Chapter 40

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul looked at the full mirror on his walk-in closet, carefully fixing the thin ribbons adorning his neck. He initially wanted to use choker, like he usually did, but since Shindong's wedding was a special occasion and choker seemed not to fit the event, he settled with the long black ribbon circling his neck twice. He smoothed his maroon dress shirt before putting on his black suit. Of course, it wasn't an ordinary suit. The body-fitted suit was embellished with small gems and laces, framing the lines of the outer. Simple pinkish eye makeup and a very reddish lip product were all he put on his face; as for his hair, unlike the routine with feather and stuff, instead, he tied it up into a small ponytail, leaving some strands to frame his face. He smiled at his reflection, imagining how handsome Jungsoo would look today.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

From: Kangin Hyung, I'm right outside your building. (received: 2:30)

 

 

 

Heechul dashed to meet his cousin as soon as he received the message. The moment he reached the ground floor and could see the parking lot outside, Heechul recognized Kangin's car right away. Confidently, he strode over to the said vehicle, bowing to some people he met in the lobby.

 

 

 

Kangin rolled down his window and grinned looking at his dazzling cousin. Whistling, he winked at Heechul to which the older only rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

"Something got in your eyes?" Heechul grunted and got in the car. Kangin laughed and started his car engine.

"Nah, sometimes I just don't realize that you're that stunning."

"Your compliment sounds fake, Youngwoon-ah. No wonder your love life is too boring."

 

 

 

Kangin only smirked and drove his car to the venue. Sooner or later, he had to break the news to his cousin. He knew Heechul would hate him but it had to be done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul was awed by the venue. It was like a private garden arranged beautifully with many wedding decorations. White chiffon fabric flowing gracefully on each place it was put on; beautiful flower bouquets were placed in several spots adding the romantic atmosphere; even a red carpet was prepared from the entrance into the main part of the wedding.

 

 

 

"I can't believe Donghee is really married today," Heechul said as he looked at the big photo of the couple looking very intimate placed in the front table. Kangin looked at his cousin having the same proud smile on his face. Seeing his friends achieved their dreams one by one warmed his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung!"

 

 

 

The Kim brothers turned to the familiar voice calling them from afar. Kangin's smile stretched wider as he saw Kyuhyun walking to them. For a moment, his mind wandered back to the day he found Kyuhyun ate his lunch near the washroom because no one wanted to become a friend of a nerd. Since then, Kyuhyun got very closer to him and Heechul and he just found out that the younger actually had the talent to become as snarky as both him and his cousin. The timid, nerd boy now had become a respectable IT consultant, just like what he wanted.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun's heart felt like it was about to burst for each step he took shortening the distance between him and the cousins. Heechul took his breath away once again. Heechul's smirk looked as charming as the first time they met back then. It was no use for him to explain how the overall look his crush's had right now made him look so enchanting because it got no end. Heechul tilted his head, his eyebrows raising when he noticed Kyuhyun suddenly stopped.

 

 

 

"Another weird brat. Seriously, you and Youngwoon are strange."

 

 

 

Kangin smirked looking at the very obvious scene yet his oblivious cousin was unable to see yet again. He glanced at his watch and noticed that it was time for him to do his job as Shindong's best man at this wedding. He turned to the still stunned Kyuhyun and snapped his fingers right in front of his eyes.

"Blink, Cho!" Kangin chuckled, "You see. Mr. Best Man gotta go now. Keep your eyes on Heechul-hyung when I'm not around. Bye guys!"

 

 

 

Kangin had dashed to the nearby building, like what Shindong told him to before his cousin managed to strangle him. Grinning madly, he looked back to his two best friends and saluted them.

 

 

 

"Yah, Youngwoon-ah!! The heck you said? Do you think I'm a ing kid needing supervision?!"

 

 

 

Kyuhyun laughed, waving his hand to Kangin. He, then, grabbed Heechul's hand and led him to the entrance.

 

 

 

"You're being so loud as always, hyung."

"Leave me if you think I'm embarrassing, for sake," Heechul scoffed. Kyuhyun smirked, hiding his blush expertly as the small contact was enough to send his heart thumping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

"Where's your bodyguard?" Kyuhyun lazily said, leaning in a table, while Heechul was looking at the drinks served there, uninterested. The younger shifted his gaze to his supposed interlocutor when he received no responses whatsoever.

 

 

 

"You heard me, hyung."

"If you're talking about Jungsoo, he's coming, so shut up."

 

 

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and diverted his eyes to look at something else than the moody man. He chose not to say anything more because he knew Heechul didn't like it when someone interfered with his business too much. However, Kyuhyun suddenly got a problem with breathing. His heart dropped as he saw who were coming, walking at the entrance.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

And a woman.

 

 

 

 

 

The woman linked her arm in Jungsoo's like they were a couple. Many reporters started to flash their cameras to the newcomers, changing the event into a photo shoot. Kyuhyun didn't know why but he got panicked. Many questions rushed past his mind. But right now, he knew for sure what he needed to do. He quickly snapped back to Heechul and used his body to cover everything—every painful thing— from Heechul's eyes. 

 

 

 

Too late, Heechul had set his gaze to the scene. Shock was not enough to describe what Heechul felt right now. The moment he casually turned his head, he was forced to witness something that crushed the life out of him. Jungsoo and that woman came together, arm in arm, all smiling, like those perfect couples straight out of a magazine. He felt that his heart was ripped apart when Jisook was exceptionally clingy to Jungsoo and his ing boyfriend seemed so fine with it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter