nice from the fragrance Heechul bought the other day. He smiled; Heechul was very thorough indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

"Haeunie, do you like your room?"

Jungsoo said as he sat on a chair beside the bed. Heechul smirked a little, clearly satisfied with his work on the room. Haeun's eyes lit up when she entered the room as if she had to open her big eyes wider to take all the view in front of her.

 

 

 

"Haeun's r-room?"

She said innocently, with her quiet yet sweet voice. Jungsoo nodded, a fatherly smile on his face. Haeun explored farther and touched almost everything she saw—the big plushie, the night lamp, the bookshelf, and the daisies. She turned her body slightly, looking at Heechul with a faint smile on her pretty face.

 

 

 

"Mama."

She muttered, grazing the daisies details with her tiny fingers. Heechul was stunned; his nose was suddenly sour, summoning his tears. She remembered. Haeun did remember about the daisies. He strode over and lifted his daughter, hugging his little angel tightly.

 

 

 

"I love you, Haeunie."

 

 

 

Haeun smiled wider, her bunny teeth finally appearing. Heechul was experiencing something he never had before. It was a different love from the one he fought for with Jungsoo. It was a new feeling of love—motherly love.

 

 

 

"Thank you, Mama," Haeun chirped as her eyes kept wandering around the room.

"Kiss."

 

 

 

Heechul turned his head slightly, showing his left cheek. Haeun stared at him blankly before she bashfully pecked her Mama's cheek. The chaste gesture sent Heechul smiling ear to ear. However, suddenly a loud whine was filling his ears to which he only rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

"Haeunie. Papa also worked hard to paint this room. Where's my kiss?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo slumped on his seat, sulking like a little boy. Heechul began to think that he had two babies to take care of instead of one. Haeun wriggled her tiny feet so that Heechul put her down and walked with tiny steps to her Papa. She placed her hands on his face before she gave a shy kiss on his left cheek.

 

 

 

"Papa, thank you."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's next action was to exchange a meaningful look with his boyfriend. He knew they both felt the same. He pulled his daughter closer and rewarded her sweetness with a loud smooch on her cheek although she whimpered from the excessive affection afterward.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Have you finished your milk?"

Heechul said as he checked on his daughter in the living room, watching a cartoon on television. Haeun nodded, cracking a humble smile as she swayed her empty glass. 

 

 

 

She suddenly got up and walked to the kitchen, causing her Mama to follow. Heechul stopped when his daughter tried to open the fridge with all her might with that tiny body. He chuckled and helped her.

 

 

 

"What do you want, sweetie?"

Heechul asked smoothening Haeun's silky hair. The little girl stretched her hand to reach the bottle of milk, tiptoeing in the process. Heechul only observed his daughter's antic as he wanted to see what she was trying to do. When she got the bottle, she grabbed a clean glass and hugged the bottle to open the lid. Heechul got even more confused; did she want more?

 

 

 

Haeun poured the milk in the glass sloppily, almost spilling it on the kitchen island that was almost as tall as she. She smiled, satisfied, and carefully held the filled glass. Heechul was bewildered when his little angel shoved the glass in front of him. He crouched down and took the glass. However, Haeun suddenly got another glass and was about to repeat her action when Heechul's question stopped her.

 

 

 

"You want some more milk?"

Haeun quickly shook her head, making her cheeks puffy.

"For Mama. This is for Papa."

"W-why?"

"The milk is tasty. I want to share it because I love Mama and Papa."

 

 

 

A quiet gasp escaped Heechul's lips. Tears flooded his eyes in a second upon the unexpected answer. It seemed like a mere thing but to Heechul, it was worth the whole world. Haeun trusted him in their first meeting and she always made him feel so loved and needed. The grip on the glass tightened as he observed how the little angel worked diligently to fill the empty glass just like what she did in his life and he was sure Jungsoo's as well; Haeun filled the empty spaces that neither of them could do. 

 

 

 

Afraid that he would make his daughter frightened to witness him crying, he turned around and left the kitchen. When he was about to hide behind a wall, he bumped into Jungsoo who had just done showering. Without a second thought, he circled his free hand—as he was still holding the milk Haeun gave him earlier—and hugged Jungsoo, sobbing on his shoulder. Jungsoo was taken by surprise when Heechul suddenly slumped on his hold and cried quietly. He took the glass from his boyfriend's hold and put it in the near table. Just then, he drew Heechul closer and rubbed his back comfortingly. He knew Heechul would explain when he was ready so all he did was to hold him close and be his pillar.

 

 

 

"H-haeunie..."

Heechul uttered in between his silent sobs. Jungsoo knitted his eyebrows and stopped for a moment before he sighed and kissed Heechul's temple as he whispered.

"What's wrong with Haeun, baby?"

"She... She said she wanted to share her milk with us because she loved us. I-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why is M-mama crying?"

 

 

 

Haeun stood behind the hugging duo with a glass of milk held tightly in her hands. She was very close to crying when she noticed that her Mama was missing and when she found him, her Mama was in tears. Jungsoo's eyes dilated when he saw their daughter looked at them distressedly. He shushed Heechul, kissing his hair lovingly to stop him from crying.

 

 

 

 

 

"H-haeun's been bad?"

Her voice cracked, meaning that she was already sobbing. Heechul quickly wiped his tears and inhaled deeply before he turned around and comforted Haeun. Jungsoo smiled at the scene; he was feeling a journey of emotions and he enjoyed the ride.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter