Chapter 61

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul nestled himself more on the warmth of Jungsoo's embrace and the older gladly tightened his hold, his hand on the waist drawing Heechul closer. They simultaneously sighed in contentment. Jungsoo brushed Heechul's hair softly before placing a kiss on the crown. Against the dark mop, he mumbled sleepily.

"Good morning."

 

 

 

Instead of verbally answering, Heechul kissed Jungsoo's collarbone, his hand slipping under his wife-beater as if it was the most natural thing to do. He the fine abs and chuckled when Jungsoo's body reacted to his touch. Jungsoo hooked one of Heechul's legs and entangled their limbs under the blanket. He groaned softly when Heechul bit his shoulder and gave kitten to the bite mark afterward.

 

 

 

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

 

 

"G-good morning."

 

 

 

Haeun's hesitant voice sounded from behind the door following the soft knocks. Jungsoo whined a little to which Heechul only grinned. The older reluctantly got up and went to greet their daughter. Haeun's face lit up the moment he opened the door although she looked a bit nervous as well, proven by her tight clutch on her plushie. Jungsoo smiled and picked up his daughter before he walked drowsily to the bed where Heechul seemingly had got back to dreamland. 

 

 

 

Haeun immediately snuggled to her Mama and Heechul was always in the mood for a morning cuddling session with Haeun. Jungsoo lied back and propped himself on his elbow, facing sideways. His hand took turns to caress Heechul's face and Haeun's head. Haeun seemed to have been fully awake, playing cutely with her doll and occasionally looking up at Heechul. Jungsoo smiled and glanced at the clock; it was still early but they had to get to work soon. He leaned closer and pecked Heechul's forehead to wake him up. The younger stirred but he never opened his eyes. He sighed and kissed him longer and harder. 

 

 

 

Haeun observed intently the scene, having abandoned her doll. With her tiny hand, she touched Jungsoo's cheek causing him to turn to her.

"Hmm?"

"Papa loves Mama so much," she uttered softly, a smile adorning her cute face. Jungsoo beamed back, nodding. He was more than glad to let their daughter witness their being so full of love; Haeun deserved it after how cruel her past was.

"I do."

"Haeunie too loves Mama."

"Really? Help Papa then," Jungsoo grinned mischievously before he scooted closer to Heechul and began to shower Heechul's face with kisses. He motioned Haeun to do the same and the little girl shyly nodded, finally teaming up with her Papa to wake Heechul up. Jungsoo had been holding Heechul's hands in place because his boyfriend would never be aware whom the object of his morning wrath and he didn't want Haeun to be the victim. 

 

 

 

True enough, Heechul grunted in his sleep as he felt that his face was being tickled continuously yet it was too bothersome to wake up.

"Jungsoo, stop it."

"Wake up, it's already noon."

Heechul sneered, still closing his eyes.

"Liar."

Haeun bit her lip cutely and then nuzzled on the column of Heechul's neck.

"Mama, wake up."

 

 

 

Heechul's brows twitched upon hearing the tiny voice before he slowly cracked his eyes open and blinked thrice when the first time he saw was Jungsoo's beaming face. He couldn't help but reflect the expression. Jungsoo swiftly pecked his lips and greeted.

"Good morning."

 

 

 

Heechul's smile widened as he rubbed Haeun's back gently, combing her thick hair with his fingers. His morning had been so energizing after Haeun came. He looked at Jungsoo's warm gaze, wanting to say his gratitude for him through his eyes, and it seemed that Jungsoo understood as he smirked handsomely and winked at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll be here as soon as I get off from work. Call me if something happens."

 

 

 

Heechul nodded and leaned closer to place a chaste kiss on Jungsoo's cheek. He got off and opened the door of the back seat to get his daughter. Haeun seemed a bit wary to get off but she eventually did after receiving Heechul's assuring smile. They waved to Jungsoo's car as the said man drove off, leaving the parking lot. Heechul held Haeun's hand tightly and began to walk to the building.

 

 

 

 

 

As they were reaching the entrance, some staff immediately greeted their boss and noticed that Heechul was not alone, unintentionally taking a second look at them. Little did they know, their mere curious gaze was considered as silent judgment for the little girl and she started to be freaked out. Noticing his daughter's uneasiness, Heechul picked her up and comforted her, hurriedly taking the elevator to get to his office.

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as he reached his floor, Haeun's clutch on his neck tightened. He sighed and walked to his office all the while still soothing Haeun's frantic state. In front of his office stood Sungmin and Donghae, seemingly waiting for him.

 

 

 

"Morning, kids."

Heechul greeted naturally as he scanned his ID and got inside.

"Morning, Boss. I have something to dis-"

Donghae's voice trailed off the moment he turned to his employer. Sungmin, noticing that Donghae stopped abruptly, snapped to Heechul and now he knew why the assistant seemed to be surprised. His eyes rounded, observing intently at the whimpering girl on Heechul's hold. The little girl looked terrified as her body trembled slightly.

 

 

 

Heechul sighed, heaving Haeun's body to secure his grip as he was struggling to open the door to his office with a hand full of stuff. His daughter was most likely scared of hearing new people's voices. He looked at his subordinates and motioned them to follow him to his office. He sat on the couch and two bewildered men did the same. The look on their faces was so obvious.

 

 

 

"She's my daughter," Heechul said as he carefully tried to detach himself from Haeun but the little girl seemed to have glued herself to him. A loud gasp was heard in the room coming from Donghae while Sungmin could only gape his mouth, staring at his boss with big eyes.

 

 

 

"Your what?!" 

Donghae obviously couldn't hide his astonishment. His shrieking voice sent Haeun sobbing to which Heechul started to get annoyed with, feeling that his assistant was so tactless. He glared at Donghae while shushing his daughter patiently. Not getting the signal, Donghae was about to bombard Heechul with lots of questions when Sungmin suddenly covered his mouth with his hand. Although he was also shocked by the unexpected news, his mind full of nothing but curiosity, Sungmin knew better; shoving his bewilderment right now would worsen thing.

 

 

 

 

 

"She is my daughter. I adopted her a few days ago."

 

 

 

Sungmin frowned because something intrigued him. Yet, he could wait for better timing to confront Heechul. Sighing, he finally opened his mouth and tried to melt the tensed atmosphere.

"What's her name, Boss?"

The corner of his mouth rising a little, Heechul softly coaxed his daughter.

"Will Haeun do a good job and introduce herself to these kind uncles?"

 

 

 

Haeun's body twitched a little and she reluctantly peeped at her Mama's friends. Although a bit wary, they smiled brightly, waving their hands at her. She looked up at Heechul and the kiss on her crown encouraged her. Aware that his daughter began to open herself, Heechul gingerly put her down and though she instinctively clutched tighter, she finally got down, standing in front of her Mama facing the uncles.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter